37" VIZIO LCD - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1303 Old 01-02-2006, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Scion TC with fold-down seats and a hatch - there was no way the box would fit. It has the nice unclip feature where you can remove the top part of the box - I was able to fit the tv nicely with just the bottom part (laying flat on it's back - is this bad?).

Costco takes it back without a box (just keep the accessories).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1303 Old 01-03-2006, 09:58 AM

I also, like everyone else, spotted this baby at Costco the other day. When comparing the various TVs at Costco one should be careful though as I noticed that while the Visio and some of the others were hooked up via Component cables there were a few LCDs that were only displaying off of Coax and they looked noticeably worse.
post #183 of 1303 Old 01-03-2006, 10:02 AM

There is no S-Video jack on this this TV, at least on the back. Right?
post #184 of 1303 Old 01-03-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcooker View Post

There is no S-Video jack on this this TV, at least on the back. Right?

There is no S-Video jack in the back of the TV. There is a S-Video jack on the right side of the TV (Video 3?). I am using it temporarily to hook up my in-law's cable box (which has composite and S-Video output) until they get the HD box with component input.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #185 of 1303 Old 01-04-2006, 07:03 AM

Happy New Year.
I tried to search on 37 Vizio LCD settings. Could not find anything. Anyone could share their settings ?

JHT
post #186 of 1303 Old 01-04-2006, 07:32 AM

Liked: 11
My Vizio gives a clicking noise every few seconds for first few minutes ( say 2-3) and also when your power it off. Its like that something is heating up / cooling down. Typically you can hear this type of noise when you turn off the engine of your car after driving it for few miles.
You can hear this if the volume is very very low or mute. I figured out when I my TV was on and receiver was off. Normally, it is barely audible, because tv volume overcomes it.
Is it normal with all Vizio's or mine is defective. I talked to tech support and they said it might be a fault. Otherwise TV is fine and happy with the purchase. I would appreciate if some one could verify.

Jithtproject, see page 3-5, prob it was page 4, on this forum where you can find some lcd setting for this tv provided by other members
post #187 of 1303 Old 01-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfuad View Post

My Vizio gives a clicking noise every few seconds for first few minutes ( say 2-3) and also when your power it off. Its like that something is heating up / cooling down. Typically you can hear this type of noise when you turn off the engine of your car after driving it for few miles.
You can hear this if the volume is very very low or mute. I figured out when I my TV was on and receiver was off. Normally, it is barely audible, because tv volume overcomes it.
Is it normal with all Vizio's or mine is defective. I talked to tech support and they said it might be a fault. Otherwise TV is fine and happy with the purchase. I would appreciate if some one could verify.

Jithtproject, see page 3-5, prob it was page 4, on this forum where you can find some lcd setting for this tv provided by other members

I would not worry about it. My guess is you bought the set at Costco and with their return policy you can take it back at ANY time if it goes bad. Enjoy your set.

Mike
post #188 of 1303 Old 01-04-2006, 08:22 AM

{Jithtproject, see page 3-5, prob it was page 4, on this forum where you can find some lcd setting for this tv provided by other members }

Thanks sfuad .

JHT
post #189 of 1303 Old 01-04-2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:

I have similar sound, but I'm not too worried. Still, what did tech support say? What do they mean by "fault"? What did they do? You've just verified that you're not alone with these sounds, but that doesn't mean there isn't something wrong. you've probably gotten farther on this matter than anyone so far, so you're the expert on this!
post #190 of 1303 Old 01-05-2006, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macosx View Post

I have similar sound, but I'm not too worried. Still, what did tech support say? What do they mean by "fault"? What did they do? You've just verified that you're not alone with these sounds, but that doesn't mean there isn't something wrong. you've probably gotten farther on this matter than anyone so far, so you're the expert on this!

I also hear some clicking sounds when turning off the display. I do not think it is worrisome. I still could not find any settings.

JHT
post #191 of 1303 Old 01-05-2006, 06:53 PM

I just bought one of the Vizio L37 from Costco. So far I am very happy. I am not to hip on all of the bells and whistles on this kind of stuff, so I am asking for a little advice from all of you.

