LCD-home theater setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-03-2006, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have purchased a Harmon Kardon AVR-140 receiver. I am new to home theater. Do you have to send your video signals through the receiver or could I go directly to the tv? Would the following setup work?

Send Sony DVP-NS75H DVD player and SA8300 HD DVR set top box video signals to an LCD via HDMI cables run through a HDMI switcher. Send the audio from these two sources to the H/K receiver using optical audio cables.

Would there be any reason to run component cables from the two sources to the receiver and then on to the LCD tv via component cables?

thanks for any help

mrshanno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-03-2006, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshanno
I have purchased a Harmon Kardon AVR-140 receiver. I am new to home theater. Do you have to send your video signals through the receiver or could I go directly to the tv? Would the following setup work?

Send Sony DVP-NS75H and SA8300 HD DVR set top box video signals to an LCD via HDMI cables run through a HDMI switcher. Send the audio from these two sources to the H/K receiver using optical audio cables.

Would there be any reason to run component cables from the two sources to the receiver and then on to the LCD tv via component cables?

thanks for any help

mrshanno
I would personally send the video signals through the HDMI cable then have the sound run through the Optical/TosLink cable. That is how I have my Sony DVD Player setup.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-03-2006, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mconstant...I assume if there is any audio sync delay problems, I guess my Harmon Kardon receiver will be able to compensate.

thanks again
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page