Considering Dell's 32" LCD...W3201C - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-03-2006, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been looking for a decent LCD to mount on the wall in the bedroom. I don't need anything expensive because it would get so little use. But I would like it to have a decent picture. I will be using it for 90% SD TV, and another 10% SD DVD's. There will be no HD conection to this TV right now(maybe in the future, but not now).
I'm a little scared of the 16 millisecond response time on the 32". Their 26" has a 8 millisecond response time.

My choice would be to mount the TV on the wall, but I would need at least a 32" due to the distance. My other option would be to buy the smaller TV and put it on top of the dresser.

Should I be worried about using all SD content with a 16 millisecond response time? Should I just buy the smaller 26" and not mount it on the wall? Maybe just use it's stand and put it on top of the dresser?

Thanks,
Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-03-2006, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
I've been looking for a decent LCD to mount on the wall in the bedroom. I don't need anything expensive because it would get so little use. But I would like it to have a decent picture. I will be using it for 90% SD TV, and another 10% SD DVD's. There will be no HD conection to this TV right now(maybe in the future, but not now).
I'm a little scared of the 16 millisecond response time on the 32". Their 26" has a 8 millisecond response time.

My choice would be to mount the TV on the wall, but I would need at least a 32" due to the distance. My other option would be to buy the smaller TV and put it on top of the dresser.

Should I be worried about using all SD content with a 16 millisecond response time? Should I just buy the smaller 26" and not mount it on the wall? Maybe just use it's stand and put it on top of the dresser?

Thanks,
Nick
All I can say is that there have been many complaints about the Dell's having bad ghosting. I heard one person who went through two and just gave up because they couldn't handle the ghosting/response times.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-03-2006, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconstant
All I can say is that there have been many complaints about the Dell's having bad ghosting. I heard one person who went through two and just gave up because they couldn't handle the ghosting/response times.

Wel I have only been cosidering the Dell because we(my company) get such a nice discount from them, and no interest for a year is also very nice. But I'm sure I can get the no interest thing from someone else, just not the really low price.

Like I said, I don't want to drop a fortune for a TV in the bedroom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page