Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinraven View Post

why would anyone use a ps2 on a set like that. ps2 always look grainy....bad jaggies. I dont get it. get a 360 or wait for ps3.

Not to hijack the thread, but the PS2 looks decent on SDTV CRTs. So far I have been depressed by how much worse it looks on high definition displays. I was hoping to hear differently about the new Sony LCDs with DRC2.5 or whatever :-P.

I have a 360, and man it looks outstanding on just about anything. I had it hooked up to a 52" 720p D-ILA set and the picture was to die for. But there's very few games for that platform that are interesting (and PS3 will be the same for a year or so), so as a gamer I can't justify neglecting the PS2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:

why would anyone use a ps2 on a set like that. ps2 always look grainy....bad jaggies. I dont get it. get a 360 or wait for ps3.

one answer....God Of War II
I still play God Of War on progressive and looks really good

and by the way, lets not get of topic here, Its an XBR2/3 owners thread, NOT a "what console do u wish to play on an XBR2/3 thread."

You are damaging my calm... - Jayne Cobb
post #273 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 02:13 PM

Quote:

I'm not the original poster but I will say that I will run my PS2 through this set because some of us still like to play the older games in our collection, and I only own one TV.
post #274 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 02:50 PM

I believe I have been able to prove that motion blur is source dependent (and is some cases DVD dependent). I have been using the Superbit version of the 5th element as a reference. First the OPPO 971 via dvi/hdmi, the picutre is crisp and clear, but motion blur is more noticeable. I used slow motion looking closely at the red hat on Aziz (the little boy at the beginning who is holding the mirror and falls asleep). When he is startled he jostles his head and when paused and in slow motion there is more "blur" in the surrounding area almost mimicing motion blur in real time. When the same scene is played using the Toshiba HD-A1, the blur is far less noticable in real time, and this is confimed in pause and slow motion. In pause the image is more crips and defined over the OPPO. This has been bothering me because on HD-DVD of Riddick, there is quite a bit of motion blur in several scenes, but, on HD-DVD of Serenity, there is almost no motion blur throughout the movie. Also, there is none when watching OTA-HD. So I think the blur is not the entire fault of the panel, or LCD technology. It's possible that plasma hides it better because the image is softer. Just my .02. Here are my settings:

Backlight 3
Picture 92
Brightness 49
Color 53
Hue 0
Color Temp Warm1
Sharpness 49
NR Low
DRC Mode OFF

Advanced

Black Corrector off
Advanced CE low
Gamma off - low
Clear White low
Color Sp Standard
Detail Enh OFF
Edge Enh OFF

Who's your daddy?
post #275 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesper View Post

Have any of you gamer guys tried a PS2? How's it look on these nice displays?

How about a PS2 through a dedicated scaler device, or through a HTPC scaler?

Sorry to bug you. I've been having major trouble trying to find a modern display that doesn't make legacy PS2 games look like garbage.

The only PS2 game that I tried was GT4. And I'll have to say that it's a disappointment. I bought a component cable specially for this and set the GT4 output to 1080i. Yet, it still looks blurry. Haven't even turned on the PS2 ever since.
post #276 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi Guy`s

**IMPORTANT**

I need to know this :

Will the QAM tuner in the KDL-40XBR3 , handle all QAM signals ? (ie: QAM-256 / QAM-64 )

The manual states it will tune digital cable channels 1~135 and variations there of (ie: 21.7 , ect)

I need to know for sure that it will decode QAM-256 / all within that range.
I won`t be using a cable box , and need to know that I will still get the basic HD channels.

Many Thanks
Gary
post #277 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmzee View Post

Holy Smokes!
If I were to put those settings on my Panel, it would look like complete POO...
Either your Panel really is messed up or what you've been reporting would be easily fixed if someone would just set up your panel...

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt...

Good luck.

Seriously, did you read my post... "You're willing to give me the benefit of the doubt..." Why do we need comments like that.

I stated clearly. The tv is no longer clear but its the only way to not see the tiling compression boxes. I NEVER stated these were optimal settings. I stated this seems to remove some of the fast motion tiling. Is this thread full of children? Do we need to make snide comments like that.

