Spring 2006 Sharp Aquos D40/D41/D50/D90 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 2392 Old 04-09-2006, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't see a thread regarding "LX60" on the first three pages of this forum section. Is there an official thread for this new Panny line you are talking about? I'm interested to read more about them (specs, inputs, etc).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2392 Old 04-09-2006, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I've found very little on this site, perhaps a brief thread was started back when the original press release came out. For specs check out Panasonic's website. Its a little strange that the specs for this model don't seem all that different from the prior model (LX50). A tuner for picking up HD broadcasts is now inclued, something that I find absolutely necessary, but what else is added I'm not sure.

The one thing that makes me really curious about these sets is that whenever I have visited CC or BB and compared models I have always felt that Panasonic was the best in handling dark scenes. They just seemed a little less washed out, as though the panel's back lighting (the ever present LCD "glow") wasn't as invasive.

I'm extremely critical when it comes to these televisions. If I can't find what I want, I could just as easily do without. I've now owned two Samsungs (the 8W and 9D, both returned), and the Sharp D40U (returned due to annoying red push in flesh tones). They just cost too damn much for me not to be fully satisfied. As it stands I'll be looking out for the Panasonic LX600, the Sharp D50U, and possibly the Sony S2000. Part of me feels as though the only one I would ever be satisfied with is the XBR but I can't justify the $2500 price tag. Especially now that televisions have become they way computers are. Buy something now and in two or three years the technology has become obsolete! Hard to feel too comfortable with that, considering its going to take me two to three years to pay it off!
post #93 of 2392 Old 04-09-2006, 11:15 AM

why dont u consider a panasonic plasma, like 50PX60? much better PQ.
post #94 of 2392 Old 04-09-2006, 11:47 AM

I would but I won't go any larger than 32", so i'm pretty much stuck with an LCD. I live in a small apartment.
post #95 of 2392 Old 04-09-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacoub View Post

I don't see a thread regarding "LX60" on the first three pages of this forum section. Is there an official thread for this new Panny line you are talking about? I'm interested to read more about them (specs, inputs, etc).

This is a thread that has some info on the new Panasonic line:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=657286

The 600 adds a 2nd HDMI, sub-pixel control and a black case. They don't have full specs in the Panasonic site yet, but the 14 ms response time catches my eye. There is a lot of fudge factor in that spec, but most of the other new sets advertise a response time of at least 8 ms.
post #96 of 2392 Old 04-09-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dode50 View Post

The 600 adds a 2nd HDMI, sub-pixel control and a black case. They don't have full specs in the Panasonic site yet, but the 14 ms response time catches my eye. There is a lot of fudge factor in that spec, but most of the other new sets advertise a response time of at least 8 ms.

Its hard to believe they wouldn't upgrade the response time in the newer line, especially considering the LX50's came out last spring I think. I don't know if its anything to be concerned with though. I gave up putting much faith in specs some time ago.
post #97 of 2392 Old 04-09-2006, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
strange...
my previous post might have been deleted??

well anyways on CC website they have the new 37" as people stated, but they also have a completely new Sharp TV as well

-Sharp 37" LCD HDTV LC-37SH20U

same specs as the D40U with a whitish color instead of black.

I don't understand if this is new or what as Sharp did not include it in it's list of new TVs coming out this year.
thing is it lists everything almost the exact same as the d40U but does not have the Aquos brand with it? anyone know if this was a last minute thing with Sharp?
post #98 of 2392 Old 04-09-2006, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfer View Post

-Sharp 37" LCD HDTV LC-37SH20U

same specs as the D40U with a whitish color instead of black.

It doesn't have the same specs as the D40U (see 800:1 contrast ratio). Mike53 mentioned this some time ago. It is a budget line and basically a repackaging of older Aquos technology.
post #99 of 2392 Old 04-09-2006, 08:02 PM

I had the SHARP LC37D4U but suffered from random power ups and lock ups, like a lot of you. So I am very interested in the new lineup. I loved my Sharp but could not afford to keep a defective product. From what I hear no mention of these problem has arisen with the released D40U's, thats a relief.

