OFFICIAL SAMSUNG LN-S26",32",40",46" thread(QUESTIONS,Calibration, ETC.) - Page 111 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3301 of 3302 Old 12-22-2009, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My in-laws bought this model a while back but until recently had apparently never used the HDMI inputs.

Well, now they've made some upgrades, and between the Blu-ray player (Sony BDP-S350) and the TiVoHD they just got, they have to use one of the two HDMI inputs. Problem is, the TV doesn't seem to want to let them. Connecting the Blu-ray player only yields a blank green screen; connecting the TiVo yields an "HDMI not allowed" error message. Component connections work fine, but the TV only has one set of component jacks.

I've tried turning the TV on before and after each of these devices, I've used different HDMI cables and none of that has made any difference. I don't see any sort of factory-reset option in the menu screen; that lists the firmware version as "TBORDNUS0-1026, May 27, 2006 14:44:02," but the Samsung support site doesn't cite any firmware updates.

So... what are the options here? My wife's dad thinks he's got a component input-switcher somewhere upstairs; should he stick with that, or is there some secret way to request a firmware update that I should know about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3302 Old 12-30-2009, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys.

I had a LN4051D and had problems with it not turning on right away (having to try multiple times) and when it did come on, sometimes not getting sound.

It got worse over a week, and would eventually just reset over and over (you'd hear the sound of a relay clicking in) until ten minutes later it would finally come up.

The TV was out of warranty, and Samsung wanted $300 just to come and look at it.

A little searching on the net, and I found this:
http://www.fixya.com/support/t104842..._power_problem

The problem is four bad 100 microf caps on the power supply board.

Just open the tv (take off the back covere with 21 screws, and the power board with 6 screws), replace it with 4 new caps from Radio Shack, and with some soldering, you're all set in 20 minutes! Cost me under $8 to fix it!

If you have this problem, call into Samsung and complain that they built a tv with bad caps, and they won't fix it for free!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page