Official Sharp Aquos 42D62U/46D62U/52D62U Owner's Thread (NO PRICE TALK!) - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick30 View Post

I have a very important question, that I have not seen asked or spoken about in any thread on the Sharp flat panels...how are you protecting these sets against power surges.. with all of these panels that are now on walls etc..how do you incorporate surge protection into the outlets..I'm sure it would not look so good with a huge power strip hanging out of the wall..for those that have these new 52's (hopefully, I will soon), how are you addressing this important issue?

After my second time checking out the 52 at BB today, I asked that question and was told I should have a surge protector rated at least 1650 Joules. Price was $99 for strip, $249 for rack mount. Stopped by Costco on the way home and picked up a strip surge protector designed for HDTV and it was rated at 3900 Joules... cost: $39.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 04:38 PM

For the 42" owners, here are my settings:

OPC Off
Backlight: +12
Contrast: +32
Brightness: 0
Color: -1
Tint" +8
Sharpness 0

Advanced Menu:

Color Temp: Mid-High
Black: On

Unfortunately, I'm still encountering the image washing out when not sitting directly in front of the TV. The store model didn't appear to do this. So, I'm taking this set back. I'm going to go with the 46" model. Hopefully I won't encounter the same issue.
post #183 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclassic View Post

For the 42" owners, here are my settings:

OPC Off
Backlight: +12
Contrast: +32
Brightness: 0
Color: -1
Tint" +8
Sharpness 0

Advanced Menu:

Color Temp: Mid-High
Black: On

Unfortunately, I'm still encountering the image washing out when not sitting directly in front of the TV. The store model didn't appear to do this. So, I'm taking this set back. I'm going to go with the 46" model. Hopefully I won't encounter the same issue.

Good move on returning this panel. The 46 does not suffer this issue.

the 42" panel is not made by sharp. hence the issues.
post #184 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=Bicster]Beware their return policy.[/QUOTE

If I buy the Sharp 52", I will buy it at Costco..no time limit, the best kind of policy I am hoping they get it in within the month..
post #185 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovan View Post

After years of waiting for the right HDTV I finally bought a 46D62U. I went today to my local CC to check the tv out. They gave me a deal I could not resist (it was borderline ridicilous), so I bought it on the spot. It is as good as XBR2 in the store settings. I'm sure I can get it even better by calibrating it using the settings posted here. My problem is that I have ZERO hdtv sources at the moment. I will test it today with regular cable, PS2 via S-Video , and a VCR via A/V I don't think I can feed worse signals than these. I think it's time to order an HD-A2

I'm so glad that this is finally over. I can go on with my normal life now (minus the search for th HD-A2 of course ).

--Tolovan

Congrats Tolovan...Can't wait to hear your impressions of your new toy! And given your savings You need to get your HD A2 pronto
Therese
post #186 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 05:19 PM

Quote:

After years of waiting for the right HDTV I finally bought a 46D62U. I went today to my local CC to check the tv out. They gave me a deal I could not resist (it was borderline ridicilous), so I bought it on the spot. It is as good as XBR2 in the store settings. I'm sure I can get it even better by calibrating it using the settings posted here. My problem is that I have ZERO hdtv sources at the moment. I will test it today with regular cable, PS2 via S-Video , and a VCR via A/V I don't think I can feed worse signals than these. I think it's time to order an HD-A2

I'm so glad that this is finally over. I can go on with my normal life now (minus the search for th HD-A2 of course ).

--Tolovan

Holy cow! That like saying you just bought a ferrari and want to take it for a spin in a 7-11 parking lot. Congrats on a great set now it's time to upgrade the rest of your equipment so you can enjoy it!
post #187 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

[quote=richard korsgren]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicster View Post

Beware their return policy.[/QUOTE

If I buy the Sharp 52", I will buy it at Costco..no time limit, the best kind of policy I am hoping they get it in within the month..