The 32D40U looks absolutely like trash compared to the new samsungs and sonys b/c the stripped PQ controls -- but from what I hear the 37" and up have the PQ control intact. I played with the LC 45D40U and was extremely pleased with that set once properly calibrated. The prices have come down a lot from last year and now the choice is to hold out for the LC 37D90U or get the LC45D40U.

I have heard rumors that 1080P sets make SDTV look awful, I was very satisifed with SD on my lC37D4U will there be a noticable deterioration on the 1080P set using OTA on non-HD material? So when I say SD I mean still digital but non HD from OTA ATSC tuner. It comes down to whether to get 1080P for future proofing reasons or the benefits of 45". Also the 4 wavelength backlight seems like a big bonus (samungs new 92D series has similiar tech and seems to give noticable improvement), also this pixel splitting for side viewing will be amazing if it actually works as well as the pix show -- both of which benefits I believe are only on the 90U. Anybody care to comment on which they would choose and why?

This is my setup:
Viewing distance: 10-11ft.
Audio: Stereo (great quality setup (150w w/polks-- but will move to surround soon.)
Inputs: Component DVD (for now), PS2 (component), Xbox 360(component), HTPC (DVI) -- but planning on getting PS3 (HDMI) and Blu-Ray player (HDMI).

So there you have it, please give me suggestions with which TV (LC 37D90U or LC 45D40U) you believe would be better for my setup. Please keep in mind my setup including using the TV as a PC monitor.
post #100 of 2392 Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotter View Post

also this pixel splitting for side viewing will be amazing if it actually works as well as the pix show -- both of which benefits I believe are only on the 90U.

The D40U also have multi-pixel according to the brochures.

ron
post #101 of 2392 Old 04-10-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotter View Post

I had the SHARP LC37D4U but suffered from random power ups and lock ups, like a lot of you. So I am very interested in the new lineup. I loved my Sharp but could not afford to keep a defective product. From what I hear no mention of these problem has arisen with the released D40U's, thats a relief.

The 32D40U looks absolutely like trash compared to the new samsungs and sonys b/c the stripped PQ controls -- but from what I hear the 37" and up have the PQ control intact. I played with the LC 45D40U and was extremely pleased with that set once properly calibrated. The prices have come down a lot from last year and now the choice is to hold out for the LC 37D90U or get the LC45D40U.

I have heard rumors that 1080P sets make SDTV look awful, I was very satisifed with SD on my lC37D4U will there be a noticable deterioration on the 1080P set using OTA on non-HD material? So when I say SD I mean still digital but non HD from OTA ATSC tuner. It comes down to whether to get 1080P for future proofing reasons or the benefits of 45". Also the 4 wavelength backlight seems like a big bonus (samungs new 92D series has similiar tech and seems to give noticable improvement), also this pixel splitting for side viewing will be amazing if it actually works as well as the pix show -- both of which benefits I believe are only on the 90U. Anybody care to comment on which they would choose and why?

This is my setup:
Viewing distance: 10-11ft.
Audio: Stereo (great quality setup (150w w/polks-- but will move to surround soon.)
Inputs: Component DVD (for now), PS2 (component), Xbox 360(component), HTPC (DVI) -- but planning on getting PS3 (HDMI) and Blu-Ray player (HDMI).

So there you have it, please give me suggestions with which TV (LC 37D90U or LC 45D40U) you believe would be better for my setup. Please keep in mind my setup including using the TV as a PC monitor.

You probably won't notice 1080p at 11 ft with the 37D90U. It is your best choice, however, because it gives you a DVI input for your HTPC. It also has a 4-wavelength backlight that should improve color. I would otherwise tell you to get the 45D40U because it is larger and SD image quality is very good IMO.
post #102 of 2392 Old 04-11-2006, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

FINALLY!

For anyone in the DC metro area, Myer Emco is first out of the gate with the LC-37D40U. They have them in stock at several stores.

Now where are my car keys...
post #103 of 2392 Old 04-11-2006, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post

FINALLY!

For anyone in the DC metro area, Myer Emco is first out of the gate with the LC-37D40U. They have them in stock at several stores.

Now where are my car keys...

