Official LG 32LX2R thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 127 Old 12-08-2005, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
Orc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am thrilled to say that I am a proud owner of this great panel. It is all I could ever hope for . I am using it right now to type this text, on 1:1 pixel mapped 1360 x 768 resolution through DVI digital connection.

I only need to find a way to adjust the backlight setting hidden in it's service menu, and I'll be truly happy. I will be describing my experience with this panel, and you are free to ask me about it

CHEERS !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 127 Old 12-11-2005, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

I have been messing with this panel for 2 days now. Fortunately it has no dead pixels (knock on wood). The image quality is really great. SD signals look vivid .The black levels leave a bit to be desired, but only in scenes where black and shadow are filling the most of the screen. I think if I could adjust the backlight it would greatly improve the blacks (which are really good anyway). There is an option in the service menu to adjust backlight and gamma. Each setting has 3 preset values. The thing is you can change the values, but nothing happens, so I guess maybe you need to access the service menu the right way (using password) to activate these settings.

I have used this panel with my PC connecting my ATI Radeon X700pro using digital DVI-DVI connection. I was thrilled to see the perfection of the images, the text and the colours. As a computer monitor it surpasses my current TFT screen (also LG 1720p). I played Half life 2 and Guild Wars , using 1360 x 768 1:1 pixel mapped image. Now I find it difficult to play in my regular monitor . The gaming experience was the best I've ever had. The panel's response time is advertised as 8 ms - I think it is true : no ghosting no nothing, only crystal clear vivid bright with perfect colours and great blacks, digital picture.

I am going to get my Philips 5900 dvd player and will use hdmi to connect it. For those who don't know, this panel has HDMI and DVI inputs !

I fried my Dreambox 5620 , so I will get a new one the Dreambox 7020 ( digital sat receiver ). The Dreambox will be conected using the component connections.

I will post more as I'll test those two beauties ...

cheers
post #3 of 127 Old 12-12-2005, 02:04 PM

I have read that the DVD quality is really bad in LX2R. Have you tested it?
post #4 of 127 Old 12-12-2005, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

I have tested using scart RGB and svideo, but my source is bad. I am expecting to have a philips 5900 dvd with hdmi and I will use it sonn .

Even so, I am very pleased with the image quality.The only drawback is the black levels in really dark scenes.In coloured or brighter scenes, the blacks are excellent-rich and detailed.

I think that anyway the blacks I wish to see are not available to any LCD panel using today's technology.

So to answer your question : using DVD the image is great , and I am sure that it will be even better using proper source and hdmi.
post #5 of 127 Old 12-12-2005, 05:07 PM

How about Progressive Scan? Does it support it?

I think Im going to buy that screen!
post #6 of 127 Old 12-13-2005, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
Orc

all HD LCD screens support progressive scan : it is in the HD requierments.

so yes it does
post #7 of 127 Old 12-14-2005, 11:13 AM

Btw,

is there any difference between LG 32LX1R and LG 32LX2R?

How about LG 32LP1?
post #8 of 127 Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

as far as I know the LG 32LX2R is the LG 32LP1, with different desigh. The LG 32LP1 looks , well, prettyer . I don't know about LG 32LX1R.
post #9 of 127 Old 12-25-2005, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
Orc

I have hooked my digital sat receiver Dreambox 5620 via SCART-RGB on the panel's AV-1. The picture is superb. I wish that DVB programs would be 16:9 though.T he colours are superb, and the image really clear. I will buy some component cables to see if the picture quality can get any better.
post #10 of 127 Old 01-03-2006, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

some bad news: it seems there is a problem with the HDMI : it works perfect with NTSC , but it doesn't work with PAL at all. I hope this is a firmware problem...I have contacted LG about it, when I know more , I'll post again...
post #11 of 127 Old 01-05-2006, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

The German support of LG said there is a firmware available for correcting the HDMI - HDCP - PAL problem of the panel.
post #12 of 127 Old 01-08-2006, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc View Post

I am thrilled to say that I am a proud owner of this great panel. It is all I could ever hope for . I am using it right now to type this text, on 1:1 pixel mapped 1360 x 768 resolution through DVI digital connection.

I only need to find a way to adjust the backlight setting hidden in it's service menu, and I'll be truly happy. I will be describing my experience with this panel, and you are free to ask me about it

CHEERS !!!

