MUGEN... I have read that and everything I have found written about the XBR3 and XBR3 so far... and as I said in my post above, they all lead me to believe that only the bezel is different... If that is so, then WHY have a whole separate model?
From everything I read, the 40 and 46 inch XBR2 and XBR3 all have the following specs:
- Native 1080p
- 1080p enabled HDMI inputs (3)
- ATSC tuner
- PC input
- 2 HD component inputs
- 1 S-Video inputs (SonyStyle says 2-S-Video inputs)
- 3 composite inputs
- Bravia Engine Pro
- DRC-MF ver 2.5
- Live Color Creation
- WCG-CCFL light source
- Floating glass design
- Side speakers (SonyStyle says bottom speakers)
- XBR3 = Piano gloss bezel
- XBR2 = Silver bezel standard, replacable by red, white, blue, black, brown
The lower "V" series clearly has these lesser features:
- Bravis Engine (not Pro)
- Bottom speakers
- Only 2 HDMI inputs
- No floating glass look
So, my question that I am hoping someone may have found some details on regarding the 40/46 XBR2/XBR3 models are:
1) Are there any differences other than the Bezel between XBR2 and XBR3 40/46 in units?
2) Do they support CableCard?
3) SonyStyle states they have "Space saving bottom speakers", whereas the Sony press release states "side speakers"... from the design it looks like side speakers... anyone confirmed in person?
4) Sony Style says 2 S-Video inputs, while the press release says 1 S-Video input.