Its about time. however i wont be able to make it out there till friday. let us know your opinion when you get a look at it.
post #104 of 2392 Old 04-11-2006, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I sat inside circuit city for about 1/2 hour Sunday, comparing the Samsung ?LN-R469? side by side with a Sharp LC45D40U and the older 1080p 6U series.

All had terrible red push. All skin tones looked like they got sun burnt really bad. I went in and adjusted the colors on all three. For the sharp I used these settings:

Brightness +10
Contrast +10
Color+5 for more saturation
Hue +5 towards the green
color temp: Very Warm (towards blue)

This nicely corrected theh skin tones on the D40U. Greens were also better saturated. Unfortunately the colors lacked the "pop" of the Samsung. They lacked saturation for some reason. I couldn't figure it out. I really liked the samsum's saturation and bright vivid colors. Mike can you help me out here? What setting do you suggest? I hated turning up the brightness as this raised the black level and I was already starting to see it compared to other sets.

I went over to the 6U and had similar settings set. Except I made the red -5 and magenta -3. (I will sorely miss these color controls on the newer models)

On the plus side, the graduations and tones in shadows were actually considerably greater on the newer Sharp models. Shadows on faces during interviews were considerably more detailed and smoother on the Sharp. It therefore appeared more natural in that respect. On the Samsung there was a little bit of clay face like the range or gamma was slightly crushed. (Akin to solarizing a picture)

There was also considerable less noise than the Samsung which is a huge plus in my book. The noise of the Samsung/Sony glass was horrible and turned me off from getting one a few months back.

Viewing angle was nothing short of excellent. I could easily move from side to side at extreme angles and still make out the picture with no major loss in color or saturation. Moving up and down did little to alter the picture either.

There were absolutely NO motion artifacts.

Compared to the 6U, the 40U seemed a little less sharp (no pun intended) But no surprise there as the 6U is a 1080p display. Happily pixel structure was not visible and there were no defective pixels visible. (I only had a short time to look for this however)

I'm going to go back and see if they will allow me to test a standard def DVD. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Speaker design is rather an art. There is no such thing as the perfect painting. Likewise there is no such thing as a perfect speaker. It's part science and part personal preference.
post #105 of 2392 Old 04-11-2006, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

well I finally bought the 37D40U & yeah I'm KINDA disappointed

for one thing can someone answer this:

1) does this TV have HDTV right out of the box??
I hooked up a antenna & there ain't JACK in HDTV signals or quality, even HD news shows don't show up in true widescreen (my area has over 24 HDTV stations locally & the news is a HD channel, I check)

wtf how do you access HDTV?
the description for the D40U DO say "HDTV tuner" included

well on to my review:

-There are NO dot crawl or noise on screen which is very good, not quite as crystal clear as the Samsung models, but very Very close imho.

-this TV has a "black level expansion" option
when turned on will give you much more detailed & crisper images but will lose a lot of detail in dark areas (exact same as Samsung's DlNe)

thing is this has the EXACT problem as the Samsung model as well
with the Black Level 'on" the TV will RANDOMLY go up & down in brightness.
One minute it's a perfect picture & say an explosion happens & after that the entire screen is dimmed to an almost unwatchable darkness & will eventually go back to the normal brightness

turning the "Black level" off fixes all of this though

-the red tone push is easily corrected in the 37" model, had no problem with that
the panel does look better with a cooler tone

-sadly VERY sadly this panel STILL has ghosting during high speed Video Games even with the quick shoot on!
6ms response time and quick shoot technology & still ghosting, there is absolutely no hope for LCD panels for ghosting free viewing!

turning the "Quick Shoot" option off increases the ghosting vastly.
the postive is that I noticed that the ghosting IS MUCH less noticeable then last years models of Samsung & Philips LCD I purchased awhile ago.
Of course if you are NOT specifaclly looking for ghosting & not testing some specific games, you can easily not notice it at all, but it IS there!

final verdict, not bad but not too good
post #106 of 2392 Old 04-11-2006, 03:31 PM

Quote:

-sadly VERY sadly this panel STILL has ghosting during high speed Video Games even with the quick shoot on!
6ms response time and quick shoot technology & still ghosting, there is absolutely no hope for LCD panels for ghosting free viewing!

the postive is that I noticed that the ghosting IS MUCH less noticeable then last years models of Samsung & Philips LCD I purchased awhile ago.
Of course if you are NOT specifaclly looking for ghosting & not testing some specific games, you can easily not notice it at all, but it IS there!

What system and what games are you playing? I have not noticed any ghosting playing Halo2, PGR3, and GRAW for xbox360. I have the 37D40U.
post #107 of 2392 Old 04-11-2006, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravel0524 View Post

What system and what games are you playing? I have not noticed any ghosting playing Halo2, PGR3, and GRAW for xbox360. I have the 37D40U.

well the most noticeable ghosting was on some of my Xbox games
I tested:

Tony Hawk 4: on CRT rotating the camera = perfect
on the sharp = buildings/objects in the background have a black after blur to them when you move the camera around them

Ninja Gaiden: stand near one of the save statues, look into first person mode & look at the statue up close while rotating the camera

there will be a slight blur & will leave a slight black after image at the edges of the object when you pass over it

again this is nowhere as bad as the Samsung model I had

I did hear that "warming up" the TV can sometimes fix this, but I doubt it
post #108 of 2392 Old 04-11-2006, 05:05 PM

wtfer

Great review! - You're right lcd will always ghost, because they use switches and not light!
post #109 of 2392 Old 04-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I hooked up a antenna & there ain't JACK in HDTV signals or quality, even HD news shows don't show up in true widescreen (my area has over 24 HDTV stations locally & the news is a HD channel, I check)

Are you sure you can get OTA signals? Did you check antennaweb? You may need a more powerful antenna than you have.

Do you have cable? If so what provider? You might try to just plug your cable into the tuner; it has a QAM tuner, so any unencrypted HD channels should come it (if your cable operator has any).

If your not getting a 16:9 picture, then something is wrong, either with your signal or with your settings. If all else fails: RTFM.
post #110 of 2392 Old 04-12-2006, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

wtfer,

please check for ghosting in a film movie that has very quick motion.

CCD video and video games don't have a natural blending effect between frames because they are quicker (CCD camera vs film), and instantanous (3D card vs film) As a result what appears to be blurring is actually an effect of the static image sections of a video game image. It's actually proven that video gamers can detect differences in frame rate well into the low hundreds on a proper monitor because of this. Part of this is caused by color popping due to alaising issues also. The eye is more sensitive to sudden burst of color. (Which is more likely if there isn't AA or good LOD mip-mapping) (If you want to read the article I'l try to find it)

This problem was less noticeable on plasma and CRT TV's because phosphurs have a natural decay rate of 1/30->1/60th second from full bright to mostly dim. This aids in the "blending effect" between frames.

Although manufacturers stretch thier claim about response rates, Sharp was very honest about their times. (Or at least with past generations) And LCD's are clearly in the speed range now that they can fully change their cell from off->on in 1/60th second. (Or 16.6 ms per field)

Speaker design is rather an art. There is no such thing as the perfect painting. Likewise there is no such thing as a perfect speaker. It's part science and part personal preference.
post #111 of 2392 Old 04-12-2006, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGriffin View Post

wtfer,

please check for ghosting in a film movie that has very quick motion.

CCD video and video games don't have a natural blending effect between frames because they are quicker (CCD camera vs film), and instantanous (3D card vs film) As a result what appears to be blurring is actually an effect of the static image sections of a video game image. It's actually proven that video gamers can detect differences in frame rate well into the low hundreds on a proper monitor because of this. Part of this is caused by color popping due to alaising issues also. The eye is more sensitive to sudden burst of color. (Which is more likely if there isn't AA or good LOD mip-mapping) (If you want to read the article I'l try to find it)

This problem was less noticeable on plasma and CRT TV's because phosphurs have a natural decay rate of 1/30->1/60th second from full bright to mostly dim. This aids in the "blending effect" between frames.

