Anyone have LG 37LC2D? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1113 Old 06-07-2006, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought this over Memorial weekend for the bedroom and couldn't be happier. Was wondering if anyone else has this display and wants to share their settings. I played around with the settings for a little while and have it looking beautiful but was wondering what other people have it set at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1113 Old 06-07-2006, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have been looking for quite a while for a replacement bedroom TV. The 32" like nice but seem to be a little small. I have to fit it in an armoire so I believe 37" is the way I am going with but there is limited offering. I have been looking at the Sharp 37D40 but recently spotted the LG 37LC2D. I have been to 12 different stores numerous times over the last month or so and I have to say the LG 37LC2D has looked real good in all of them that had it. I have yet to see a good picture on the Sharp as I have only seen in 3 stores and it did not seem the source was HD. It also seemed to push red and the SD stuff was not so hot. I am interested to hear from you your experiance with this panel. Did it have the red push? How is the SD stuff? Are you happy with it for DVDs? Other than it only has 1 HDMI connector, for the price it seems like a good choice. I also think it has a nice look with the matte black bezal - I don't like shiney black. I guess I could wait for the 37d90 but I am sure the price will be too high at first.
post #3 of 1113 Old 06-07-2006, 05:52 PM

I'm thinking about buying this TV and was also wondering about SD quality. I plan on using it for DVDs, game consoles, PC display ... but right now just regular old SD analog cable.
post #4 of 1113 Old 06-08-2006, 11:36 AM

have it in my office room-the sd reception is not the best but my source is the basic comcast cable....will be changing to HD 20(Direct tv)
The hd (ota)is awesome-better than my samsung dlp 56inch downstairs....
It is a very easy tv to set up and the price is good for the quality.
I really like it....!
post #5 of 1113 Old 06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Bought this TV over Memorial Weekend from CC. Very good HD picture and good SD picture
with D*. It's always hard to look at and HD channel then go to SD but comparing the
SD picture with my Sony 40" XBR it looks very comparable. I wished it came with 2 HDMI
for future connections but I knew that when I purchased it. Got a very very good deal from
CC. Utlimate had the TV for $90 less then CC and CC cut $100 off the sale price. When I got
it home a calibrated the set with DVE disk and cannot complain about any red push.
post #6 of 1113 Old 06-10-2006, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

I am very happy with the set and my HDMI cable should of been delivered today....I'll find out when I get home in a couple of hours. The color is beautiful and there isn't a noticeable red push, at least to me. Right now I have a cheapo $10 component cable connected to it, but will have a better judgement when I get the Monster HDMI cable. Xbox 360 looks absolutely beautiful on it, and I'll post pictures of it if anyone would like.

Also, TulsaCoker....PM
post #7 of 1113 Old 06-10-2006, 11:26 AM

Hey Import, How far away from the TV are you and how does SD look?
post #8 of 1113 Old 06-10-2006, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Import View Post

I bought this over Memorial weekend for the bedroom and couldn't be happier. Was wondering if anyone else has this display and wants to share their settings. I played around with the settings for a little while and have it looking beautiful but was wondering what other people have it set at.

I have the 32" version and couldn't be happier. The lc2d line is a nice compromise between the crap and the high end. My settings are as follows from an Avia calibration disk connected via the HDMI input.

contrast 95
brightness 60
color 70
sharpness 70
tint - centered
temp - medium

hope this helps
post #9 of 1113 Old 06-11-2006, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-man_man View Post

Hey Import, How far away from the TV are you and how does SD look?

From the dresser to the head of the bed I'm probably a good 10-15'. I was waiting for the HDMI cable to arrive before I mounted it to the wall. SD looks great in better in Normal mode but my fiance can't take the smaller screen so she always sets it to Zoom 1. Still looks good. I'll post some pics today, and will try those settings. Would still like if Tulsa would post his.
post #10 of 1113 Old 06-13-2006, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Import I forgot one setting here they are:

Contrast - 77
Brightness - 60
Color - 50
Sharpness - 69
Tint - 0 (Center)
Color Temp - Warm
post #11 of 1113 Old 06-13-2006, 08:56 PM

I just bought my 37lc2d two days ago at circuit city for 1799 and tax.
So far I love it. HDTV looks excellent. Even my digital tv signals looks terrific.
my setting is contrast 91 brightness 80 , color 62 and sharpness 65... can any body share their settings as well. I researched for a long time and this unit is best in the price range as far as spec goes. I also like the sound settings... srs surround. Definitely worth the money!!

