Panasonic TC-32LX60/600 HD LCDs - Page 24 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #691 of 708 Old 04-25-2007, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
According to page 7 of the operating manual the sensor is located a few inches to the right of the power indicator light, just about even with the left edge of the base.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 708 Old 04-25-2007, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
QZ1
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAG View Post

According to page 7 of the operating manual the sensor is located a few inches to the right of the power indicator light, just about even with the left edge of the base.

That's what I thought, but when I covered the IR eye with masking tape, or a book, or my hand, the IR beam got through, which is bafflling, more so because the remote puts out such a narrow beam to begin with.
Do you trust the manual?
I would like to test it out; if anyone could tell me what to block it with to see that it is indeed there would be great.
Thanks.
post #693 of 708 Old 05-13-2007, 07:47 PM

I bought an 32lx60 back in November of 2006 and have been quite pleased with it until the past couple of months when I noticed occasional bouts of horizontal static-y dotted white lines flickering on the screen, sometimes in large bands. It appeared to happen randomly. BUT when I got a Wii last week, I noticed that it is 100% guaranteed to occur within about a minute of turning on the Wii. This makes me wonder if it's some sort of RF interference, but if I unplug all of my electronics in the living room (cable box, Wii, TiVo, audio receiver, etc.) and remove all A/V cables from the TV, the interference still occurs. Does anyone know if this is a known issue or have any suggestions for resolving this?
post #694 of 708 Old 05-14-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjckc View Post

I bought an 32lx60 back in November of 2006 and have been quite pleased with it until the past couple of months when I noticed occasional bouts of horizontal static-y dotted white lines flickering on the screen, sometimes in large bands. It appeared to happen randomly. BUT when I got a Wii last week, I noticed that it is 100% guaranteed to occur within about a minute of turning on the Wii. This makes me wonder if it's some sort of RF interference, but if I unplug all of my electronics in the living room (cable box, Wii, TiVo, audio receiver, etc.) and remove all A/V cables from the TV, the interference still occurs. Does anyone know if this is a known issue or have any suggestions for resolving this?

It sounds like you need to use ferrite core cables.
post #695 of 708 Old 05-14-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian E View Post

It sounds like you need to use ferrite core cables.

I was thinking that some cables with better shielding might be necessary, but the fact that the interference is present even without any cables present leads me to believe that this might be something more...
post #696 of 708 Old 05-19-2007, 05:28 AM

How do I access the number of hours viewed? I purchased an open box set this week and want to verify what the salesman told me.

ww

Quote:
Originally Posted by QZ1 View Post

At the store, I scrutinized the seals of the box, there was just one seal on each side, with virtually no tearing underneath, so I don't see how it could be anything other than the factory seal.
Serial no. matches box, Batteries and Instructions were sealed, Power Cord was wrapped perfectly, the Remote and TV look pristine.
I am baffled.

Re: Service Menu- 'Hours' and 'Count' Page

My Hours are about accurate, (it only shows full hours), but the Count of Power Cycles isn't.

I assume Panasonic tests these TVs before packaging them.
But, I wonder how many times they power cycle?

And, if they did it would only be for a minute at a time, it appears.
It could only be explained as a stress test, I guess?
Or could it be an error in the service menu?

If you checked your Panasonic LCD the day of, or soon after, purchase in the Service Menu-

How many times extra was your TV powered on before you got it, if any?

(It can't be returned for replacement, because they are discontinued, but I could give it to a relative, that wants this TV, regardless. However, I just got it and don't feel like upgrading yet)

post #697 of 708 Old 05-21-2007, 08:44 PM

Anyone?
post #698 of 708 Old 05-25-2007, 03:11 AM

Bump
post #699 of 708 Old 06-04-2007, 05:52 PM

Unplug the TV for a couple after you have any problems to reset it, if you dont it will still have the problems.

