Need info on Sharp LC-37D90U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-01-2006, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

This is my first post. I have read a several pages of posts relating to this question, but haven't seen any solid info about the street date for this model. I believe that it is online, but I prefer to buy it locally. It apparently isn't in any stores yet as far as I know, but I can't find any information as to why, or if it will be in stores any time soon. I would just go ahead and get the 37D40U, but I read in the review at Cnet that it wasn't that good as far as color accuracy. Plus, I would like to have the 1080p capability should I get an HD DVD player, but that isn't a make or break issue.

So, I guess I am looking for either solid news one way or the other, or advice about the two models and whether the 90U is worth the wait. I am pretty much set on an LCD at 37" or above, but having read lots of reviews, I always find things that I don't like about this or that model and this particular TV has pretty much what I want. Thanks in advance, and be gentle if you have to school me on protocol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-01-2006, 05:50 PM

I would not trust Cnet to much we have the LC37D40U set up in our store it is deff one of our top sellers. Most people draw to it because it is sharp aquos but the color is pretty accurate. So i cant wait till we get the D90U's we will sell more Spec. Since we just got the JVC LT46FN97 in stock, we will need something to compete with that other thant he pricey XBR2'S

Personally I would never trust Cnet revies and other review's trust yourself and pick out a tv that you like, cause what you like and what others like on this board and reviews can be different
post #3 of 7 Old 08-01-2006, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Tks GaPPa. So, you guys don't get any heads up about when these sets are coming in? Any idea why they allegedly came out in May, yet still aren't in stores?
post #4 of 7 Old 08-01-2006, 05:59 PM

There are out there in stores its just finding them. Most places that i have seen them on display they have no stock. I think sharp just cant keep the company's supplied or our buyer's just havent picked them up yet. They were talking sometime around August/Sept for the company i work for
post #5 of 7 Old 08-01-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwaitsrulz
Hi,

This is my first post. I have read a several pages of posts relating to this question, but haven't seen any solid info about the street date for this model. I believe that it is online, but I prefer to buy it locally. It apparently isn't in any stores yet as far as I know, but I can't find any information as to why, or if it will be in stores any time soon. I would just go ahead and get the 37D40U, but I read in the review at Cnet that it wasn't that good as far as color accuracy. Plus, I would like to have the 1080p capability should I get an HD DVD player, but that isn't a make or break issue.

So, I guess I am looking for either solid news one way or the other, or advice about the two models and whether the 90U is worth the wait. I am pretty much set on an LCD at 37" or above, but having read lots of reviews, I always find things that I don't like about this or that model and this particular TV has pretty much what I want. Thanks in advance, and be gentle if you have to school me on protocol.
for info on the 37d90u ---> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=661832

日本語の学生
post #6 of 7 Old 08-01-2006, 08:27 PM

My local Magnolia store has had them in stock for at least a month now...
post #7 of 7 Old 08-01-2006, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric23
My local Magnolia store has had them in stock for at least a month now...
My local Magnolia had the display and the one I bought. Too bad that one died within 24 hours of settting it up. :( Now Magnolia is out of stock and I was told their warehouse has negative stock. I think one or two other Bay Area Mag. stores had them in stock.

I have also seen them in stock at Fry's and Anderson's TV. My local Fry's had four and the Anderson's "said" they had about 20 units. After my experience I will only buy another locally.
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page