BTW, I've noticed that display tv at the store had hdtv, hdmi, and surround sound logos inprinted on the silver strip near the bottom of the tv, but when opened my box the silver strip didn't have any logos instead had a triangle sticker with logos on the top right of the tv.. anybody with same experience?
post #12 of 1113 Old 06-13-2006, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the settings. I went with imagines as the picture came out sharper and brighter on my set with those settings. I kind of liked yours better Tulsa with the Temp set to medium.
post #13 of 1113 Old 06-13-2006, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyrub78 View Post

I just bought my 37lc2d two days ago at circuit city for 1799 and tax.
So far I love it. HDTV looks excellent. Even my digital tv signals looks terrific.
my setting is contrast 91 brightness 80 , color 62 and sharpness 65... can any body share their settings as well. I researched for a long time and this unit is best in the price range as far as spec goes. I also like the sound settings... srs surround. Definitely worth the money!!

BTW, I've noticed that display tv at the store had hdtv, hdmi, and surround sound logos inprinted on the silver strip near the bottom of the tv, but when opened my box the silver strip didn't have any logos instead had a triangle sticker with logos on the top right of the tv.. anybody with same experience?

I also had the sticker on the top right. They glued it on and it left some residue in the corner and was wondering what I could use to get it off....
post #14 of 1113 Old 06-13-2006, 10:42 PM

I just bought this TV the other day and should be picking up tomorrow...assuming it got transferred in from the other store on time.

I'm extremely anxious to get it all hooked up. I've never really watched anything in HD before...and I'm even more excited to get my Xbox 360 hooked up to it.
post #15 of 1113 Old 06-14-2006, 07:18 AM

Quote:

I also had the sticker on the top right. They glued it on and it left some residue in the corner and was wondering what I could use to get it off....

Import, I used acetone to get it off,, but big mistake.. it gets the glue off but l discolors the plastic very slightly... so don't used acetone....Just leave it on or maybe you could use cooking oil or something.
did you have trademark logos inprinted on the grayish strip near bottom of your set?
post #16 of 1113 Old 06-14-2006, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Same problem with mine, I just kept working on it with my finger untill most came off.
Belly, mine had all the logo's at the bottom right just above the speakers. I think there are 4 or 5 logo's. Strange yours did not.
post #17 of 1113 Old 06-14-2006, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Love the TV but here are a few things I do not like about it.
1. One HDMI. Wish it had two.
2. Stand does not swivel or tilt
3. Cannot bypass inputs for Antenna, Cable or RGB input.

Otherwise excellent TV and galb I bought it.
post #18 of 1113 Old 06-14-2006, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaCoker View Post

Same problem with mine, I just kept working on it with my finger untill most came off.
Belly, mine had all the logo's at the bottom right just above the speakers. I think there are 4 or 5 logo's. Strange yours did not.

Tulsa, your speakers.. are they gray/silver?
post #19 of 1113 Old 06-15-2006, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

They are grey just like the frame of the TV. There is a 1" strip of dull silver running right above the speakers. The logos on the speakers are a permanent sticker so yours may have fallen off.
post #20 of 1113 Old 06-17-2006, 10:05 PM

My favorite settings are:

Contrast: 80
Brightness: 40
Color: 55
Sharpness: 50

Temperature: Medium

--
PS3 40 gig (upgraded to 160 gig)
XBOX 360
Sony DG-810 Receiver
Yamaha 5.1 NS-P1600 Speakers

Latest Purchases:
Mad Men S1, Hellboy 2
post #21 of 1113 Old 06-17-2006, 11:39 PM

Hey guys, I am new here, just want to ask a question. i just bought a 37lc2d, and it seems that there's a buzzing sound come out from the back of the tv when ever the tv is on, even without displaying any pictures. i can hear it when i mute the tv, even from 6 or 7 feet away. does any of you experience the same problem? is it normal? also, it only happen to some inputs, like component, and TV, but it doesn't happen when i swich to HDMI source. I am worried about the quality of LG, so, please help me out here. thanks
post #22 of 1113 Old 06-19-2006, 02:56 AM

i think you better send an email to lg electronics and explain problem

site of audio video www.audiovideoedit.com
dite of celebrities www.beautycelebrity.com
post #23 of 1113 Old 06-19-2006, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

giggspy, mine also has a low hum when you mute the sound. I'm not worried about it though but if you think your is too much or too loud try another or check them out in the store. Probable the internal fan or electronic noise. Let me know what you find out.
post #24 of 1113 Old 06-24-2006, 09:52 PM

I have had this unit for about 2 months. I am very pleased with it. Its a compromise between the High end and low end products. There only a few units that would fit in my entertainment center. This TV fits perfect.