Although manufacturers stretch thier claim about response rates, Sharp was very honest about their times. (Or at least with past generations) And LCD's are clearly in the speed range now that they can fully change their cell from off->on in 1/60th second. (Or 16.6 ms per field)

you know you may be right, I rented King Kong & was looking very hard for ghosting during the fight scenes & whatnot

I really didn't see any on video
post #112 of 2392 Old 04-12-2006, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:

well on to my review:

-There are NO dot crawl or noise on screen which is very good, not quite as crystal clear as the Samsung models, but very Very close imho.

-this TV has a "black level expansion" option
when turned on will give you much more detailed & crisper images but will lose a lot of detail in dark areas (exact same as Samsung's DlNe)

thing is this has the EXACT problem as the Samsung model as well
with the Black Level 'on" the TV will RANDOMLY go up & down in brightness.
One minute it's a perfect picture & say an explosion happens & after that the entire screen is dimmed to an almost unwatchable darkness & will eventually go back to the normal brightness

turning the "Black level" off fixes all of this though

-the red tone push is easily corrected in the 37" model, had no problem with that
the panel does look better with a cooler tone

I had the same issue in not getting HD channels/Digital channels on my new Sony Bravia. The solution was simple. I had to tell it to scan for them. The scan function was kinda buried in the menu system but it was there. Once it found the channels all was well.
post #113 of 2392 Old 04-12-2006, 08:03 PM

Wondering where Mike53 is
post #114 of 2392 Old 04-12-2006, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post

wtfer

Great review! - You're right lcd will always ghost, because they use switches and not light!

Mine do not ghost at less than 12ms. Seeing how the technology is transmissive light there is no way to speed things but use what Sharp calls it's "Speedchip" and it works very well and has been lab tested to meet or exceed it's listed spec's and one of the few that did so.

Call it a switch if you want it's a processing chip and the newest versions range between 4-8 ms depending on model and the human eye detects motion issues that range above 16ms for most people and the newer panels are well under that with SXRD and plasma coming in at 2-4ms.

Some folks get these home and in their haste they fail to read the manual and fail to set the system to Game Mode which helps the panel prevent motion issues. I Xbox, use an Oppo 971 and I have never experienced and motion/judder or ghosting issues.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #115 of 2392 Old 04-12-2006, 08:14 PM

Clipping from time magazine mini review:

Web Exclusive| Business & Technology

Gadget Showdown: Sharp Aquos vs. Sony Bravia

Are LCD TVs ready for your living room?
By WILSON ROTHMAN

Posted Wednesday, Apr. 12, 2006

If you are among the many people wondering when it might be time to buy a flat-panel LCD TV, I've got some good news. This year, LCDs are ready for prime time.

I tested this hypothesis by borrowing high-definition 32-inchers from two industry leaders, Sharp and Sony. A price check alone tells you just how competitive LCD sales will be this year. At CES 2006, Sharp introduced the Aquos LC-32D40U (not to be confused with 32D4U) with a list price of $1,800, but it's already appearing online in the $1,600 range. Sony's 32-inch S-Series Bravia the KDL-32S2000 lists for $1,900, but is also appearing online for around $1,600. I'll state now that my one-on-one review didn't cover the many other brands with reputable LCD sets. However, my initial testing made me pretty lazy: I didn't want to look any further than these two sweet HDTVs.

For true comparison, I connected both TVs to a Sony DVD player, using a special (and expensive) box. The DVD player upconverts the video signal from DVDs to high def. That doesn't mean that the videos themselves are HD, but they do look pretty good. I was able to view movies such as Batman Begins, House of Flying Daggers and The Incredibles on both screens at once. Later, I connected the TVs to my cable box to watch true high-definition signal the ESPN HD broadcast of last Monday night's Phillies-Braves game. This might not be termed a scientific review, but rest assured I viewed with the scrutiny of someone who really likes watching TV, and someone who has been disappointed by many TV pictures.

In previous years, LCDs had a problem with something called response time; that is, the time it takes for the pixels on the screen to change. When the response time is greater than 10 milliseconds, your eyes can perceive the lag, and things can look streaky. Sometimes objects get an unintended halo. The Bravia has an 8ms response, and the Aquos has it beat with a 6ms response time. But I can tell you that, for both companies, the problem appears to have been eliminated. I did not notice any response time issues.