I have setup many TV's and I stated clearly I used the DV Essentials DVD first and this is the only way I can get rid of the compression during fast motion. Not all of it only some.

On another note is your source going through an HDMI connection?
post #278 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugdish69 View Post

I believe I have been able to prove that motion blur is source dependent (and is some cases DVD dependent). I have been using the Superbit version of the 5th element as a reference. First the OPPO 971 via dvi/hdmi, the picutre is crisp and clear, but motion blur is more noticeable. I used slow motion looking closely at the red hat on Aziz (the little boy at the beginning who is holding the mirror and falls asleep). When he is startled he jostles his head and when paused and in slow motion there is more "blur" in the surrounding area almost mimicing motion blur in real time. When the same scene is played using the Toshiba HD-A1, the blur is far less noticable in real time, and this is confimed in pause and slow motion. In pause the image is more crips and defined over the OPPO. This has been bothering me because on HD-DVD of Riddick, there is quite a bit of motion blur in several scenes, but, on HD-DVD of Serenity, there is almost no motion blur throughout the movie. Also, there is none when watching OTA-HD. So I think the blur is not the entire fault of the panel, or LCD technology. It's possible that plasma hides it better because the image is softer. Just my .02.

I just tested my 8300HD DVR on a 45GX6U and my XBR2 and had some interesting results.

I played the same exact source with the same exact HDMI cable on my XBR2 at home and on a 45GX6U at work and I paused Sunrise Earth from the Discovery HD channel. On the XBR2 I saw artifacts and compression tiling. On the 45GX6U it was crystal clear. How is this possible? I assumed if it was paused there wouldn't be any signal processing. I am receiving a replacement XBR2 tomorrow and I will pause the source in the same spot and see how it looks on the new tv. I can only hope the new one fixes this problem.
post #279 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin-Man View Post

speaking of which, what resolution are u running on your RGB input for your PC??

Resolution: 1920x1080/60Hz
Display Mode: Text
Info from CATALYST: 1920x1080, (0*), color:32Bpp
post #280 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Hero View Post

Has anyone had trouble connecting their PC via the RGB input?

No problems with PC at all. Overscan with Mac at first, but this has been fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Hero View Post

I get nothing; no signal. Just a black screen and "no signal" in the lower right corner.

Try a different monitor. If you still get nothing, then it might be your card.
post #281 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewScott View Post

I just tested my 8300HD DVR on a 45GX6U and my XBR2 and had some interesting results.

I played the same exact source with the same exact HDMI cable on my XBR2 at home and on a 45GX6U at work and I paused Sunrise Earth from the Discovery HD channel. On the XBR2 I saw artifacts and compression tiling. On the 45GX6U it was crystal clear. How is this possible? I assumed if it was paused there wouldn't be any signal processing. I am receiving a replacement XBR2 tomorrow and I will pause the source in the same spot and see how it looks on the new tv. I can only hope the new one fixes this problem.

Andrew - I hope the new set works! please post some pics of this pause spot which you are talking about, both on the xbr2 and the 45gx6u. This will help us to understand more what you are talking about.

Thanks

mijitiro
post #282 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MateriaRedux View Post

Resolution: 1920x1080/60Hz
Display Mode: Text
Info from CATALYST: 1920x1080, (0*), color:32Bpp

are you using the latest Catalyst driver v 6.7 or 6.5, cant remember if 6.7 is even out yet

post #283 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 06:06 PM

all this artifact tiling you guys are talking about make me NOT want an XBR2. I saw some of this effect at CC, but I wonder if it has to do with the fact that 20 other TV's share the same cable. anyone at home having the same problems feel like they should take back the monitor??

post #284 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 06:11 PM

I would like to know if anyone else is having issues with image trailing? Watching Greys's Anatomy on ABC HD feed, the image trailing is horrible.........every time someone moves it is there. Any one else see this? I think this is far more disappointing than tiling.