I wanted to try the Panasonic 37" Plasma, but I didn't like the silver bezel and I have read on much about burn-in and IR on this and other forums, that it has scared me away from plasmas.

It would have been good to have 2 HDMI Inputs, but I have ordered a 2 to 1 switch from MonoPrice. All reviews say that it works well.

I really like the ratio adjustments. Especially, the one that you can adjust zoom gradually up to 16 steps. Now I can watch any aspect ratio without black bars. The 7 video presets are also great.

I have HD cable service and the Toshiba HD-X1. Both works fine and give excellent picture quality with either HDMI or component cables.

I really got a good deal with CC. It was a open box item and I really got a good buy. They have been very patient with me. I went through 6 TVs, mostly 32", to get to this one.

Will welcome any comments, pro or con.
post #25 of 1113 Old 07-12-2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:

LG LC-37D40U Report

Is this an LG or a Sharp?
post #26 of 1113 Old 07-12-2006, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

LG Lucky Goldstar.
post #27 of 1113 Old 07-13-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood_Jabuzoff View Post

Is this an LG or a Sharp?

I'm sorry, I got the model numbers mixed up. I was talking about the LG 37", Model 37LC2D in my above post.

Since I posted that message and before the 30 day period expired to return the LG, I did buy the Sharp to try out and compare the 2 side by side in a face off. I wanted to try it out because it got a very good review in Home Theater Magazine, it fit into my entertainment center and it has 2 HDMI imputs.
However, I took the Sharp back after 4 days and have decided to keep the LG.
While the Sharp did have good black level, the SD channels were horrible; you cannot zoom or stretch a HD signal from HD cablebox or HD-DVD player, so you are stuck with the black bars, if it is not a 1:85 picture. The HD channels were good, but not near as good as the LG. The color temperature was off and it was hard to get a natural skin tone. If I had several hundred dollars more to get the set calibrated, it might have made a good set.
However, the LG was almost perfect right out of the box.
I solved the multiple HDMI Inputs by buying a Monoprice HDMI swither for $26
that works perfect.
post #28 of 1113 Old 07-18-2006, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little buddy View Post

I'm sorry, I got the model numbers mixed up. I was talking about the LG 37", Model 37LC2D in my above post.

Since I posted that message and before the 30 day period expired to return the LG, I did buy the Sharp to try out and compare the 2 side by side in a face off. I wanted to try it out because it got a very good review in Home Theater Magazine, it fit into my entertainment center and it has 2 HDMI imputs.
However, I took the Sharp back after 4 days and have decided to keep the LG.
While the Sharp did have good black level, the SD channels were horrible; you cannot zoom or stretch a HD signal from HD cablebox or HD-DVD player, so you are stuck with the black bars, if it is not a 1:85 picture. The HD channels were good, but not near as good as the LG. The color temperature was off and it was hard to get a natural skin tone. If I had several hundred dollars more to get the set calibrated, it might have made a good set.
However, the LG was almost perfect right out of the box.
I solved the multiple HDMI Inputs by buying a Monoprice HDMI swither for $26
that works perfect.

I picked up the LG 37" as well. I'm very impressed with the picture quality, sound quality and the functionality of the TV. And you can get it at BB for hundreds less than Sharp. I highly recommend this tv in the sub $3K range. Short of an HDDVD player, this tv is going to do everything you need it to. Regardless, for the price you really can't go wrong. And at 37", you can always make it the bedroom/office TV for when you get the big bucks to spend on next gen technology.
post #29 of 1113 Old 07-19-2006, 09:04 PM

Are there 2 different styles of this model?I've seen one with an all blackish frame bezel,and one with some silver trim on it.I didn't actually see the model number on the TV just what the stores had listed as the model.
LL
LL
post #30 of 1113 Old 07-19-2006, 10:25 PM

After seeing this LG in BestBuy I am really intrigued by this LCD. I was originally looking at the Sharp 37D40U (On a friends recommendation) but seeing this thing in action has almost sold me on it.

I just wish there were more reviews!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page