Forum Jump: 

post #4591 of 4615 Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistline View Post

Just scan can be accessed when you access Picture Mode, It will be one of the options --wide fit, wide fit zoom, zoom, 16:9, and finally JustScan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Kenny View Post

Finally had the upgrade work. I re-formatted my flash drive and instead of running the .EXE on the drive, I expanded it to a file then copied the files over.... How do I find JustScan? I can't find it. The TV now works with BD-ROM 24p as-is...

Awesome, thanks guys!

For a 6+ year old TV, this thing has been awesome. *knock on wood* no complaints and no issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 4615 Old 12-15-2012, 09:17 AM

Liked: 11

White pixels, thousands of black jumping "grains of rice." - so bad it is not only annoying but obscuring the picture. So . . . have decided to upgrade to a 3-D Panasonic. Tried using compressed air to clean the screen and the mirror, but no joy.
post #4593 of 4615 Old 12-15-2012, 06:12 PM

Mirror?

av-n
post #4594 of 4615 Old 12-15-2012, 06:53 PM

Or whatever is in there - was doing it through the air slats.
post #4595 of 4615 Old 04-23-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4SMX View Post

***DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY INSTALL THE WRONG FIRMWARE FOR YOUR MODEL***

Hello all. This has been a very helpful thread!

Sadly I was too confident to double check the model number of my TV and successfully flashed the '96D firmware onto my (previously) working '95D and am now stuck with a nice brick. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to manually flash the correct firmware onto this set. I'm a fairly competent electrical engineer (except when I'm not reading model numbers apparently...) and have access to a flash reader/writer so I could desolder the firmware memory chip if someone happens to have the firmware binary. Any help would be much appreciated. I feel bad recycling this perfectly good TV because of a software issue!
post #4596 of 4615 Old 04-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Morrison View Post

Hello all. This has been a very helpful thread!

Sadly I was too confident to double check the model number of my TV and successfully flashed the '96D firmware onto my (previously) working '95D and am now stuck with a nice brick. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to manually flash the correct firmware onto this set. I'm a fairly competent electrical engineer (except when I'm not reading model numbers apparently...) and have access to a flash reader/writer so I could desolder the firmware memory chip if someone happens to have the firmware binary. Any help would be much appreciated. I feel bad recycling this perfectly good TV because of a software issue!

If you are unable to find the binary I have heard of people on this forum buying a new circuit board for pretty cheap.
post #4597 of 4615 Old 12-23-2013, 11:31 PM

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread so please forgive that, but please bear with me, as I not technically inclined in such matters I am afraid.

A friend if mine recently had issue with his LNS4095. Apparently the issue was the mainboard and after replacement it seemed to work just fine, but due to warranty etc he somehow ended up with a brand new set, leaving moi with the old busted one. If I can get my hands on a new mainboard for a relatively low price then I will be able to finally join those enjoying HDTV. To that end, does anyone have a reliable source as to where I can purchase one of these NEW replacement boards ?

I have seen various Youtube videos on the physical replacement procedure which does not seem all that difficult, however I would prefer a NEW board rather than used, only to perhaps suffer the same issue again.

Many thanks, Fin.
post #4598 of 4615 Old 12-24-2013, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I believe this is what you're looking for:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Samsung-Parts/Television-Parts/BN94-01040C/0057/528/Model-LNS4095DXXAA/1482/0333600?keySuffixId=&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=50033955&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=&searchModelNumber=LNS4095DXXAA&subCompDesc=Cabinet%20assy&brandDesc=SAMSUNG&modelDesc=LCD%20TV&blt=11&shdMod=LNS4095DX/XAA&keyId=

New, but expensive. For that price, you could get a completely new 40". As much as I love my classic LNS4695D, it's just too old to justify spending so much money. Based on price points, a used part might have to suffice.
post #4599 of 4615 Old 12-25-2013, 07:08 PM

Thanks for that, at that cost you are absolutely right. Will have to have a serious think about this and a look at what parts are available.
Thanks again.
post #4600 of 4615 Old 01-07-2014, 12:41 PM

i have the LNS4096DX/XAA TV.  looking for a mainboard replacement for this TV.  the one installed is BN94-01008F.  i cannot find a replacement online and wondering if there is another compatible board for this TV.  i can find BN94-01008D and BN94-01008G.  any suggestions?

thanks

john

post #4601 of 4615 Old 01-15-2014, 08:52 PM

For anyone connecting a PC over HDMI and having to use desktop resizingpage 69 post #2044 of 4600 4/12/07 at 6:01am by ​K4SMX contains firmware instructions that worked like a charm.

