whats your preference lcd or plasma/ what have you bought - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-04-2006, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1) whats your preference a PLASMA OR LCD tv and what tv have you boutht that you can rave over since watching it.

2)In general which is better, most durable and best picture from any angele of viewing and no burn in from tv stations logo plasma or lcd. Looking for 37-46 inch tv

3) does 1080p beat all other tvs out there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-04-2006, 08:46 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo
1) whats your preference a PLASMA OR LCD tv and what tv have you boutht that you can rave over since watching it.
Plasma. LCD.

Quote:
2 in general which is better, most durable, and best picture from any angele of viewing and no burn in from tv stations logo plasma or lcd. Looking to get 37-44 inch so what do recommend.
Plasma, LCD, Plasma, LCD.

Nobody can really recommend which one for you to get without knowing all the fine details about your sources, viewing habits, and environment. If you read all the other dozens of LCD vs Plasma threads on this forum you should be able to glean the info you need to make the right choice for your particular needs. For me, the only thing in LCD's favor is that it can be watched in a brightly lit room, but Plasma wins on all other points. And it still does pretty good when my room is bright after some quick light control adjustments to a few windows.

Quote:
3)1080p resolution beats any tv out there. Do you aggree
No.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 4 Old 07-04-2006, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Go out and look with your own eyes as nobody here can decide for you.

I have used LCD computer monitors for years and they have vastly improved since the early days. I now have a Dell 20" widescreen LCD and it's really nice. However one of my friends who is a gamer will still have nothing to do with LCDs and still uses a 21" Sony CRT monitor.

Although I wouldn't give up the LCD for the text sharpness and space savings, I have to admit that the Sony CRT monitor is better for games. It has better blacks and just an overall better "wow" factor.

When I looked at televisions I saw the same thing. LCDs were very sharp, but at normal viewing distance this doesn't matter as the finer detail fades away anyway. The plasmas had better blacks and more of that "wow" factor. To my eyes, the LCDs were duller and the plasmas were more vibrant. The plasma picture looked more tube-like than the LCD.

My opinion, for what it's worth.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No another LCD vs Plasma thread... Use the search function IT IS your friend...
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page