Hey... fyi, I'm near College Park, MD... and I go up towards Baltimore all the time (Laurel, Columbia, Odenton, Pasadena). PM me if you find any good deals.
I won't do a bunch of quotes, but from what I just read:
1. Someone on the xbr2/3 thread said they didn't notice any difference between vga and dvi->hdmi in 1:1... said both looked "tack-on" or somesuch.
2. Thanks for the info on the model lines! That the V2500's are the successors to the xbr1/V series is good news to me -- I'd buy the xbr1 if it was 1080p.
3. Someone said V2000's were now out in Europe? I'll have to check that forum they have there... if so we can get some idea now.
4. It's not looking like drc 2.5 is a big hit.
5. There's a _possible_ issue w/ motion blur for the xbr2/3's. I'd like to see more info on that. Is 8ms good enough? Is it the screen or the processing?
Along w/ 5) ... am wondering, just to be thorough, whether the new 1080p sharps will have a better response time and otherwise how they may compare. I'm almost certainly going for a v2500, but just want to cover all bases.