I read on the boards that someone had found that Costco will be carrying the version of the Sharp in 42/52. But it also said something about late NOV/early DEC. Is there new information that might have it coming in October? I too like the worry free/hassle free return policy of Costco

Therese
post #188 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 05:29 PM

[quote=wpwj40e]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard korsgren View Post

I read on the boards that someone had found that Costco will be carrying the version of the Sharp in 42/52. But it also said something about late NOV/early DEC. Is there new information that might have it coming in October? I too like the worry free/hassle free return policy of Costco

Therese

I am the one originally checked with Costco. I specifically asked 52" Sharp. Another member got the phone number from me and talked to Costco. He found out that Costco is trying to finalize the deal for 42"/52" NOT 46". Based on the input from COSTCO, the models will be available towards the end of November or Early December. I was told that they will start selling in Warehouses too.

Al
post #189 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

My problem is that I have ZERO hdtv sources at the moment.

Not true, your new TV has an HD tuner. Get an HDTV antenna, like the inexpensive Silver Sensor, and see what you can get.
post #190 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

[quote=amert20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpwj40e View Post

I am the one originally checked with Costco. I specifically asked 52" Sharp. Another member got the phone number from me and talked to Costco. He found out that Costco is trying to finalize the deal for 42"/52" NOT 46". Based on the input from COSTCO, the models will be available towards the end of November or Early December. I was told that they will start selling in Warehouses too.

Al

Thanks AL! Guess that will be too late for me

Therese
post #191 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I've never bought a TV from Costco, and I've seen people post that they change the model number around a little on the units they sell. Are the sets truly identical otherwise? Is there anything I'd loose if I bought a 52d62u from Costco vs other outlets? Are their prices historically competitive? I'm trying to figure out if I should hold out for this set to show up in Costco.
post #192 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 07:58 PM

On Fri the 6th we purchased the 52" for use in our office. We will primarily use it as a computer monitor, but there will be plenty of movie and sports viewing. We had ordered the 47" Westinghouse from CF, but got tired of waiting. Anyway, we were excited about the D62U's and when they arrived we pounced on one of the first 3 at the BB.

When we first set it up we noticed some dark horizontal bands. Nothing too terrible, but definitely noticable and certainly distracting once you know they are there. We just went back to BB and I think we are going to exchange it tomorrow. I tried to take a picture of the banding, but it's hard to see. It really shows up on solid gray. If anyone has seen this type of artifact before and can offer advice I'd appreciate it.

Otherwise, the 52d62u has been great. When connected to my Dell 9300 at 1920x1080 the display is awesome! All we have at work is OTA HD right now so testing has been limited. We haven't calibrated it yet, but even with rough settings upconverted DVD's look very good (Oppo OPDV971H). If we can get a panel that doesn't have the banding problem we will be very pleased with the Sharp.

If there is anything I can test to add to the thread let me know.

Greg
LL
LL
LL
post #193 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinraven View Post

Good move on returning this panel. The 46 does not suffer this issue.

the 42" panel is not made by sharp. hence the issues.

Why the hell do people keep saying this?
No one ever found out where the 42" are made, someone just mentioned they THINK that they MIGHT be made in China & everyone just rolled with that.
I seen more posts indicating that they were made in Sharp's plants then post about them being outscourced.
post #194 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

I've been playing with my 46D62U at home for the last 4 hours or so. It looks as good as the XBR's when playing the flash store demo loops. It looks excellent for SD and HD sources. Off axis viewing is incredible. It does wash out some at extreme angles but it's not bad at all. HTPC @ 1080p looks great (and HDCP works). I watched Sky Captain on the HD TiVo and it handled all the shadow detail just great. The HDnet test patterns are great too. I can read all 10 lines of text at about 10 feet! I am not as picky as Therese but I am very tough to please, and I think this set will please most anybody with a little adjusting. I still need more time to tweak, but I had to stop to let my wife watch Desparate Housewives