Edges of text/etc still seem a bit too vibrant like before (compared to VGA), but it's definitely an improvement with the added "just scan" option. Prior to this, using resizing and ending up with some off-key 190Xx100X resolution was bothersome and seemed like an impartial fix. This will either work to your satisfaction or at least improve the situation. This person deserves a drink and a call the next day, they've helped breathe a bit of new life into an older TV set until UHDTV becomes a bit more affordable.

Complaints about edges aside, I created an account to thank this person and haven't recalibrated my TV at all yet with the input from the PC. The PS3 menu looked normal for the brief time it was loaded, having said that I'm sure I'll have to re-adjust a few games' screen size settings now as well.

I just wanted to show my gratitude for their in-depth and easy to follow guide.

LNS4095D

post #4602 of 4615 Old 04-20-2014, 11:52 PM

So I'm resurrecting this thread because my LN-S4095D started acting up recently after finding this thread and (successfully) updating its firmware to Ver. 1026. As has been noted in this thread many, many times, I had a vertical line of colored pixels show up on the right side of my TV with JustScan on. Not a huge deal, easily ignored.

However, the update has also caused significant levels of green noise on my screen. It's mostly invisible from viewing distance on almost all of the screen. However, if certain shades of grey or dark areas are on the screen, the green noise is far more visible. It appears to be pulsing in and out of the screen. It's difficult to describe it, so I took a picture. It doesn't really show how the noise pulses in and out, but it'll at least give you an idea of what it looks like. 

I've tried both of my HDMI ports, different HDMI cables, different devices, connected directly to my TV or through my receiver, and none of it makes a difference. The issue does temporarily get better if you change sources or unplug and plug back in the cable, but it will eventually get bad again. 

Does anyone else have a similar issue and know what may be causing it or any way to fix it? It's almost invisible most of the time, but whenever there are significant levels of greys on the screen, everything looks green. It's very distracting. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

post #4603 of 4615 Old 04-21-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFelafel View Post

So I'm resurrecting this thread because my LN-S4095D started acting up recently after finding this thread and (successfully) updating its firmware to Ver. 1026. As has been noted in this thread many, many times, I had a vertical line of colored pixels show up on the right side of my TV with JustScan on. Not a huge deal, easily ignored.

However, the update has also caused significant levels of green noise on my screen. It's mostly invisible from viewing distance on almost all of the screen. However, if certain shades of grey or dark areas are on the screen, the green noise is far more visible. It appears to be pulsing in and out of the screen. It's difficult to describe it, so I took a picture. It doesn't really show how the noise pulses in and out, but it'll at least give you an idea of what it looks like. 

I've tried both of my HDMI ports, different HDMI cables, different devices, connected directly to my TV or through my receiver, and none of it makes a difference. The issue does temporarily get better if you change sources or unplug and plug back in the cable, but it will eventually get bad again. 

Does anyone else have a similar issue and know what may be causing it or any way to fix it? It's almost invisible most of the time, but whenever there are significant levels of greys on the screen, everything looks green. It's very distracting. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
What is your source signal?

I have the same problem with 1080p 60Hz:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/722482/official-samsung-ln-s4095-4695-4096-4696-owners-thread/4560#post_21686522
post #4604 of 4615 Old 04-21-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelhuts View Post

What is your source signal?

I have the same problem with 1080p 60Hz:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/722482/official-samsung-ln-s4095-4695-4096-4696-owners-thread/4560#post_21686522

I saw your post when trying to find a solution to this problem. I'm in the same boat, 1080p @ 60Hz. I haven't had the chance to try a 24Hz signal yet, but I'll post here when I do if, like yourself, the issue doesn't occur then.

post #4605 of 4615 Old 04-21-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFelafel View Post

I saw your post when trying to find a solution to this problem. I'm in the same boat, 1080p @ 60Hz. I haven't had the chance to try a 24Hz signal yet, but I'll post here when I do if, like yourself, the issue doesn't occur then.
I think we're really SOL when it comes down to it.

We can either:
  1. Live with it.
  2. Get a replacement board
  3. Buy a new set

Considering its age and current market pricing, I think only 1 and 3 are viable. And if it bothers you as much as it does me sometimes, that leaves only 3.
post #4606 of 4615 Old 04-21-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:

I think we're really SOL when it comes down to it.

We can either:
  1. Live with it.
  2. Get a replacement board
  3. Buy a new set

Considering its age and current market pricing, I think only 1 and 3 are viable. And if it bothers you as much as it does me sometimes, that leaves only 3.

Sure seems that way. Do you know for a fact that replacing the board would fix the issue and that it's not an issue with the panel itself? Seems like a board issue, but I'd sure like to know for sure. Don't really have the money for a new TV, and the issue is causing me a lot of annoyance, so I think I'll look into just buying a new board.

post #4607 of 4615 Old 04-21-2014, 11:37 AM

Well I can't be sure it's a new board - just a best guess based on the experiences here.

If it is the board, the price of one (if you can find it) isn't substantially less than that of a new TV.
post #4608 of 4615 Old 04-21-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:

Well I can't be sure it's a new board - just a best guess based on the experiences here.

If it is the board, the price of one (if you can find it) isn't substantially less than that of a new TV.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, it's not cheap. I found one for around $350, so definitely not a small chunk of change.

post #4609 of 4615 Old 04-21-2014, 12:22 PM

If I'm understanding correctly my 4095 started doing this prior to my recent firmware update. At first I thought the firmware update corrected it, but I was mistaken. It seems like a constant/moving digital "noise", almost similar to when a signal temporarily cuts out on a TV station but more persistent and much more subtle.

I ended up buying a new set altogether. It's a shame, the 4095 was a great TV for all those years. Boxing day flyers are just so perdy looking.

For what it's worth, here's what I'd tried and/or noticed:

The Just-scan option still did exactly what I wanted in terms of scaling. However it seemed to make this "noise" much more prevalent. If you're not having this issue, I'd say it's still worth upgrading if you're connecting the TV to a PC via dvi/hdmi.

Swapping cables did not work, purchasing new cables didn't either. (Keep in mind my current cables were cheap 10$ ones, but they (still) have no issues with other devices/TVs. The new cables I ordered were monoprice's redmere cables, so also inexpensive)

I'd also tried using ferite cores on either end of the power cables and on each end of the power cables. Grasping at straws I'd also tried this on the HDMI cables in use as well. The 4095 has a ferrite core built into it as well near the AC port.

I've tried connecting ONLY my PS3 and TV to a powerbar and directly to an outlet. I'd also tried powering it from a separate outlet as well as a different power bar in another 3rd outlet. 

VGA connections running at 1920x1080 worked without this noise either, although the picture quality was worse. Keep in mind you can't play HDCP content with a VGA cable anyway.

Powering off the set for a period of time and turning it back on made the problem go away temporarily, although it slowly came back afterwards. My first thought was heat, so I removed the back panel to check for dust/etc; nothing appeared out of order. I couldn't see any capacitors swelling/etc either, although I'm hardly an expert.

I don't think ambient heat would have been an issue. The position/environment the TV in hadn't changed at all, and this was during the winter so the apartment would have been cooler than it was on average.

