setup help needed- Sceptre 37" LCD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-04-2006, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok I just received my Sceptre 37" LCD TV and am trying to set it up with my TimeWarner Digital Cable HD DVR, then through the DVD player.

The DVI input doesn't seem to be working, but a friend of mine said our local Timewarner (Charlotte NC) doesn't support that anyway. I'm going to check on that.

I hooked it up via the Component inputs and I get a signal, but it is VERY red and not good quality at all. I've played with some of the color settings briefly but didn't notice much change--didn't want to go overboard on changing something I know nothing about.

Will try to set up the DVD player also, and will be running all sound through a Pioneer receiver--but trying to figure out the Cable thing first.

Also, I just hooked up my laptop to the TV via the VGA input and it looks great--no red problem there. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-04-2006, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Figured out the color problem... had the Component inputs switched around (had the blues and greens mixed up). I'm such an idiot.

Downloaded the HD trailer for Superman Returns and watched it on the Sceptre via my laptop. WOW. Incredible PQ.

Now trying to get that same HD quality from my cable box. ESPN is looking ok so far, but not as crisp as the superman trailer. We'll see what I can figure out.

Now to get the receiver hooked up....
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page