Only thing that puzzles me so far is that if I feed it Dolby Digital via HDMI, it complains that the audio isn't compatible. Any ideas there?
post #195 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

BTW any owners, can you tell me if you see any backlight leakage/bleeding?

that is an extreme case of bleeding, but can someone check the corners of their TV when the picture is purely black, you can easily see unever blacks

I also saw this pic posted:

It looks like the previous models in that the blacks are very muddy & dirty.
Everyone is talking about the slight red push that can be fixed, but no one wants to talk about the black levels.
post #196 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfer View Post

BTW any owners, can you tell me if you see any backlight leakage/bleeding?

that is an extreme case of bleeding, but can someone check the corners of their TV when the picture is purely black, you can easily see unever blacks

I also saw this pic posted:
Everyone is talking about the slight red push that can be fixed, but no one wants to talk about the black levels.

I just think that was a poor picture taken in a sunlight drenched room.

I have found the black levels to be very, very good and unless the source is muddy - the black levels appear very even with good detail.

Therese
post #197 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=2Channel]I've never bought a TV from Costco, and I've seen people post that they change the model number around a little on the units they sell. Are the sets truly identical otherwise? Is there anything I'd loose if I bought a 52d62u from Costco vs other outlets? Are their prices historically competitive? I'm trying to figure out if I should hold out for this set to show up in Costco.[/QUOTWhen

When Costco sells a particular tv, one or 2 little items may be changed. BB does the same thing with some they sell. In picture quality, etc. the sets are the same. Prices are generally not the very lowest but more than compete with BB and CC, etc. The warranty, alone, to my way of thinking is worth $500 and you pay nothing for it. I have much more peace of mind buying from costxo than from anyone else, even if I were to purchase an extented warranty.
post #198 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Whiz View Post

When we first set it up we noticed some dark horizontal bands. Nothing too terrible, but definitely noticable and certainly distracting once you know they are there. We just went back to BB and I think we are going to exchange it tomorrow. I tried to take a picture of the banding, but it's hard to see. It really shows up on solid gray. If anyone has seen this type of artifact before and can offer advice I'd appreciate it.

I've noticed the same on my 46d62u. In scenes where the camera moves vertically, they become most noticable. To visualize, if you drew two horizontal lines across the screen to split it into almost-equal thirds (the middle third being just a touch larger), the bands are right on those lines.

I've found that I can minimize the effect by adjusting the backlight/brightness/contrast, in that order. I've found that the bands are really only apparent during dark scenes, and NOT visible with bright material.

I can try to take a picture, but you really only pick up on it when there's motion involved, so that could prove to be more trouble than it's worth.

Given the great price I negotiated at BB, I don't think this is a deal-breaker, but like G-Whiz I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this. I may mosey over to my friendly neighborhood Costco to look at the V2500 if it really becomes a hangup for me.

That small issue aside, I LOVE the d62u so far. CBS' NFL broadcast on Sunday was just incredible, and my Oppo 971 arrives Weds. Additionally, I feel this LCD deals with SD channels and poor feeds MUCH better than any set I've seen over the past 3 months...in that regard it is considerably more versatile than the XBR2s and Samsungs I've viewed (take that with the grain of salt the viewings were in BB).

BTW, for the tweakers out there, you can access the D62U service menu using the same technique as their older TVs. I have verified that this works but was not brave enough to actually change any settings just yet:

http://www.bruzzi.ws/plasma-faq/showthread.php?t=153
post #199 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgrown View Post

I've noticed the same on my 46d62u. In scenes where the camera moves vertically, they become most noticable. To visualize, if you drew two horizontal lines across the screen to split it into almost-equal thirds (the middle third being just a touch larger), the bands are right on those lines.

I've found that I can minimize the effect by adjusting the backlight/brightness/contrast, in that order. I've found that the bands are really only apparent during dark scenes, and NOT visible with bright material.

I can try to take a picture, but you really only pick up on it when there's motion involved, so that could prove to be more trouble than it's worth.

Given the great price I negotiated at BB, I don't think this is a deal-breaker, but like G-Whiz I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this. I may mosey over to my friendly neighborhood Costco to look at the V2500 if it really becomes a hangup for me.

FWIW, the display model at BB does NOT show these bands. I'm taking it in tomorrow to see if I can get a unit that does not show this. In addition we found at least 8 dead/stuck pixels, however they are so small they are tough to notice.
post #200 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 09:37 PM
xwl

Quote:

Mine has a wall of windows/french doors behind it. Aproximately 25' of window space. The windows are on the east and in the AM - it is very bright. This is lower than grade (walkout basement) and so there is no direct sunlight - however there are no window coverings either.

There is a slight "sheen" on the Sharp panel. More so than I have seen on other LCD sets. As such during the day and in the conditions I described above - there is a very faint diffused glare that is seen when the panel is off. With a picture on - (Set on - showing anything) the glare disappears. We also have and will for a few more days a Plasma next to this. The glare(on the plasma) is substantially more so than on the LCD. Orders of magnitude more.

The set is very bright with the backlight up and no one that has viewed this in my house feels the sunlight causes any issues. This was one of the major reasons we went with an LCD for this room and glare or brightness to date have not been an issue for my family.

Therese

Thanks as6o and therese,

It seems that the sharp will be fine. I was worried as I do have a cheap 32"viewsonic LCD (3252) in my bedroom, tried it in my living room and really has problems during day time.

I will post the pic of my living room soon.
post #201 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just think that was a poor picture taken in a sunlight drenched room.

nope, pic I believe was taken in a completely dark room.
post #202 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 09:46 PM
MPF

wtfer:
The sharp pic was taken in a well lit room - that is from the [H]ocp forums post that is quite clearly well lit. I dont know about the vizio pic thou.

For those with the 42/46/52 with the banding:

Is the banding present on all inputs (sepcifically digital...) or just analog inputs?

Thanks!
MPF
post #203 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 09:55 PM
xwl

[quote=richard korsgren]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Channel View Post

I've never bought a TV from Costco, and I've seen people post that they change the model number around a little on the units they sell. Are the sets truly identical otherwise? Is there anything I'd loose if I bought a 52d62u from Costco vs other outlets? Are their prices historically competitive? I'm trying to figure out if I should hold out for this set to show up in Costco.[/QUOTWhen

When Costco sells a particular tv, one or 2 little items may be changed. BB does the same thing with some they sell. In picture quality, etc. the sets are the same. Prices are generally not the very lowest but more than compete with BB and CC, etc. The warranty, alone, to my way of thinking is worth $500 and you pay nothing for it. I have much more peace of mind buying from costxo than from anyone else, even if I were to purchase an extented warranty.

I totally agree, I will wait untill november/dec , hopefully they will carry them up here in Canada by then.
post #204 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Advanced Member

Well well well ! along with cdistasi , we decided to hit up best buy in LI city.

Meeting a stranger on the web hun !!?? The wife said to me. hehehe.

There is a Magnolia there, and on display was the 52".

I met cdistasi who was already standing there. smiling

So what do you think I asked him. He looked over and smiled....wow !!

The 52" was surrounded by a pany 50x600u , samsung 50" plasma and a pioneer elite plasma as well.

We stepped back and sufficed to say the 52 sharpy stole the show.

Beautiful design, awesome Pq, top not sexy design. damm How many times have I said this on this forum.

I made my way to the panel, only to realize that the feed was 720p which already we were more than happy with. ( multi-fed to over 20 sets in the magnolia section ) * using Direct Tv HD and SD on component.

To kill some time while the manager's interest went up.. he followed us and wondered if we were interested. duhhh !! ofcourse we are.

I have a small request....well 2 requests ehehe.

1 ) can you change the feed to SD ( the wife still loves gillmore girls )

2) what do i have to do get this in my house.

let me state that again. what do " we have to do, cdistasi and I to get these sets ...