The other commonly discussed LCD shortcoming is its contrast, or black level. LCD TVs have a backlight, an actual bulb shining behind it, not the case with plasmas and regular old tube TVs. Because of this always-on bulb, parts of a scene that were supposed to be pitch black used to look more like a charcoal gray, or even a deep blue. Bad news for film-noir lovers, for sure. Both TVs had tolerably good black levels, but side by side, the Sharp was better, exhibiting visibly higher contrast than the Sony.

In Sony's defense, the 32S2000 has some great features. The display, including the stand, weights 5.5 lbs. less than Sharp's. Also, it has video input jacks that are accessible from behind, making it easier to mess with your inputs when you're using the stand. In truth, though I had to pick a winner, there's no loser here: you would be proud to own either of these sets. The real winner is LCD technology. It's the future, at least for now.
post #116 of 2392 Old 04-13-2006, 04:32 PM

Someone previously asked about owners manuals at the Sharp website...they are not there, but ABT Electronics has the manual for the LC-37D90U and perhaps others.

Unfortunately, for me the D90 does not have Cablecard or TVG....
post #117 of 2392 Old 04-13-2006, 04:55 PM

I was able to get a very brief (like 1 minute) look at the 45D40U today. I was walking down the street and looked in the window of the A/V store that I go to. Near the front window they had the Sharp 37" (last year's model) set on display. When I walked by I noticed the TV was different, so I walked in to see if it was the 45D40U - it was.

First thing I noticed - it was large, bigger the the 37" Sharp they had on display. It had the high-gloss black border (about a 2") around the panel that was getting alot of reflections since the TV was facing a large window (it was distracting). In fact I could see some reflections on the panel which was annoying. The rest of the TV was a dark gray colour (Titanium), it was ok.

After looking at the set for a few seconds, something was bugging me and I couldn't put my finger on it until I realized what it was - I had seen the Sharp Aquos 26", 32" and the 37" at Future Shop many times, since they are widescreen TVs, the cabinet (and the whole TV) looks widescreen. However, when I looked at the 45D40U it doesn't look like a widecreen TV, it looks like a 4:3 TV. Weird, just weird. I don't know if it was an optical illusion or something.

I walked around back to take a look at the connectors, they're on the rear left side of the TV. There was no removable cover plate like the previous models. There's an indentation on the back panel with the connectors mounted the right side. The cables are on the left side and bend to the right at 90 degrees.

Walking back to the front of the set, they had a movie playing however it was on the end credits, so I can't comment on the picture quality. The black background appeared very good. The white text was scrolling from the bottom of the screen to the top, however it didn't appear to be smooth. The text appeared to flicker or jitter as it moved. It was very slight but it didn't look right. I had to leave at that point - so it was only a 1-2 minute look. I might drop in next week for a longer look.
post #118 of 2392 Old 04-13-2006, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
That set does have some soft corners on it - makes it look less like a widescreen. But it's a pretty decent cabinet IMO. Give it a fair shake, in better lighting its a nice picture - could not get it to quite match the sony 40 XBR, and I am not a Sony fan, but its bigger and overall I would prefer it.

It doesn't seem to me to be 1200/800 compared to previous gen Sharps, still see light bleed and LCD haze. My 37-d7u puts out just about the same pic IMO. Price is good, approaching 3K, but NO CABLECARD. I hope Sharp puts it in their 52" coming this fall, if not I may have to look elsewhere.
post #119 of 2392 Old 04-13-2006, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus_Rising View Post

The white text was scrolling from the bottom of the screen to the top, however it didn't appear to be smooth. The text appeared to flicker or jitter as it moved. It was very slight but it didn't look right. I had to leave at that point - so it was only a 1-2 minute look. I might drop in next week for a longer look.

you know I noticed this too
there is a certain "jitter" in some scenes, especially in text

I hear turning on "film mode" & turning off the quick shoot off will improve that, but I haven't tried myself
post #120 of 2392 Old 04-14-2006, 11:54 AM

An earlier posting indicated that the LC-45D90U was cancelled by Sharp.

However, there are several online retailors taking pre-orders.

Does anyone know if this product is planned for actual availability in the US.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page