Hi
please tell me what is your exact graphic card? what is the pc resolution that are you using? have you seen any hd signal on it using the computer?
I will probably buy this tv too
thanks
post #13 of 127 Old 01-10-2006, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

It is an ABIT ATI RADEON X700Pro PCI express 256 mb,and I use 1:1 pixel mapped 1360x768 using DVI-DVI cable. I have downloaded much HD content such as demos from LG, Sony, Philips, Jvc, Hitachi. Each time I watch them I feel so happy. I use Windvd7, with hardware acceleration, Powerdvd6 also but using eagle eye with it -creates OUTSTANDING images- and of course windows media player 10.

If I had to choose again , I would buy the exact same panel.
post #14 of 127 Old 01-12-2006, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

Today I finally connected my Dreambox 5620S to the 32LX2R using component cables. The picture quality is far more better that I was hoping to see. I used to have the Dreambox connected through SCART-RGB and the image quality was really great, but now it is as if this panel has revealed an even greater potential. All the colours are much brighter while the picture has more contrast. The blacks are even more richer, the details are more "sculptured" and the artefacts from the mpeg completion are smoother - overall this is a quality I was only dreaming that one day technology could offer...
post #15 of 127 Old 01-16-2006, 03:45 PM

I'm a proud owner of LX1R which is the same panel but this one is whole black.

Have you found a way to adjust the backlight?

Have you been able to get sound from PIP? It would be great to surf in the web and watch the TV in PIP with SOUND.
post #16 of 127 Old 01-16-2006, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

AHH man, the backlight...I have been asking EVERYWHERE for that. I can access the service menu but I can not change the backlight. The option is there and it has 3 settings to choose from : 100%, 63% , 40%. It seems you need to access the service menu using the correct password and not using the menu button trick. If you find out anything more, let me know.

By the way : congrats on your buy.
post #17 of 127 Old 01-17-2006, 03:21 AM

How about the PIP? Can you get the sound from it? I haven't found an option for this..

Where can you find that service menu thing?
post #18 of 127 Old 01-17-2006, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter
Orc

pip has no sound, unless you swap it and make the secondary picture primary - in double window the picture on the left has sound and you can also swap pictures then.

service menu thing : hold the menu button pressed on your set and on the remote at the same time. the menu appears on screen. keep them pressed and keep your eyes on the screen. the instand when the normal meny dissapears from screen, release the buttons. you must be quick and try some times until you get the timing right. If not, simply the password screen will appear. press exit and retry. The backlight is in the panel options and it's called brghtness. In the panel otions you can also change the colour of the bars apearing on the sides of the screen when you use 4:3, from grey to black.

good luck.
post #19 of 127 Old 01-22-2006, 05:40 PM

Orc I just wanted to know what comes in the box the cables, info booklet etc...
post #20 of 127 Old 01-23-2006, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter
Orc

oki, in the box you will find a fat manual, a thinner one, a cloth to pet your panel ^^ , 3 pc cables, DVI-DVI, VGA-DVI, ( these are very fat and look of great quality ) and a thin audio stereo pin to to audio stereo pin. Also a power cable, and some screws to further stabilise the panel on a surface., and a really awsome remote control with hidden buttons and also glowing buttons, which is programmable
post #21 of 127 Old 01-23-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:

oki, in the box you will find a fat manual, a thinner one, a cloth to pet your panel ^^ , 3 pc cables, DVI-DVI, VGA-DVI, ( these are very fat and look of great quality ) and a thin audio stereo pin to to audio stereo pin. Also a power cable, and some screws to further stabilise the panel on a surface., and a really awsome remote control with hidden buttons and also glowing buttons, which is programmable

thats amazing most companies give you the bare bones packages (even for the most expensive panels) cheers mate for the help, I've also heard some conflicting reports on the contrast ratio, most say 1200:1 and some say 600:1 its very strange but it would be great help if anyone here knows.

P.S I have a link to an AV forums thread that go's into deep detail for this panel and if anyone wants it just PM me.
post #22 of 127 Old 01-23-2006, 03:06 PM

I'd like to get that link, can you please PM it to me please?

Thanks

P.S. I'd also like to know if theres a way to program the Remote to use the Sky+ satellite box
post #23 of 127 Old 01-23-2006, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

the official LG site says 1200:1 but I don't believe it . In any case you must see the panel with your eyes and judge the picture. To me as I am very picky and have been waiting 2 years to find a panel like that, the contrast ratio and everything on it, ( colour, resolution, resonce time, connectiviy) all is very close to the top of what I am after. I only wish to be able to adjust the backlight and then this panel will be nearly perfect.

