New Syntax Olevia TV models - Page 64 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1891 of 1900 Old 12-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new to this forum and am looking for some help. I purchased a new 242T Sunday & have been watching it with a standard definition receiver box (Verizon Fios). I was happy with how good a picture I was getting even though it wasn't HD. I also have a 52" Sharp Aquos & non HD channels are frustrating to watch although the HD channels are great. Today I received a new HD receiver box from Verizon. Now many of my HD channels do not give me a full screen. In fact some have a white line at the top, with left & right side cut off around 5" per side. I wasn't having this problem with the SD receiver. I have experimented with full screen, zoom 16:9 adjustments , etc... without any success. I called tech support & they blamed the TV. My 52" Sharp gets all the stations with full screen. The HD/DVR box is by Motorola & is model QIP6416-2. Any ideas or solutions? Is it really the TV & I would have to live with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1900 Old 12-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiths1 View Post

I am new to this forum and am looking for some help. I purchased a new 242T Sunday & have been watching it with a standard definition receiver box (Verizon Fios). I was happy with how good a picture I was getting even though it wasn't HD. I also have a 52" Sharp Aquos & non HD channels are frustrating to watch although the HD channels are great. Today I received a new HD receiver box from Verizon. Now many of my HD channels do not give me a full screen. In fact some have a white line at the top, with left & right side cut off around 5" per side. I wasn't having this problem with the SD receiver. I have experimented with full screen, zoom 16:9 adjustments , etc... without any success. I called tech support & they blamed the TV. My 52" Sharp gets all the stations with full screen. The HD/DVR box is by Motorola & is model QIP6416-2. Any ideas or solutions? Is it really the TV & I would have to live with it?

Some(many) HD channels actually still send SD material with black bars on each side for many of their shows. Others, like ESPN, FSN, etc put a graphic in that area to fill the screen.

I typically use "Aspect" as my preffered setting on the TV.

HD DVD:38
BR: 51+ 23 from the WB Red2Blu promo
post #1893 of 1900 Old 12-07-2007, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiths1 View Post

have you tried to send the signal by both HDMI and/or components? Is there a a difference depending on what type of connection you use?

Never Say Never
post #1894 of 1900 Old 12-11-2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denman007 View Post

Hi. I just bought the 532H. Couple of questions..
3. Best method to cover up blue standby light. It's too bright for a bedroom.

I was able to turn off the LED thru the ON-Screen menu.... Although I *think* I have one of the 532h-B13 versions.. Got from Target on Black Friday...

My problem is getting Comcast Universal 3 DVR remote to work......
post #1895 of 1900 Old 05-21-2008, 01:01 PM

Either by pressing the v.format remote button, or going to HDTV setup, format, you can change the "format". Choices are: 480i 480p 720p 1080i. So what does this do? Does it remap any format to what you select. If so, then why doesn't it just default to what is broadcast? When I change the setting, the picture goes away for a second and you can see a degraded picture at the lower settings.

Where is the best setting to leave it?
post #1896 of 1900 Old 05-14-2011, 05:10 PM

Yeargh, 5 goddamn years and the Olevias you guys own are still working fine!
post #1897 of 1900 Old 05-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Yup, watching mine right now! Only issue I have is the hcdp handshake or something on initial start up..
post #1898 of 1900 Old 05-14-2011, 05:27 PM

Jesus Christ, these things are shure built to last!
Guess what, I heard Olevia has come back from the dead and that they are also makin' LEDs now!
post #1899 of 1900 Old 05-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

my 23" Olevia still works fine, now as a PC monitor. had mine for about 7 years now. only issue i had with this panel was the volume simply sucked, the set just didnt have a quality sound system for TV use, etc. i had bought a 32" Sanyo on sale at wal-mart to replace Olevia in my bedroom, but now that my 55" LG replaced my 42" panny plasma i will be moving plasma to my bedroom.

why would Olevia LCD's not last past 5 yrs??
post #1900 of 1900 Old 10-15-2011, 04:29 PM

1st post ever. Why does my Olevia h537-b11 get sparkles when in 1080p, but not in 1080i or 720p. My only 1080p source are blu-rays.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page