Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 399 Old 03-31-2006, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfix View Post

Hey guys. Well, it turns out there is a lock-up issue. My 37D6U was locking up pretty often and I am returning it to BB. But there is a software fix from Sharp to address that exact issue as listed on there website. (I'm still getting a new one anyway.) So those who experienced the problem were not crazy, after all...

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
Klipsch RB-51 II (Front Preference)
SVS PB-2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 399 Old 03-31-2006, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Waugh View Post

Captin

My local Sharp repair center (Columbus, Ohio) said a fix is near for the TV's coming on by themself. In the interim he gave me a quick fix for my 32D4u and both of my 37D4u sets. He said to unplug the TV and plug it into an inexpensive 2-3 foot extension cord and then plug the extension cord into my surge protector. I did so and for the past two weeks I have eliminated 100% the TV's coming on by themselves. All 3 were doing so about every other day until the extension cord was used. Apparently the extension cord provides resistance to the line so that the ultra-sensitive power supply won't turn on the unit.

For the record my sets are all 60 days old or newer. I use a Terk OTA antenna, Time Warner cable box and a Monster surge protector with the cable and antenna line going through the surge protector.

I have been reading the posts for the past couple of months and was just as frustrated as everyone else. Eventually the correct fix will come from Sharp however the extension cord (as crazy as it sounds) does correct the problem.

Jeff

have you guyes tried the extension cord trick? Jeff hasn't had any problems since.
post #183 of 399 Old 03-31-2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtyme View Post

have you guyes tried the extension cord trick? Jeff hasn't had any problems since.

My 37D6U is pluged into a APC 700 battery backup/surged protector that has a 3 foot power cord, plus the set itself has a 3 foot cord, and as you can read my set still locks up and turns itself on. With a powered battery regulator my set is NOT subjected to power surges or power drops.

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
SVS PB-2000
post #184 of 399 Old 03-31-2006, 10:05 AM

Captin, Bigtyme

Captin- try unplugging the TV from the surge protector and plug it into a cheap extension cord and then plug that into your battery backup/surge protector. Let me know if this makes any changes at all because I want to report it to our repair rep. He is curious if this corrects the powering up on it's own. He said it won't have any affect on the locking up though.

The audio video store I purchase from decided yesterday to disconnect their extension cord from the TV and plug the TV cord straight into the surge protector like we should have to do, which is the way all of mine were initially. 2 hours later the unit came on by itself after 3 weeks of working correctly. They just shook their head and then plugged the extension cord back in. Again, the key according to the Sharp repair center in our area is not to have too much power going to the TV. Less is better due to a sensitive power unit. I have no clue if the power unit is the cause but I do know that all 3 of my Sharp TV's since having a cheap 3 foot extension cord plugged into have not acted up when they all did previously.

I will keep updating the thread whether I do or don't have the powering up problem.

Jeff
post #185 of 399 Old 03-31-2006, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Captin, Bigtyme

Captin- try unplugging the TV from the surge protector and plug it into a cheap extension cord and then plug that into your battery backup/surge protector. Let me know if this makes any changes at all because I want to report it to our repair rep. He is curious if this corrects the powering up on it's own. He said it won't have any affect on the locking up though.

The audio video store I purchase from decided yesterday to disconnect their extension cord from the TV and plug the TV cord straight into the surge protector like we should have to do, which is the way all of mine were initially. 2 hours later the unit came on by itself after 3 weeks of working correctly. They just shook their head and then plugged the extension cord back in. Again, the key according to the Sharp repair center in our area is not to have too much power going to the TV. Less is better due to a sensitive power unit. I have no clue if the power unit is the cause but I do know that all 3 of my Sharp TV's since having a cheap 3 foot extension cord plugged into have not acted up when they all did previously.

I will keep updating the thread whether I do or don't have the powering up problem.

Jeff

I'll give it a shot this weekend thru next weekend. The turning itself on issue has been a Thursday evening deal for some reason, I don't know why? The locking up is ramdom at best, sometimes it will go 2 or 3 weeks between lock ups, and then it will do it 2 or 3 times in a period of 72 hours.