I have had the Wii with $19 cmponent cables from ebay and never had issues until recently all of my upperSD channels and VCR input would show gray lines but would have audio, I only use the HD tuner. I reset the TV and they came back, but when I reset the TV the AI was reenabled and made the TV shutoff after a min and wouldnt come back without unplugging it. So I turned off all AI settings, now it is phine, weird stuff here???
post #700 of 708 Old 07-10-2007, 04:31 PM

Can anyone comment on the noise (snow) on this tv in SD and HD? I bought the TC-32LX70 and I'm very impressed, but I notice some fairly common noise in both HD (whites) and SD (skin tones).
post #701 of 708 Old 07-12-2007, 02:10 AM

Yeah it works. Is this years 32lX70 that much better than last years 32lX60?
post #702 of 708 Old 08-07-2007, 07:04 AM

The sound on my panny has decided to quit. I run an HDMI to my Brighthouse DVR. The sound blurts ever 5-10 seconds. Nothing continous just a second of noise. I purchased the HDMI cable from Blue Jean cable. Any suggestions? I purchased back in November.
post #703 of 708 Old 10-14-2007, 04:15 PM

I have the 32LX60 and get my television signal through basic cable. I do get some HD channels with the QAM tuner. I've noticed, especially for sporting events that the HD channels that are in 1080i produce a lot of artifacts/poor picture quality on fast movement. The HD channels that are in 720p on the other hand look amazing, fast movement or not.

Is there any way to force 720p mode for all HD signals?
post #704 of 708 Old 12-05-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefusion View Post

I have the 32LX60 and get my television signal through basic cable. I do get some HD channels with the QAM tuner. I've noticed, especially for sporting events that the HD channels that are in 1080i produce a lot of artifacts/poor picture quality on fast movement. The HD channels that are in 720p on the other hand look amazing, fast movement or not.

Is there any way to force 720p mode for all HD signals?

I am wondering the same thing. Bumpage...
post #705 of 708 Old 12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

For the past two weeks, occasionally while viewing the TC-32, the power will cut off completely. The front panel power LED continues to flash 6 times sequentially. I can restore operation by unplugging the HDTV from AC for a few seconds. Today the power cut off 3 times with 10 minute intervals.

I don't have a service manual and I am hoping that someone who subscribes to this forum can inform me what the sequential 6 flashes of the power LED indicates.

Thanks

John
post #706 of 708 Old 12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastoff View Post

For the past two weeks, occasionally while viewing the TC-32, the power will cut off completely. The front panel power LED continues to flash 6 times sequentially. I can restore operation by unplugging the HDTV from AC for a few seconds. Today the power cut off 3 times with 10 minute intervals.

I don't have a service manual and I am hoping that someone who subscribes to this forum can inform me what the sequential 6 flashes of the power LED indicates.

Thanks

Try looking here:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...iceCenter=true

or register here:

http://www.pasctraining.panasonic.co...l?default=true

Also, plug in an LED clock (without battery backup) into the same plug as your TV .... If the clock does not lose it's set time, then you've ruled out the wall plug and house wiring as the cause.
post #707 of 708 Old 12-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

George-O

Thanks for the links. I'll try and get the answer from Panasonic.

The HDTV is still under warranty, I got it through Costco. I called the service center locally for Panasonic, they wouldn't answer the question and said it needed carried in for estimate cost for repair.

I had to contact Costco concierge where they verified warranty. They then had me describe the symptoms, and essentially had me take the AC plug, remove it from the surge protector and place it directly into an outlet. They couldn't tell me what the sequential 6 flashes of power LED means (I'm suspecting power interruption).

After plugging the HDTV directly into the wall outlet, I left if on for six hours. There were no problems.

John
post #708 of 708 Old 12-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastoff View Post

George-O

Thanks for the links. I'll try and get the answer from Panasonic.

The HDTV is still under warranty, I got it through Costco. I called the service center locally for Panasonic, they wouldn't answer the question and said it needed carried in for estimate cost for repair.

I had to contact Costco concierge where they verified warranty. They then had me describe the symptoms, and essentially had me take the AC plug, remove it from the surge protector and place it directly into an outlet. They couldn't tell me what the sequential 6 flashes of power LED means (I'm suspecting power interruption).

After plugging the HDTV directly into the wall outlet, I left if on for six hours. There were no problems.

I have heard that the DVR units that we get from the cable company do not do well on surge protectors and my cable company recommends they be plugged directly into the wall outlet .... since it is a rented box, I don't mind.

However for my Costco purchased TC-32LE60 (about 14 months ago), I have it plugged into one of the surge protected outlets of a quality computer based Uninteruptible Power Supply (using surge protection only, with no battery UPS). Never had any problems.

My neighbor had an LCD TV and was using it on one of those inexpensive strip outlets with buit-in surge protection (about $10) and had lots of trouble. He invested $50 on a better surge protector and all his troubles went away.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page