I have dish hooked up to the cable input plug. Works great. But, there is a DTV input there also. Is this for DIGITAL TV? Is the dish suppose to go there?? What is this for?? I do not have HDTV from dish yet.

Thanks
post #192 of 1303 Old 01-05-2006, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jithtproject View Post

I also hear some clicking sounds when turning off the display. I do not think it is worrisome. I still could not find any settings.

It's there on page 4 for me, but here it is again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammick View Post

I have dialed in my L37 using Digital Video Essentials and it looks great. Here are my settings for anyone that wants to try them.

Backlight: 90
Brightness: 49
Contrast: 57
Color: 36
Tint: 50
Sharpness: 50

The only thing that is lacking in this set is the ability to use Panoramic mode on the component or HDMI inputs but I can live with that. I will just run a set of composite cables for standard def TV.

If anyone figures out how to get to the service menu please see if there is an option to enable panoramic mode on the component and HDMI inputs.

Thanks again hammick!
post #193 of 1303 Old 01-05-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshdriver View Post

I just bought one of the Vizio L37 from Costco. So far I am very happy. I am not to hip on all of the bells and whistles on this kind of stuff, so I am asking for a little advice from all of you.

I have dish hooked up to the cable input plug. Works great. But, there is a DTV input there also. Is this for DIGITAL TV? Is the dish suppose to go there?? What is this for?? I do not have HDTV from dish yet.

Thanks

It's for the OTA (over the air) antenna. If you have an antenna on your roof or one of those rabbit ears, they will do. Your dish will probably not work unless your local broadcasts are comming from the south in your city, and then you might get a little signal.
post #194 of 1303 Old 01-06-2006, 02:29 AM
Advanced Member

I got unacceptable edge enhancement when I tried turning up sharpness while testing with DVE. The max I could take was 25 ... I found 0 preferable though. FWIW.

Spleen

What do you mean, I can't afford it!?
post #195 of 1303 Old 01-06-2006, 07:01 AM

Quote:

Do you also hear those clicking noises which you switch on your TV. The tech support told me once the picture appears on screen, there should not be any clicking noise. But I hear them every few sec for couple of minutes after switching on the TV. They told me that it is not normal and system need repairs. They offered to get this set repaired at my home. I declined, because if this a defect, I would rather return it back to costco. I would appreciate if other memebrs plz verify, whether there is a clicking sound every few seconds for the first couple of minutes of swtiching it on.
post #196 of 1303 Old 01-06-2006, 08:08 AM
D-X

I have decided its either this set or a 42 Samsung DLP.

Now I just need to decide.
post #197 of 1303 Old 01-06-2006, 09:05 AM

I hear the clicking/popping sound every time I turn it off. When I turn it on I get a blue screen before the picture comes on for about a second. I was a bit concerned when I first got the set, but after a month, it doesnt really bother me any more. Everything else on the tv seems fine, picture quality, functions, etc. I bought it at costco so I'm not worried. Unless it's discovered that something is really wrong with the set and I start seeing other problems, I'm happy with it and dont plan on returning it.
post #198 of 1303 Old 01-07-2006, 08:34 AM

Quote:

Do you also hear those clicking noises which you switch on your TV. The tech support told me once the picture appears on screen, there should not be any clicking noise. But I hear them every few sec for couple of minutes after switching on the TV. They told me that it is not normal and system need repairs. They offered to get this set repaired at my home. I declined, because if this a defect, I would rather return it back to costco. I would appreciate if other memebrs plz verify, whether there is a clicking sound every few seconds for the first couple of minutes of swtiching it on.

I do not hear clicking sounds when I turn on the TV though.

JHT
post #199 of 1303 Old 01-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

I hear no clicks or pops when turning on/off TV or switching channels.

Spleen

post #200 of 1303 Old 01-07-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:

I do not hear clicking sounds when I turn on the TV though.

You might want to have your hearing cheched :-)
post #201 of 1303 Old 01-07-2006, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen93 View Post

I hear no clicks or pops when turning on/off TV or switching channels.