SUCKS!!

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
SVS PB-2000
post #186 of 399 Old 03-31-2006, 01:53 PM
avx

I sell these sets and two of my customers in the same development have sets that are turning on by themselves. Both report sets turning on in the middle of the night. Both cable customers. Component video and stero audio connections only. There's a cell phone tower in the area, could that affect the sets?
post #187 of 399 Old 04-02-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VgRt6 View Post

I'm not unhappy, I'm just unsatisfied. When you pay $3000 for a TV from not only a major manufacturer, but the leading manufacturer, then it should be free of little bugs like this.

My TV has a 90-day defect warranty and 90-day trade-up policy. When the 90 days are nearly up, I'll be exchanging the TV for a new 37D90U, which won't be out for roughly 3 months. I'm going to monitor the quicks throughout that time and post them here as further evidence that something is not right with these sets. I'm past bitching. I'm in data collection mode now.

This morning I was watching Spike on analog cable and a blue box popped up in the middle of the screen saying something like 'selected input not available' or something close to that. I was the only one in the room and the remote was 6 feet away pointing in the wrong direction to activate the set. I'm starting to think my house may be haunted.

Gary

Where did you purchase to get the trade up policy? Thanks.
post #188 of 399 Old 04-05-2006, 08:53 AM

I've been reading this thread for a while and just wanted to post officially.

My first 26d6u died one day after buying it [on line unfortunately] at the first of December. It just wouldn't power on. I took it to the shop, got it back in time to give it to my wife for Christmas and it worked for 2 weeks then died again, same problem wouldn't power up.

I took it back to the shop where it sat for 4 weeks. After many calls to the service center and to Sharp to ask status, they finally authorized to have it replaced with a new TV.

I got the new TV at the beginning of March, it worked for a few weeks and now this new one contracted the lockup, power-on, power-off problem.

I waiting on the firmware patch to be done now. My pattern seems to be with channel 4.1 in the DC area, NBC4. OTA singal for this station is weak and it seems that it is the only station that causes the problem. As long as I leave the TV on any other station when I turn it off it doesn't come back on. If I watch any other station it doesn't lockup.
post #189 of 399 Old 04-06-2006, 09:27 AM

Just received a call from Sharp to schedule the newest firmware upgrade to fix the turn-on and lock up issues. They have me scheduled for the 20th. The new firmware versions are 1.04 and 1.12

Definitely newer than what I have now. They claim that this will resolve the issues. I guess ill wait and see.
post #190 of 399 Old 04-06-2006, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPR View Post

Just received a call from Sharp to schedule the newest firmware upgrade to fix the turn-on and lock up issues. They have me scheduled for the 20th. The new firmware versions are 1.04 and 1.12

Definitely newer than what I have now. They claim that this will resolve the issues. I guess ill wait and see.

It's nice to Sharp has released another NEW firmware upgrade, however unlike last time when I received the firmware update the second day it was out, I will wait and see if this NEWER version REALLY corrects the 2 main issues I have with this D6U model (Turning itself on and Locking up).

Please keep us informed as to IF things are really looking up for Sharp.

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
SVS PB-2000
post #191 of 399 Old 04-06-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptinCrunch View Post

It's nice to Sharp has released another NEW firmware upgrade, however unlike last time when I received the firmware update the second day it was out, I will wait and see if this NEWER version REALLY corrects the 2 main issues I have with this D6U model (Turning itself on and Locking up).

Please keep us informed as to IF things are really looking up for Sharp.

Captin!

Did the extension cord trick help in any way? I still haven't had any issues. Now going on 4 weeks.

Jeff
post #192 of 399 Old 04-06-2006, 10:47 PM

UPDATE:

I officially returned my LC37D4U and do not have a TV. Quick question to all you SHARP owners out there...

Anybody with the 2006 SHARP AQUOS line (40U, 50U, soon to be released 90U) suffering from the lock up or automatic turn on problems?

I loved my old SHARP set and am thinking about holding out and getting the LC37D90U but am a little cautious now that I have had a bad experience with SHARP. Do these new sets seem to not have these issues that plagued last years sets?
post #193 of 399 Old 04-07-2006, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotter View Post

UPDATE:

I officially returned my LC37D4U and do not have a TV. Quick question to all you SHARP owners out there...

Anybody with the 2006 SHARP AQUOS line (40U, 50U, soon to be released 90U) suffering from the lock up or automatic turn on problems?

I loved my old SHARP set and am thinking about holding out and getting the LC37D90U but am a little cautious now that I have had a bad experience with SHARP. Do these new sets seem to not have these issues that plagued last years sets?

Good call on returning your obviously bad set. But, I would not rule Sharp out just because of some isolated issues with a few of them. Even the mighty Toyota Motor Company will have some cars that are bad right out of the box and just like here, there will be a thread on a forum that has all of the owners of these bad cars posting together. This makes it appear as if every car on the planet has the problem when it just isn't true. Of course, do as you wish but Sharp LCD's are freegin awesome TV's and are leading the way in LCD technology. I bet I can find a thread for every make and model TV that has several people having various "troubles". Things happen.... to Sharp and every other company.

This power problem still has me confused. Many claim that the input does not matter but then some claim that it only happens on Channel 'x' or with HDMI and channel 'z'. Others use a surge protector or extension cord and the problem goes away. Again, not doubting those that have trouble.... but it seems like 50% of the reported issues are potentially something else like the cable, power to the house, etc, etc. Of course Sharp needs to address this and there probably is a problem but it affects a small number of the population of sets, not all of them!

I understand that those who have had trouble are upset, I would be too. But, avoiding the brand because of a few unlucky owners does not warrant gettting a lesser brand or inferior technology.

Check out the new Sharp LCD's and shop with confidence....
post #194 of 399 Old 04-07-2006, 06:38 AM

Quote:

Captin!

Did the extension cord trick help in any way? I still haven't had any issues. Now going on 4 weeks.

Jeff

Jeff, i was doing good when i switched my extension cord and surge protector, but i got hit two days in a row. Wed night, the Tv cut off while watching the end of 'Deal or No Deal'. This was the first time it's cut off since getting my 'board' replaced. then i came home from work to find that my tv was on, so i'm back to where i started . oh well, sharp usually calls me ever other monday for a check up, so i expect to hear from them next week and i'll address these issues with them.
post #195 of 399 Old 04-07-2006, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post

But, I would not rule Sharp out just because of some isolated issues with a few of them. Even the mighty Toyota Motor Company will have some cars that are bad right out of the box and just like here, there will be a thread on a forum that has all of the owners of these bad cars posting together. This makes it appear as if every car on the planet has the problem when it just isn't true. Check out the new Sharp LCD's and shop with confidence....

I'm very happy I didn't get a Sharp LC37D6U which I was going to do.

Imagine that your Toyota starts itself in the middle of the night and fills your house with carbon monoxide. You'd be on the other side of this fence pretty quickly I think.

Sharp definitely has a problem with these units turning on and off without being commanded to do it, and they definitely haven't created a fix that works yet.

Where is your evidence that the new Sharp LCDs don't have this problem and I should shop with confidence?
post #196 of 399 Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post

Good call on returning your obviously bad set. But, I would not rule Sharp out just because of some isolated issues with a few of them. Even the mighty Toyota Motor Company will have some cars that are bad right out of the box and just like here, there will be a thread on a forum that has all of the owners of these bad cars posting together. This makes it appear as if every car on the planet has the problem when it just isn't true. Of course, do as you wish but Sharp LCD's are freegin awesome TV's and are leading the way in LCD technology. I bet I can find a thread for every make and model TV that has several people having various "troubles". Things happen.... to Sharp and every other company.

