Ok guys it took just under an hour for me to swap boards. I took a few pics, but it was soo easy that I'm not going to post it. Here is what I did in an hour:
- Remove TV from wall
- Prep work area
- Place TV on work area
- Crack open a Heineken
- Remove VESA bracket
- Remove the screws from back panel
- Pull back panel off
- Remove the fan connector and adjacent connector on the top side of the board
- Remove the screws holding the metal board cover
- Remove the metal cover
- Remove remaining connectors (be careful here guys, don't pull from the wires!)
- Remove the 6 screws that secure the mainboard
- Wiggle out the board
- Open up another Heineken
- Repeat in reverse
- Turn tv on, and set "Home" mode... Continue to set the time/date, etc...
And Voila! GREAT SUCCCCESSSS
If any of you guys out there have a fried TV, and you're past the warranty period, then give me an email @ email@example.com
and I'll give you a hand sourcing your board, and giving installation tips!
Thanks to the guys from this forum who provided me with so much help, especially the service manual. Thanks guys!