Who's your daddy?
post #285 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

Hi Guy`s

**IMPORTANT**

I need to know this :

Will the QAM tuner in the KDL-40XBR3 , handle all QAM signals ? (ie: QAM-256 / QAM-64 )

The manual states it will tune digital cable channels 1~135 and variations there of (ie: 21.7 , ect)

I need to know for sure that it will decode QAM-256 / all within that range.
I won`t be using a cable box , and need to know that I will still get the basic HD channels.

Many Thanks
Gary

I can tell you that with my Comcast Basic service (not paying for anything other than the $9.95 basic limited service) the XBR2 found all of the NTSC, Digital SD and about 10 Digital HD channels...

Jeff
post #286 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 06:45 PM

Quote:

Did you change the output settings from the DVR as stated in the manual that was posted early on in this thread?
post #287 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 07:15 PM

Quote:

Seriously, did you read my post... "You're willing to give me the benefit of the doubt..." Why do we need comments like that.

I stated clearly. The tv is no longer clear but its the only way to not see the tiling compression boxes. I NEVER stated these were optimal settings. I stated this seems to remove some of the fast motion tiling. Is this thread full of children? Do we need to make snide comments like that.

I have setup many TV's and I stated clearly I used the DV Essentials DVD first and this is the only way I can get rid of the compression during fast motion. Not all of it only some.

On another note is your source going through an HDMI connection?

Easy,
I wasn't out to belittle you or your settings, I just meant to highlight that it's further evidence that there may be something wrong with your set-- OR that your settings are what's wrong with your set, but what I meant by giving you the benefit of the doubt was that I'm willing to assume that you know what you're doing-- again pointing to the likelyhood that it is your set that is the problem... that's all-- I'm not here to snipe.

I apologize for not making sure that my tone wouldn't be misunderstood-- I know you've taken a lot of heat. I'd actually like to see you get to the bottom of the problem because clearly based on your previous posts, You and I don't own the same Panel, despite their similar Model Tag and specs I haven't seen any of the problems you've been wrestling with-- not to any significant degree at least.
That's why I posted my settings, so you'd have a point of reference.

But, back to the point:

Yes, My D* box is connected via HDMI-- Up until Tuesday I was connected via S-video, but D* came out tuesday and installed the new equipment-- Honestly, I was a little worried after some of your posts that HDMI was the problem and that I'd be having the same issues that you are, but thankfully, it actually made an improvement.
post #288 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 07:44 PM

A friend suggested that I update CATALYST to latest version (6.8) to fix the HDMI issue, so I did. Big mistake!

After updating, I get this message on the lower left of the screen:

Unsupported signal.
Check your device output.

Connected my ACD and it works fine. Plugged it back to the TV and I still get the same message. Since I still have VGA connected, I switched to RGB input then I get this message from CATALYST:

HDMI-to-DVI Notification:
A HDMI-to-DVI display connection has been detected...

Now I get a blank screen on HDMI input. It's probably not the TV's fault. Just a heads-up to those using CATALYST.
post #289 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 07:51 PM

I went to Circuit City in Sunnyvale, CA and was able to connect my MacBook Pro to a 46-inch Bravia XBR2. My goal was to test the deinterlace capabilities of the television and look at the general quality using HD content from Apple's web site using Front Row.

I used a MacBook Pro with an Intel Core Duo T2500 clocked at 2 GHz running Mac OS X v10.4.7. I have 2 GB RAM and the computer came with the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 and 256 MB of VRAM.

I connected the notebook to the TV using a Monster DVI to HDMI cable. The Mac immediately saw the TV when I woke the notebook and knew the TV was a Sony at 1920 by 1080. Initially the TV cut off the menu bar at the top and most of the Dock at the bottom of the image. I corrected this by setting the Sony to Full Pixels. I had to leave the overscan option in the Display System Preference for the TV turned on. If I turned off overscanning from the MacBook, the TV displayed as inset image.

The first thing I do when looking at Sony TVs is to set the picture mode to Standard and immediately reset the settings to the default values using the Reset menu. I'm looking for the "out-of-the-box" experience knowing that I can adjust the picture to my tastes later.

Having looked at the same HD content from Front Row connected to a 60-inch SXRD A2000, I was very curious how the Bravia XBR2 would compare. One of my favorite personal tests is the Cars trailer. On the A2000 the red of Lightning McQueen looked sickly over saturated. I wasn't sure if it was the TV or a byproduct of content intended to be viewed on a computer display.

Things were very different on the XBR2. The red looked much more to my liking and as I remember it from the film. I was very impressed with the greens. The scene in the trailer in which Lightning goes into the cacti looked especially good. All of the HD content I brought looked very life-like. The Roving Mars trailer and the BBC Motion Gallery-Japan were probably the best. Of course animation like Ratatouille always looks good in HD. For my own set, I would tweak the colors slightly less saturated.

One of the nice side benefits of using Front Row on a Mac is that the DVD playing software seems to be a very good replacement to an upscaling DVD player. The software knows how to scale the DVD video image from the original 480 vertical lines up to whatever output device the software is targeting, be it a 12-inch iBook to a 30-inch Cinema Display. Also, any Mac with optical audio output should just pass the sound data to the receiver.

I agree with previous posters that plain text, especially at small sizes, doesn't look that good. I noticed it most for white text on black and vice versa. I also looked at some high quality Keynote presentations. The graphics that made up the presentation looked stellar. The text in the presentation looked a little edgy up close, but from about 9 feet it looked fine. Small text from an application like a text editor never really looked that good at any distance.

One of the major deficits for me of LCD and plasma televisions is the screen-door effect (SSE). I can usually see it easily from about 4 feet from the screen and have always noticed a graininess to the image displayed by older flat-panels. This is what drove me to consider the SXRD TVs. While there is very slight SSE from the Bravia it is indiscernible at about 1 foot from the screen.

I intended to test the Bravia's ability to deinterlace video using VLC and following I found in post 87 of the "New Sony A2000" thread (The site won't let me post a link as this is my first posting). When I displayed the test patterns on the Bravia, everything looked perfect! Another customer was watching me and asked if I could connect the MacBook to one of the new Samsung LCD TVs, I don't know which model exactly, but one of the Bravia's competitors.

After connecting to the Samsung, I noticed that the Display System Preference listed the resolution at 1920 x 1080 (interlaced). I had not noticed that on the Bravia. What I ultimately found out is that when the MacBook Pro was connected to the Samsung there was no way for me to specify a 1080p resolution. For the Bravia, there was no way for me to specify a 1080i resolution.

Not being able to send a 1080i signal to the Bravia made my deinterlacing test moot. I hope someone in this forum will run the tests linked above on the Bravia. By the way, the Samsung did not seem to handle the deinterlace test properly although I could not figure out how the get the Samsung and MacBook combination to display 1 for 1 pixels.

I was only able to produce 1080p, 720p, 480p, and 480i television resolutions using the MacBook Pro with the Bravia. Once I realized what was going on with the resolutions, I set the MacBook to output a 480p signal. This time I confirmed the signal using the display button on the TV's remote. Then I watched some of my older QuickTime content that has an original resolution of 640 horizontally. Such content was very watchable.

The only thing concerning me about this TV is the macroblocking that AndrewScott has experienced. I did not see display anomalies that looked anything as bad as what he points out. The 40-inch Bravia on the wall with all the other LCD TVs was the best of the bunch. It was being fed Discovery HD through components. It too did not display any anomalies.

If there's anything I should have been on the look out for, let me know what that might have been and I'll see if I can recall seeing it.

I'm really close on this purchase. Gotta have it in time for the Texas vs. Ohio State game.
post #290 of 3416 Old 08-24-2006, 11:36 PM

Quote:

I just wanted to say I was again at the SonyStyle store earlier this week and I again experienced macro blocking (this was a store in the Seattle area). Without my even asking, my wife who also was there noticed that there were "large squares" on the screen every once in a while. It is not that easy to see, and it only happens during rapid motion/changing, but is is undoubtedly there (I suspect that AndrewScott's new XBR2 will have the same problem).

I am not a video compression expert, but I might have an idea why this is happening (this could be completely wrong, and I apologize if this is the case). It might be that what we're (or at least some of us are) seeing is indeed compression artifacts, but that the other TVs do some extra processing that smooths out the image during times of rapid transition. If the compression blocking is in the signal, and a video processor implements a form of spatial low-pass filter, but activates that filter only during rapid motion, I think that would significantly reduce the perceived blocking since 1) it happens only occasionally, and 2) during rapid motion, we're probably less able to perceive the spatial blurring that would be caused by the low pass filter. Perhaps the sony XBR2 does not do this low-pass filtering/blurring and so is better preserving the macro blocking inherent in the signal. Our visual perceptual system is quite sensitive to sharp edges, so perhaps that is what we're seeing.

One way to verify this is to have a completely *uncompressed* video source drive the XBR2. AndrewScott, in your experiments, are there any cases where you are absolutely sure that your source is not compressed (i.e., I could imagine a video game driving it via VGA or something like that)?

In any event, I'm sure that *many* of us here are interested in what happens when you get your new XBR2, we're waiting at the edge of our keyboards :-)

Good luck ...
post #291 of 3416 Old 08-25-2006, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korte View Post

I connected the notebook to the TV using a Monster DVI to HDMI cable.

After connecting to the Samsung, I noticed that the Display System Preference listed the resolution at 1920 x 1080 (interlaced). I had not noticed that on the Bravia. What I ultimately found out is that when the MacBook Pro was connected to the Samsung there was no way for me to specify a 1080p resolution. For the Bravia, there was no way for me to specify a 1080i resolution.

I could not figure out how the get the Samsung and MacBook combination to display 1 for 1 pixels.

Thanks for the detailed testing. I'd love to see you perform similar tests over VGA and see how you compare the two.

I will add that at this time no one on these boards has been able to achieve 1 for 1 on the latest SAMSUNGS (don't want this being mistaken and opening up another run of can the XBR achieve 1 to 1...)
post #292 of 3416 Old 08-25-2006, 03:37 AM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdilliker View Post

Any owners also own a Harmony remote? Are there discrete codes for power on, power off, input selection?

Yes, Harmony has discrete codes for power on, power off, and inputs (video 1-7 and TV tuner). However there are no discrete codes for video 8 or 9.

I also have the Sony RM-AX1400 and it has the same discrete codes. It appears to have a video 8, but it doesn't work on the XBR2. I called Sony tech support and was told there are no discrete codes for video 8 and video 9 on the XBR2, but I find that difficult to believe.

Bill Julyan
post #293 of 3416 Old 08-25-2006, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJulyan View Post

Yes, Harmony has discrete codes for power on, power off, and inputs (video 1-7 and TV tuner). However there are no discrete codes for video 8 or 9.

I also have the Sony RM-AX1400 and it has the same discrete codes. It appears to have a video 8, but it doesn't work on the XBR2. I called Sony tech support and was told there are no discrete codes for video 8 and video 9 on the XBR2, but I find that difficult to believe.

Thanks for the heads up, my XBR3 should be here any day now and I'll see if I can get discrete codes for those inputs.
post #294 of 3416 Old 08-25-2006, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredDominic View Post

. . . I again experienced macro blocking. . . It might be that what we're (or at least some of us are) seeing is indeed compression artifacts, but that the other TVs do some extra processing that smooths out the image during times of rapid transition. . . . One way to verify this is to have a completely *uncompressed* video source drive the XBR2. . . .

You might be right. I'm unclear about whether "macroblocks" are the direct screen representation of raw image data from the compressed signal or the consequence of the TV's processor trying to interpolate missing pixels in the compressed data stream.
I haven't input a completly uncompressed source but: The most severe macroblocking examples I see are during football where players jog across the frame or the camera pans rapidly. I've watched a bit of two games on each of four stations and conclude that not all signals are of the same quality. There is fairly radical macroblocking on CBS and NBC. However, ESPN exhibited very little and it seemed nonexistent on FOX last night.
I'm definitely keeping (and enjoying) my XBR2. I recorded Discovery's Blue Realm of toxic underwater life and will probably rewatch it 10 times this weekend!
Byrne
post #295 of 3416 Old 08-25-2006, 08:02 AM

so has anybody here played XBOX or 360 (or any video games) and played any games on it and experienced severe or obvious motion blur very frequently??

post #296 of 3416 Old 08-25-2006, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin-Man View Post

so has anybody here played XBOX or 360 (or any video games) and played any games on it and experienced severe or obvious motion blur very frequently??

I think it was already addressed here in this forum or the other forum around page 35 (maybe a couple pages before or after ... just look for the xbox 360 screenshots. verdict is not often at all (i.e. certain titles have been described as "minimal").
post #297 of 3416 Old 08-25-2006, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MateriaRedux View Post

A friend suggested that I update CATALYST to latest version (6.8) to fix the HDMI issue, so I did. Big mistake!

After updating, I get this message on the lower left of the screen:

Unsupported signal.
Check your device output.

Connected my ACD and it works fine. Plugged it back to the TV and I still get the same message. Since I still have VGA connected, I switched to RGB input then I get this message from CATALYST:

HDMI-to-DVI Notification:
A HDMI-to-DVI display connection has been detected...

Now I get a blank screen on HDMI input. It's probably not the TV's fault. Just a heads-up to those using CATALYST.

I'm using Catalyst 6.8 with no problems.

Look at my prior posts or PM for specific setup.
post #298 of 3416 Old 08-25-2006, 08:44 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I'm unclear about whether "macroblocks" are the direct screen representation of raw image data from the compressed signal or the consequence of the TV's processor trying to interpolate missing pixels in the compressed data stream.

They are almost certainly present in the decompressed raw image data input across the HDMI interface. Typically, the only interpolation that takes place in the XBR2 is in the motion adaptive deinterlacing circuit.

To recreate a missing scan line for progressive display, the deinterlacer will catagorize certain screen regions as either still or in motion. For those areas experiencing object motion, a spatial interpolation is performed using pixels from the scan lines immediately above and below the scan line being reconstructed. For those areas that are not in motion, a temporal interpolation is often performed using pixel data from the same scan line in the preceding and succeeding fields.

Neither type of interpolation looks at blocks of pels in the same field and thus it is highly unlikely that it is the deitnerlacer/scaler creating these artifacts. The observed blocking artifacts are almost certainly generated by the MPEG decoder in the cable/satellite box and are the result of insufficent bandwidth in the signal to code the DCT data for the 8x8 blocks. Stated differently, during sudden sceen changes or object motion, it takes more bits to accurately code all the 8x8 blocks that have suddenly become different than those in the preceding frame. Due to channel bandwidth limitations, the MPEG encoder at the cable company is forced to truncate the resolution of the DCT block data and this results in the appearance of the block edges in the decoded and displayed signal.

There is the possibility that some of the noise reduction circuits in the Sony may create or emphasize the blocking and/or blurring problems being observed. It is difficult to know because Sony does not explain how these circuits (e.g. DRC) work. Nor is it clear that they can be entirely defeated by the user. To give an example, some video processing noise reduction circuits use 3-D temporal filtering. Simplistically, this reduces image noise by calculating the intensity of a pixel using a weighted average of the pixel's intensity in the present frame as well as in the immediately preceding frame(s). This technique works very well for still images, however it can cause blurring during object movement because the intensities of pixels at locations where an object was previously located are still influenced by the pixel intensities of the object even though the object has moved away.
post #299 of 3416 Old 08-25-2006, 09:08 AM

1) I just got my 46XBR2, along with DTV HD hook up. Trying to tweak with the settings. Wanted to know if anyone with DTV is really satisfied with their setup and if they could post their settings?

2) My DTV picture is being fed thru VIDEO 5 for some reason. Anyone else's doing that? Can I change this?

.....Im a completely noob when it comes to this kind of technology (its my first HDtv) and would really appreciate any feed back. Thanks.

-Anthony
post #300 of 3416 Old 08-25-2006, 09:17 AM

A year ago, when I occasionally saw ESPN HD (i don't care about sports), i noticed they had ESPN logos as side bars because a lot of their content wasn't broadcast in 16:9. If the bars you see are black, then maybe it's a setting change, but otherwise it's likely that the show they had on was not 16:9.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Kds R70xbr2 70 Inch Sxrd Xbr Rear Projection Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr Series Kdl 46xbr2 46 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 46xbr2 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page