As for the sky codes, Yes I know the remote can be programmed foe the sky box too, I think that in the manual there are codes for it, but I also read many threads in the AV forum of ppl looking how to do it - it might be tricky or smth...
post #24 of 127 Old 01-24-2006, 02:04 PM

Orc, I have connected my pc to the LG and i have configured the resolution to 1360x768 with 60Hz refresh rate. when i surf the net or watch movies the quality is amazing, i cant believe how nice this panel is, but when i play games i see some cracking on the screen. i dont think i'm describing it right. its like a line starting from the bottom and it moves to the top. I have a feeling that it's because of the refresh rate but i'm not sure. Have you had similar issues or is it just me. Is there a setting i can do to fix this?

By the way thanks for the hidden menu tip i hated the grey color on the side of the panel when using 4:3
post #25 of 127 Old 01-24-2006, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

It is the Vsync !!! You need not worry about this "tearing". It is a refresh rate issue and is there on all monitors, when the image displayed is faster than the refresh rate of the screen. go to the display properties and enaple Vsync. Also usually the games have this option in their game menus. You must try to play Half Life 2 with widescreen mode. You'll never want to play on anything else again... . And of course it is better to use DVI-DVI connection over VGA-DVI. If you use VGA-DVI there are many settings to play with to help you get the best picture. With DVI -DVI all is done for the best result automatically, and 1:1 pixel mapped heaven is right there....

and congrats on your buy
post #26 of 127 Old 01-24-2006, 04:16 PM

Orc your the man, thanks for the info, i just tried Half-Life 2 and i'm freaking out. AMAZING. can you explain to me what the 1:1 pixel mapping is? I have a VGA to DVI connection so i can use a few tips on what to configure. If you ever get the password for the hiden menu let me know. Also id like to get a link with info for how to get the best results. i want to get the mos out of this baby. I've got it for a few days only.

Thanks
post #27 of 127 Old 01-24-2006, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

Slek, pll who have been using TFT monitors on their computers using DVI-DVI know that the picture produced from the graphics card fits perfectly dot-by-dot the monitor's screen. So the image is really digital: perfect geometry, crystal clear with maximum detail. This is a feature hard to find in the TFT LCD TVs though. Only a few models have appeared to have such ability : to be able to map the pixels produced by the graphics card of the PC, 1:1 on the pixels of the panel. All the other panels usually stretch the image to fit the screen or produce an overscan effect cutting the edges of the produced image. To me being able to get 1:1 pixel mapped image on the TV panel was a top priority. The LG 32LX2R does 1:1 pixel mapping and not just that - it can do the same over HDMI (thus the HDMI-PC mode). Ppl have been trying using super expencive cables and experimenting with powerstrip to get a PC to even work through HDMI, and in most cases have failed. The 32LX2R simply allows you to use also the HDMI for PC or for another digital source ( like DVD player or SKY HD ) .When you select either the DVI or HDMI input you have options for DTV or PC modes for those ports. You see the panel changes the colourspace accordingly ( i will not decsribe that now) and so all work perfectly !

My advice to you : use DVI-DVI or DVI-HDMI connection for your PC with the panel.
When you see it, you'll know why.

PS: If I ever get the password to the service menu I'll also buy everyone in the forum a beer...
post #28 of 127 Old 01-24-2006, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
Orc

some usefull links. much info and many users of the 32LX2R and the 26LX2R which is the same only in 26 iches, can be found here:

http://h**p://w*w.avforums.com/forum...t=231563&pp=15

http://h**p://w*w.avforums.com/forum...d.php?t=268129

http://h**p://w*w.avforums.com/forum...d.php?t=282694

http://h**p://w*w.avforums.com/forum...play.php?f=155

and great HD content to enjoy your panel is found here:

h**p://hdclips.net/forums/index.php?showforum=22

cheers

EDIT : I hope I am not breaking the forum's rules now ^^
post #29 of 127 Old 01-25-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:

some usefull links. much info and many users of the 32LX2R and the 26LX2R which is the same only in 26 iches, can be found here:

LINKS...

cheers

Yes ORC thats the link I was talking about I couldn't post the links because of forum rules. Also the first link you put up is the most useful and thanks for the rest of the help ORC you've been great
post #30 of 127 Old 01-26-2006, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter
Orc

I'm glad I could help. I edited the links now , to respect the forum's rules, but it is easy to figure out the sites.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays