Official Sony 40",46" XBR2, XBR3 - Owner's Thread - Page 114 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3391 of 3400 Old 10-19-2009, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneo View Post

I can't find "advanced settings" on my xbr2. Where are they?

Also, I see there's a cinemotion option that is shaded grey, and not selectable. What's up with that?

anyone?

The advanced settings is the last thing listed in the picture menu. Cinemotion can only be used on things like SDTV and 480i signals(maybe 480p but I never used this setting).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3400 Old 11-21-2009, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Purchased Sony KDL 46 XBR9 from US Appliances... they have a 48 hour open box and inspect merchandise... anyway plugged TV in got significant "clouding" and what i notice now is a crease like defect in center of LCD... did not notice this initially as i could not see it unless at an angle with picture turned off. Very subtle, but has to have been from shipping. Sony is recommending service as it is under warranty (they do not know about screen crease... as i have just found it)... US appliance i anticipate will not discuss the issue as it is past their 48 hour disclaimer... have 30 day exchange with 15% restock fee. ANy suggestions... will Sony replace TV themselves if not fixable even though purchased through US appliances

Thanks guys
post #3393 of 3400 Old 12-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Azz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar Dog View Post

You are correct. Here are the links to Sony's service manuals that verify you findings:

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/KDL52XBR3_sm.pdf

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/KDL46XBR2_sm.pdf

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/KDL46XBR3_sm.pdf

Sorry to drag up an old thread though having scoured the net for the last day I had to push the help button..

I need to do a Picture Position adjustment 2 pixels to the right on a KDL-40X2000/XBR2 and have scoured the service menu for the apropriate key and havent been able to find anything that comes close to the setting.

Can someone please help me out with a copy of the service manual for this set (I'd say screen size doesnt matter) or share with me the key/item and it's location?

Thanks in advance for any help and may you all have a safe and happy festive season.

Aaron
post #3394 of 3400 Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 PM

Sorry to bring this back up

I have the Sony KDL 46X3100 and I am getting some fan noise from it

How can this be fixed? Anyone know or experienced this? I know it does state in the manual that its meant to be there but it should not be this loud

Hope someone can help me out
post #3395 of 3400 Old 08-18-2011, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This just started. Is this an easy fix? Any info appreciated!
LL
post #3396 of 3400 Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiOS ConVert View Post

Actually it is the other way around - the Sony not being able to do 24fps is because these models came out prior to that being standard... It sucks - trust me, I know as I've spent hours on the phone with Sony tech support...

Been wondering about this for 6 years. Mine won't even display 1080p movies from DTV ppv anymore even though the 1080p tick box is checked in the DTV Resolution settings. The interesting thing is prior to getting the new DTV Genie my old DVR would not allow me to check the 1080p tick box yet I could watch 1080p ppv movies. Now I have the exact opposite issue. Maddening!
post #3397 of 3400 Old 06-16-2013, 10:53 PM

had my 46' xbr2 since launch and had 0 problems with it. use it daily as well
post #3398 of 3400 Old 06-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 64
KDL46XBR2--This is now my secondary tv (primary is an NX810). The XBR2 still works great. Here is my question---it appears (from using test discs) that the xvYCC circuit/software is activated in this set. I would like to turn this option off. I've searched the menus on the tv and cannot find any setting to deactivate this. I've searched these forums (and the web) and cannot find anything about this for this model tv. Does anybody have any info about this? Any way to turn this off? Is there a way in the service menu to turn this off? If so, how would I access the service menu? Thanks for any help on this topic.
post #3399 of 3400 Old 05-06-2014, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 14
HELP. I have KDL-46XBR3 that's has been promoted to the guest bedroom.

I currently have a DirectTV media server, connected to it via an HDMI cable. I've purchased a Sonos Soundbar for better sound quality etc. Plus I have other Sonos components and am quite happy with them.

Anyways connect the digital out (optical) via toslink cable to the input on the Sonos Soundbar, then worked my way thru the setup. The setup screen indicated it did not detect a signal coming from the tv.

But according to the manual, the Digital out (optical) is only available for digital channels.

Time to return the Sonos Soundbar?

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
post #3400 of 3400 Old 08-22-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_max View Post
This just started. Is this an easy fix? Any info appreciated!
It's very common with the xbr2-4 and sony offers zero support. In fact they know it is an issue and fall back on it's an older tv and how long do you really expect our tv's to last. The sony forums have a long thread about this issue. http://community.sony.com/t5/Televis...ht/false#M5944
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Kds R70xbr2 70 Inch Sxrd Xbr Rear Projection Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr Series Kdl 46xbr2 46 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread