Sharp LC-37D6U Lock Up Problems - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 397 Old 01-18-2010, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have the firmware that they can post or send to me for the LC-32D6U

Sharp is no help whatsoever!! Im sick of trying to get information out of them, they keep referring me to repair facilities...i just want the firmware, not to pay someone to come fix their screwup. They can't even tell me where the repair facility gets its firmware. "They just don't know"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 397 Old 02-22-2010, 12:10 PM

In March 2007, I posted here complaining that I was experiencing the same "lock-up" problem with an LC-37D4U . Sharp replaced the circuit board under warranty and the problem was fixed. However, I was sufficiently scared of future problems, and so I purchased a 3-year extended warranty for $305 soon afterwards. Well, guess what, I found out yesterday the audio doesn't work. I don't know how long it's been that way, since I usually run the audio thru my A/V. I tried resetting, no go. I didn't try unplugging/replugging the set, but that's not a satisfactory fix. I guess I might have the "black goop" issue. Either way, I got till May 2010 to get this fixed under warranty. This set cost me over $2,100 now, with the extended warranty. I am not hopeful about its long-term survival prospects after the extended warranty runs out. No way I would pay $305 for another 3 years. Also, no way I would ever buy another Sharp TV.
post #393 of 397 Old 03-04-2010, 10:34 AM

Thanks to all of you! I contacted Sharp and they sent a repairman in two days. My intermittent sound problem was fixedf according the Sharp Bulletin. NO CHARGE!
post #394 of 397 Old 03-22-2010, 02:29 PM

Called Sharp; they sent a repair company who took the TV away for a few days. After they fixed it, TV now works fine. I asked them what the issue was, and they replied that they had to replace the audio card. Out of curiosity, I asked them what the cost would have been without the warranty, and they said $400. I guess they chose not to fix the specific "black goop" issue, if that was the fault at all.

This is the second major fix/board replacement I've had since I purchased the set, so I'm very disappointed in Sharp's quality control/design. And not to mention the dead pixels which they won't address as a defect.

The TV set is classically beautiful, but I don't know if I would have spent $400 to fix a sound issue when a new 40" set would cost around $650. I'm not sure other companies won't have the same QC issues, but I'm very shy about buying from Sharp in the future.
post #395 of 397 Old 12-10-2010, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Well after 4 yrs without issue my Sharp 37D6U started having the audio issues many others have seen. I called Sharp and told them the issue with the set, told them I had a copy of the Service Bullentin LCDTV-196 reguarding the audio issue. Took it Ruckers AV Repair in FTW and they replaced the audio board, which Sharp paid for in full.

I have also developed a few dead pixels that are almost dead center in the screen, looks to be about 3 to 4 of them in a cluster. Kinda sucks but from the viewing range in my bedroom it just looks like a speck of dirt on the screen. I purchased this set back in Jan 05 and the only problem I had with it was the firmware which was fixed with the upgrade as seen in my earlier post.

I am very happy Sharp fixed the sound issue without any cost to me and out of warranty. Thanks SHARP!!

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
Klipsch RB-51 II (Front Preference)
SVS PB-2000
post #396 of 397 Old 12-13-2010, 11:23 PM

I'm glad I found this thread as i was about to go out and buy a new TV because the audio stopped working on my LC-37D6U. I took the unit apart and found the melted heatsink. All total, it took less than an hour to take it apart and put it back together again. I have ordered the new part but in the mean time, I rigged the heatsink to stay off the motherboard and my audio is working fine again.

This is only the second issue I've had with this TV. The first issue was the TV turning on randomly by itself. It was under warranty so a tech came out and updated the firmware.

Thank you!!
post #397 of 397 Old 09-05-2011, 04:58 AM

Old thread - but does anyone still have the firmware available?

Thanks,

Ned
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page