This power problem still has me confused. Many claim that the input does not matter but then some claim that it only happens on Channel 'x' or with HDMI and channel 'z'. Others use a surge protector or extension cord and the problem goes away. Again, not doubting those that have trouble.... but it seems like 50% of the reported issues are potentially something else like the cable, power to the house, etc, etc. Of course Sharp needs to address this and there probably is a problem but it affects a small number of the population of sets, not all of them!

I understand that those who have had trouble are upset, I would be too. But, avoiding the brand because of a few unlucky owners does not warrant gettting a lesser brand or inferior technology.

Check out the new Sharp LCD's and shop with confidence....

s2mikey,

I'm glad you are happy with your Sharp and that you don't have the problems with your set that many of us do, but please don't down play the issues with these set's. If you read back a few pages you will find that this isn't the only issues Sharp have had with their set's. 5000 Sharp LCD's left the factory with a bad power board ("A capacitor was miss-marked from the factory. The stamp on the component said 100uf and it was actually 10uf. Caused all kinds of power issues. They come in 5,000 unit rolls for the auto insertion machines.") as stated buy Mike53 (Sharp Guy).

The current problems with the D4\\6U models mostly effect the 26" and the 37" set's, now that's not to say that the 32" set is problem free, but the 32" has not been effected like the other 2 sizes, and I believe you have a 32" set don't you?

I visit several A\\V forums that are pretty well known and have seen many, many post regarding the problems with several of the 2005 Sharp models and not just with the D4\\6U. I like my 37D6U, I like the look of it, I like the HD picture I get with it, and I like the way DVD's look on it, but I don't like the problems with it that I should not have with a $3000 set no matter who makes it.

I just lately got Analog cable hooked up, mainly for the CRT's in the bedrooms but I do have it connected to the 37D6U, and it has locked up and turned itself on in the last week while being on cable. I also tried the extension cord thing and still had the problems. Even those who had digital PBC boards replaced, firmware upgrades, and exchanging out their set's for a NEW one still continued to have the same problems. I'm on my 2nd set with the same issues as the first (even after getting the last firmware upgrade 02/28/06), and I exchanged mine out after 30 days, and how about the others out there who did the same thing and are on their 2nd or even 3rd set with the same issues. That's not a few bad sets out there, that's several thousand bad set's out there, and I just don't mean in the customers hands but also in the warehouses ready to go out to the stores.

The truth is Sharp just got sloppy trying to get NEW models out to compete with Sony's offerings for Fall 05' and now they are scrambling to fix the problems with them, why else would they put out 2 firmware upgrade/fix releases with in a month and a hafe. Hopefully the D40/50/90U's will be handled with better quality control.

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
SVS PB-2000
post #197 of 399 Old 04-07-2006, 10:01 AM

My brother's set has the turn-on problem. I feel rotten because I recommended the set.

Knowing the complexities of anything Hi-Tec and the inability for anyone to understand what's wrong when something is no working correctly, I tend to be pessimistic about the probability of fixing things today.

Couple that with the bottom-line mentality of American business, one cannot help but fear that Sharp will make a Value Judgement to forget about these problems and just move on to the 2007 models.

I hope am wrong to think this way but I will not recommend a Sharp product again until this issue is resolved.

--- CHAS

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
post #198 of 399 Old 04-07-2006, 05:25 PM

I am new to the forum but I have been following it for about a month. I have a 32D6u and my tv freezes, turns it self on as well as turning itself off. I have been in almost daily contact with Sharp for the past 2 weeks with regards to this issue. The TV was picked up last Saturday and supposedly the new firmware was installed yesterday. The service center has advised me that the TV has been on for almost 24 hours with no issues. Assuming this is true this would be a huge improvement and the TV would turn itself off constantly. I will let everyone know how it actually works after I get it back tomorrow.

