JVC 37" LCD (LT37X787)....any feedback/experiances? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-25-2006, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I went down to a local video store all set for the Westy 37" (37w2) and saw the JVC 37" right next to it, with the newer Sharp (40U) on another side and was blown away by the JVC!! The LT37 stood out with the best 1080i picture among the 3 sets and the salesman was giving me a good deal on the set ($200 more than the Westy) but I don't know a lot about JVC TV's period so I pulled off the deal and came back home, still $1800 rich :) and thought I'd post here for some feedback on the set.

I also noticed that none of the other brick stores (Bbuy, CCity, Sears) carry this set and the local video I went to informed me they had just got the JVC eariler this month and have the sale as its a newer set and they're trying to get the attention of buyers.

I gave my best shot at calibrating the Westy unit but even after my minor calibration, the picture quality was nowhere to the JVC, which was not calibrated at all. The other nice feature I liked on the JVC is the "viewing modes" and they have a "pan" mode that does a extremely good job for 4:3/non 16:9 material.

The JVC also won hands down over the Westy/Sharp in the sound department and the speakers had more of a "thump" and deeper sounding bass.

Overall, I was very much displeased with the Westy but the JVC left me in awe.

So back to my post, has anyone had any experiances with JVC TV's and specifically this set? Also who makes JVC panels and what's the refresh rate on them? Though on 1080i signals at the store, I did not see any ghosting at all so I presume its probably under 10ms and has a good scaler.

Thanks
S

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
XBL Tag: TacoKommando
My small HT setup:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-25-2006, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?model...thId=80&page=2

Spec look pretty good but no mention of response time? Hmmm.......

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
My small HT setup:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
May want to look at the new JVC model, 37x887.
Can be found around the same price.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-25-2006, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Appears the only thing different is the panel color....one's a black/silver finish while the x887 appears to be all black, kinda like the newer Sharp panels.

Does JVC make good Lcd's? Im so tempted since I'm getting a pretty good deal but the store is 170 miles away so returning/exchanging the set may be a little tough/time costly.

Any other feedback or links that might shed a little more light on this 'mysterious' panel?

S

My small HT setup:

post #5 of 5 Old 07-01-2006, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"Any other feedback or links that might shed a little more light on this 'mysterious' panel?"

JVC obviously has a leg up on its competitors -

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=612698
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page