1080p signals specifically had this issue. 1080i and 720p both worked flawlessly. One thing I hadn't specifically tried, or don't recall in enough detail is trying 24hz and 60hz signals separately. That might be your magic bullet for this.

post #4610 of 4615 Old 04-21-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdaw View Post

If I'm understanding correctly my 4095 started doing this prior to my recent firmware update. At first I thought the firmware update corrected it, but I was mistaken. It seems like a constant/moving digital "noise", almost similar to when a signal temporarily cuts out on a TV station but more persistent and much more subtle.

I ended up buying a new set altogether. It's a shame, the 4095 was a great TV for all those years. Boxing day flyers are just so perdy looking.

For what it's worth, here's what I'd tried and/or noticed:

The Just-scan option still did exactly what I wanted in terms of scaling. However it seemed to make this "noise" much more prevalent. If you're not having this issue, I'd say it's still worth upgrading if you're connecting the TV to a PC via dvi/hdmi.

Swapping cables did not work, purchasing new cables didn't either. (Keep in mind my current cables were cheap 10$ ones, but they (still) have no issues with other devices/TVs. The new cables I ordered were monoprice's redmere cables, so also inexpensive)

I'd also tried using ferite cores on either end of the power cables and on each end of the power cables. Grasping at straws I'd also tried this on the HDMI cables in use as well. The 4095 has a ferrite core built into it as well near the AC port.

I've tried connecting ONLY my PS3 and TV to a powerbar and directly to an outlet. I'd also tried powering it from a separate outlet as well as a different power bar in another 3rd outlet. 

VGA connections running at 1920x1080 worked without this noise either, although the picture quality was worse. Keep in mind you can't play HDCP content with a VGA cable anyway.

Powering off the set for a period of time and turning it back on made the problem go away temporarily, although it slowly came back afterwards. My first thought was heat, so I removed the back panel to check for dust/etc; nothing appeared out of order. I couldn't see any capacitors swelling/etc either, although I'm hardly an expert.

I don't think ambient heat would have been an issue. The position/environment the TV in hadn't changed at all, and this was during the winter so the apartment would have been cooler than it was on average.

1080p signals specifically had this issue. 1080i and 720p both worked flawlessly. One thing I hadn't specifically tried, or don't recall in enough detail is trying 24hz and 60hz signals separately. That might be your magic bullet for this.

Very helpful writeup! I've ended up trying a lot of what you tried, and came to the same conclusions/ended up with the same results, which is both comforting and frustrating. I've now tried a 24Hz signal and, as thought, it worked flawlessly. 1080i had the same issue, albeit less than 1080p, so running my devices Interlaced won't really help. It's very bizarre how the issue gets worse the longer the TV is on. 

post #4611 of 4615 Old 04-21-2014, 12:48 PM

Ahh, good to know. I still haven't done away with the TV so I'll have to try that myself. I'm sure I can find a way to put it to use. :)

post #4612 of 4615 Old 04-22-2014, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdaw View Post

Ahh, good to know. I still haven't done away with the TV so I'll have to try that myself. I'm sure I can find a way to put it to use. :)

Yeah, it's great that we can still watch movies on the thing with no noise problems, but it's hardly a solution for myself, as most of what I have running on my TV is 60Hz.

post #4613 of 4615 Old 04-29-2014, 07:02 AM

Liked: 14
Quick question. Does anyone know where I can obtain screw to mount my tv back to the base? It used to be on the wall now I want it back on the base.
post #4614 of 4615 Old 04-29-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchless21 View Post

Quick question. Does anyone know where I can obtain screw to mount my tv back to the base? It used to be on the wall now I want it back on the base.

Any hardware store. I recently went thru this process, but I forget the specifics - screws were a lot shorter than I thought they would be.

Call Samsung support and they can tell you the screw's size info. They'll try to point you to their store, but will also give you the info.

wisdom is the domain of the wis (FZ)
some things i know some things i don't
post #4615 of 4615 Old 04-29-2014, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I remember lusting after these Samsungs at the Best Buy back when Best Buy was a wonderland of toys, before the internet killed it. It's one of the first sets that I actually looked at a model number.

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Ln S4095d 40 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln S4695d 46 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page