Another issue that I have which Sharp refuses to deal with is the way the TV receives digital non hi-def signals. I get Hi Def through an over the air antenna and when the signal is not true Hi Def the picture is broadcast in a 4:3 format. When I push the AV button on the remote, the only thing that shows up is that the picture is already in stretch mode and I cannot change it to any other mode. In fact, the other modes do not even show up. This does not happen with an analog signal and when I recevie a true Hi Def signal I receive it in a 16:9 format but I can make no other changes such as zoom, etc. Sharp claims that this is normal notwithstanding what page 35 of the owners manual states. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how have you dealt with it?
post #199 of 399 Old 04-07-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtyme View Post

Jeff, i was doing good when i switched my extension cord and surge protector, but i got hit two days in a row. Wed night, the Tv cut off while watching the end of 'Deal or No Deal'. This was the first time it's cut off since getting my 'board' replaced. then i came home from work to find that my tv was on, so i'm back to where i started . oh well, sharp usually calls me ever other monday for a check up, so i expect to hear from them next week and i'll address these issues with them.

That stinks Bigtyme!

Jeff
post #200 of 399 Old 04-09-2006, 08:33 PM

I had the SHARP LC37D4U but suffered from random power ups and lock ups, like a lot of you. So I am very interested in the new lineup. I loved my Sharp but could not afford to keep a defective product. From what I hear no mention of these problem has arisen with the released D40U's, thats a relief.

I played with the LC 45D40U and was extremely pleased with that set once properly calibrated. The prices have come down a lot from last year and now the choice is to hold out for the LC 37D90U or get the LC45D40U.

I have heard rumors that 1080P sets make SDTV look awful, I was very satisifed with SD on my lC37D4U will there be a noticable deterioration on the 1080P set using OTA on non-HD material? So when I say SD I mean still digital but non HD from OTA ATSC tuner. It comes down to whether to get 1080P for future proofing reasons or the benefits of 45". Also the 4 wavelength backlight seems like a big bonus (samungs new 92D series has similiar tech and seems to give noticable improvement), also this pixel splitting for side viewing will be amazing if it actually works as well as the pix show -- both of which benefits I believe are only on the 90U. Anybody care to comment on which they would choose and why?

This is my setup:
Viewing distance: 10-11ft.
Audio: Stereo (great quality setup (150w w/polks-- but will move to surround soon.)
Inputs: Component DVD (for now), PS2 (component), Xbox 360(component), HTPC (DVI) -- but planning on getting PS3 (HDMI) and Blu-Ray player (HDMI).

So there you have it, please give me suggestions with which TV (LC 37D90U or LC 45D40U) you believe would be better for my setup. Please keep in mind my setup including using the TV as a PC monitor.
post #201 of 399 Old 04-11-2006, 06:33 AM

Ruckers Radio & Video came out yesterday and did the NEW firmware upgrade to 1.12 and 1.04, I hope this will fix the problems with these models. I'll keep everyone informed on status of the new firmware fix.

I was at my local Fry's Electronics this past weekend to take a look at the new D40U models. I looked at the 32" and 37" and I must say (personally) that the D40 models are rather cheap looking. The 37D40U didn't have as many connections on the back as my 37D6U, I felt around the case to get a good since of the construction of it, but the case felt like cheap plastic, I could squeeze in on the gloss black trim around the panel and it would move and creek. As far as the picture or image on the D40U I could not see much of a difference compared to the 37D6U or the 37D5U which was on the same isle just on the other side. I know Fry's had crappy feed going but I really feel that the 37D6U had a better image than the other two (same settings as close as I could get). The menu on the D40U had less options for adjusting the picture than my D6U which was really disappointing.

The D40U is really just a entry level 2006 model, I think the D90U will be equal to that of the D6U of 05' as far as the quality look, and feel, as well as menu features.

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
SVS PB-2000
post #202 of 399 Old 04-11-2006, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptinCrunch View Post

As far as the picture or image on the D40U I could not see much of a difference compared to the 37D6U or the 37D5U which was on the same isle just on the other side. I know Fry's had crappy feed going but I really feel that the 37D6U had a better image than the other two (same settings as close as I could get). The menu on the D40U had less options for adjusting the picture than my D6U which was really disappointing.

I believe you mean the 37db5u? The lc37d5u was the previous generation (spring 2005) and the d4u replaced it. I own the d5u and its works flawlessly. From observations and a fan of my Sharp its dissapointing too see where these tv's are headed IMO. The d5u had a 5k+ msrp and the replacement d4u was around 2.8k msrp. So from a retail point of view something had to give. They took out alot of features from spring of 2005 to the d4u. But we have to realize to bring down prices what keeps everybody happy, something had to give. IMO

These are just my opinions.
post #203 of 399 Old 04-11-2006, 11:31 AM

Well, I got my 32D6U back last Saturday after the firmware upgrade and I am happy to report, no freeze ups or unplanned turn ons or turn offs. The service center also did a color adjustment so the picture looks great. Unfortunately, I still have the side bar issue when I receive a non high def. show digital signal. No way to change it from a 4:3 picture. As I previously stated, I get hi def OTA. If anyone has a solution to the side bar isse please let me know. Sharp claims it is normal and that is the way it is being broadcast and nothing they can do about it. FYI, my 3 year old hi def Mitsubishi, also with OTA hi def does allow for a change in the picture format to get rid of the sidebars.
post #204 of 399 Old 04-11-2006, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maug1 View Post

Well, I got my 32D6U back last Saturday after the firmware upgrade and I am happy to report, no freeze ups or unplanned turn ons or turn offs. The service center also did a color adjustment so the picture looks great. Unfortunately, I still have the side bar issue when I receive a non high def. show digital signal. No way to change it from a 4:3 picture. As I previously stated, I get hi def OTA. If anyone has a solution to the side bar isse please let me know. Sharp claims it is normal and that is the way it is being broadcast and nothing they can do about it. FYI, my 3 year old hi def Mitsubishi, also with OTA hi def does allow for a change in the picture format to get rid of the sidebars.

The black side bars of a 1080i broadcast are part of the picture, there for you can not adjust the image to get rid of them. The only LCD brand I know that will allow you to adjust a HD image by streaching it or vooming it is LG.

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
SVS PB-2000
post #205 of 399 Old 04-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maug1 View Post

Do you mean a 4:3 picture on a HD channel (which is a HD signal) or 4:3 picture on a SD channel? If you mean a 4:3 picture on a HD channel, that is very common with a lot of HD TVs including my Sony 34" CRT. However, my Sharp 45" LCD allows me to stretch the 4:3 picture on a HD channel to full screen. Who said Sharp made all their TVs the same.
post #206 of 399 Old 04-11-2006, 01:11 PM

I mean a 4:3 picture on a HD Channel that is not broadcasting the program in true HD. In SD mode I can stretch the picture. Sharp did tell me that notwithstanding the owners manual, which says you can stretch, the current generation will only stretch in 45" or larger.
post #207 of 399 Old 04-13-2006, 12:36 PM

UPDATE:

So far I've had no problems with my 37D6U since the instalation of firmware 1.12, & 1.04.

I received a call from Ruckers today asking if I'm still having any of the problems with my set, Mike Rucker said they had stayed in touch with Marvins Electronics, and so far Marvins has had NO call backs since installing the firmware on their customers Sharp D4/6U sets from a week ago.

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
SVS PB-2000
post #208 of 399 Old 04-14-2006, 11:20 PM

Please keep us updated on the status. Mine is in the shop right now, but because I'm in Canada (and it's the Canadian version of the D6U) the firmware may not be released here yet. The tech certainly had heard about it.
post #209 of 399 Old 04-18-2006, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Captin,
Soooo, you thought the D40 was cheap looking huh, when will the D90s be out? I think Sharp had originally said May or June. I hope the firmware patch fixes the units, but you never know. There is a thread for the D40s and they are reporting problems already. Last Sunday was the worst day yet for lockups, probably 6 or 7 times in 2hours. It also turned itself on two or three times over the weekend.
post #210 of 399 Old 04-18-2006, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
my 37gd6u locked up 3 times in the past 2 weeks. i will have to live with it until the sony x series come out
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page