Westinghouse 47" 1080p LCD (LVM-47w1) - Page 135 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4021 of 4028 Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm still using mine with no problems... but I only watch a few hours of TV a week so it really has very few hours on it. The picture is still great and people with much newer and higher end TV's seem surprised at how good it looks. I'll keep it until it dies and then get a bigger Plasma screen. All in all, its been great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4022 of 4028 Old 12-28-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyLR View Post

Gosh, am I the only person out there still using their LVM-47w1?

I'm still using mine and it's been running great since day one.
post #4023 of 4028 Old 12-29-2012, 06:35 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
I still have mine,but it's now in a seldom used guest room. Looks like it's starting to fail though. Noticed a few weeks back that the colors were washing out. I made some adjustments which seemed to work for some time. Then, it just started getting darker. When I get a chance I'm going to open it up and see if I can repair it.
post #4024 of 4028 Old 09-21-2013, 05:08 AM
Advanced Member

I had some time on my hands the other day. So I opened the set up and changed out the backlight inverters. It looks like a new set now.
post #4025 of 4028 Old 09-21-2013, 05:44 AM

Cool! Care to list the parts and cost or is obvious when you open it up? How long did it take?

Graeme B Davis
post #4026 of 4028 Old 09-21-2013, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

It took longer to take the back off the set than it did to make the repair. It cost under $80 including shipping for the 2 boards. I bought both because I didn't know which one was bad. There are videos on youtube that give the basics on what to do. I got the parts here. http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lvm47w1
post #4027 of 4028 Old 12-09-2013, 09:03 AM

Just thought I'd dig up this thread to say that I finally retired my Westinghouse 47". It has been my primary TV since I bought it in April, 2007 for about $2000 at best buy, I wish I could check the hours on it because it must have a ton with being used everyday for at least a few hours.

It has been perfectly reliable with no major problems, the only thing that I started noticing in the last couple years was vertical banding during panning specifically watching sports with green backgrounds like golf and football. I believe that's probably due to uneven back lighting as the CCFL lights aged.

Anyhow it's been a great TV, I always liked the picture on it and it's finally been replaced by a Panasonic ST60 60" Plasma. It's not done yet though, I'll probably take it up to the lake to be used at the cabin next summer.

post #4028 of 4028 Old 12-09-2013, 10:11 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamjv View Post

Just thought I'd dig up this thread to say that I finally retired my Westinghouse 47". It has been my primary TV since I bought it in April, 2007 for about $2000 at best buy, I wish I could check the hours on it because it must have a ton with being used everyday for at least a few hours.

It has been perfectly reliable with no major problems, the only thing that I started noticing in the last couple years was vertical banding during panning specifically watching sports with green backgrounds like golf and football. I believe that's probably due to uneven back lighting as the CCFL lights aged.

Anyhow it's been a great TV, I always liked the picture on it and it's finally been replaced by a Panasonic ST60 60" Plasma. It's not done yet though, I'll probably take it up to the lake to be used at the cabin next summer.

Haha, me to just got a Vizio M551D-A2R. I like other was able to see the vertical banding from the beginning, bit it's only noticeable sometimes. Mine did have the firmware issue where it often wouldn't turn on with out unplugging and re-plugging it first. Westinghouse was suppose to send some company out to do the firmware update, but they never came even after I called them 2 or 3 times about it. I should call them again 6 years later and complain.

I might use the Westinghouse as a computer monitor again. wink.gif

Ok always thought the Westy had a good picture, but my new Vizio look so much better, I was blown away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Westinghouse

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page