Spleen

Whether sounds are there or not, as long as they don't cause a problem, no worries. In fact, it's better if you don't hear them and then they won't bother you. There are times when I wish I didn't notice little things that irk me whenever I pay attention to them. You know what they say, sometimes "Ignorance is Bliss"!
post #202 of 1303 Old 01-07-2006, 11:29 AM

Girlfriend bought one at Costco yesterday; no clicks. Looks very good so far. Have to see how it handles the composite signal when I hook up my X-10 wireless video sender for the HD Tivo and DirecTV signal from my townhouse next door. (Yes, she's the girl next door you've all heard about).

Want to know if anyone has messed around with the audio reverb settings. The Concert, Living Room, Hall, and Arena all have really bad echos, and are unlistenable. I had to leave it set to Off. Does it sound good to anyone and on what type of show? So far we only have the antenna hooked up.

Also, it appears the Channel Guide only functions on HD channels, and only for one channel at a time. Anyone find different results? It would be great if it showed up on both tuners, and did all the channels at once. Kinda dopey this way.

Lastly, the channel info on HD stays up a long time when changing channels, is there any way to shorten it without hitting exit?

Fred W.
post #203 of 1303 Old 01-07-2006, 12:55 PM

Just picked up one of these at Costco for our bedroom. So far so good. No popping. I can see one dark pixel on a blue screen...but can't see it at all any other time. Reason for concern?

Am going to wall mount it (Costco has a tilting Peerless mount online that is a "very good" price) -I'm new...is it okay with the forum rules to say that?-

A few questions other than the pixel....

No panoramic mode in component? I will be connecting to Comcast DVR HDTV via HDMI when my cable order arrives, but for now I'm using component cables.

No signal info when hooked from a STB?

When watching "old 4:3" in "normal" mode, and then switching to an HDTV 6:9 picture, it compacts the new picture and I have to manually select "wide" to show the proper 6:9 mode? Seems the set should be able to do that automatically.

Any input/help/ideas are appreciated. I have enjoyed reading this forum and learning from all of you...I hope to be able to contribute in some fashion. Thanks!

--------------
David Parker
--------------
post #204 of 1303 Old 01-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Advanced Member

I would exchange it if it had a stuck pixel. Why pay for a panel and it not be as good as it could be? And panoramic mode in component is available, I believe ... as long as your component connection isn't passing anything higher than 480i (i.e. standard TV). Once you go anything higher, I believe panoramic is disabled.

Spleen

post #205 of 1303 Old 01-08-2006, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macosx View Post

You might want to have your hearing cheched :-)

You always hear a click when you turn on a tv. I meant you don't hear multiple clicking sounds as somebody in post mentioned. Even regular crt tv made initial clicking sound.

JHT
post #206 of 1303 Old 01-08-2006, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen93 View Post

I would exchange it if it had a stuck pixel. Why pay for a panel and it not be as good as it could be? And panoramic mode in component is available, I believe ... as long as your component connection isn't passing anything higher than 480i (i.e. standard TV). Once you go anything higher, I believe panoramic is disabled.

Spleen

Spleen - maybe on yours, but not on mine.

I'm using a 480i SD FTA sat box with a scart component level input on HD2 analog input. I cannot turn on panoramic mode. Another downside is that any of the component inputs cannot be shown simultaneously with either RGB, DTV or OTA HD. In otherwords, if your watching a HD OTA football game, you can't to PIP/POP with whatever you've got connected to either of the HD anlog (component) inputs. That alone made me move my FTA box back to composit (AV1).
post #207 of 1303 Old 01-08-2006, 04:49 PM

Just returned my Sharp 32" and got the Vizio L37...picture not as clear and sharp as the 32" Sharp but the size makes up for it...I am quite happy and so far no noises.

post #208 of 1303 Old 01-08-2006, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revspeed View Post

Just returned my Sharp 32" and got the Vizio L37...picture not as clear and sharp as the 32" Sharp but the size makes up for it...I am quite happy and so far no noises.

Nice, it's a lot bigger too and seems to suit the space well.

-Jim Noyd
Noyd Communications Inc.
Representing VIZIO, DVDO,
Luxury Technology Show,
Kimber Kable, Krell
post #209 of 1303 Old 01-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Nice clean install. Let us know if you ever figure out how to get into the service menu.

Mike
post #210 of 1303 Old 01-08-2006, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post

Nice clean install. Let us know if you ever figure out how to get into the service menu.

Mike

What is service menu for?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page