1 hr later, dunno why the saleguy took so long, crunching numbers....blah...lets just say I should work for Sharp since I found that Therese tourough teachings ringing in my head. There was no need for the sales pitch, we knew what we wanted.

Somehow I Made cdistasi eye the 1080p pioneer receiver ..heheheh I am evil !

After drooling over it....screw this. let's get it.

so Total for us.

52" for me

46 for cdistasi + plus a pioneer 1080p receiver

I will get the receiver later.

So kindly consider us now, proud owner of the 62U line .......wooot !!

cdistasi looked at me, and said, I left my house with the intent to buy a small 20" lcd ( which I forgot to buy....ehehe) and ended up with a godsend 46" plus a top notch faroudja 1080p receiver. all for a LOW price. * no price quotess

We both get delivery this Wed.

Now to those issues of red, bleeding back light.....STOP IT !!

go to the stores. compare the sets, view it for yourself. Make sure the set is fed 720p or 1080i.

Now here is the Kicker and cdistasi will back me up. This set held its own against a 57" samsung , as well as a pioneer elite and a super nice Pany 600 50" plasma. in terms of blacks, whites, color reproduction and let me state........ZERO NOISE !!! f well minor, very minor hehehe.

As cdistasi " this is the first item I ever purchased with no buyers remorse. * I regret not getting his sweet @ss deal on his receiver.

Made our way to parking lot....jumping around like 2 japanese school girls...happy and grinning. I walked into the night home, to break the news to the wife...who is more than happy.

view pix below. No red push, nice blacks....I cant wait to run my 360 on this and cdistasi cant wait to get his Ps3.

no bleeding, AWESOME BLACKS... this pic does not do the set justice.

P.s: Therese THANK YOU for all your help, teaching and I look foward to many tweaks!!!
post #205 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:

No, it was very well lit. See this link. Did you actually look at the other photos than the one you posted???
post #206 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:

Why the hell do people keep saying this?
No one ever found out where the 42" are made, someone just mentioned they THINK that they MIGHT be made in China & everyone just rolled with that.
I seen more posts indicating that they were made in Sharp's plants then post about them being outscourced.

Most of the spec's on the 42" reflect previous gen models when you cross compare them- I view with dual monitors and I opened each specs in each window and cross comparing them it makes you wonder why they badged the 42" as a D62 it's specs reflect previous gen more than the 46"/52". Here's another reason: Press release in Tokyo:

Sharp, ChiMei to cross license LCD patents

Yoshiko Hara
EE Times
(02/10/2006 9:48 AM EST)

TOKYO Japan-based Sharp Corp. and Taiwan-based Chi Mei Optoelectronics have disclosed they have reached an agreement to cross-license their respective LCD patents. Both companies plan to iron out details on the five-year contract in March.
The agreement calls for both companies to allow each other to use the other's patents for LCD panels in PC monitors and TVs. Though analysts note that ChiMei ranks fourth in large LCD panel shipments while Sharp ranks seventh, Sharp has more patents. The cross-license agreement is expected to help both companies avoid patent infringement lawsuits.

Sharp has been looking for one or more LCD suppliers to outsource some of its LCD panels for TV sets. "We want to start outsourcing within this fiscal year," said Katsuhiko Machida, president of Sharp.

The agreement does not cover Sharp patents on advances such as its dual view technology.

Also, here's a follow-up Press Notice (CMO is Chi Mei Optoelectronics)
THT Research - Weekly OEM/ODM Newsletter
by
Jul 31, 2006

The Latest News on Global IT Contract Manufacturing from www.THTresearch.com

BRING ON THE ORDERS

Sharp LCD TV panel orders
CMO has received orders from Sharp for 42-inch LCD TV panels.
Now who knows where the 42" components are produced and then perhaps assembled in Mexico as most are. CMO has plants all over the world. I would guess either Taiwan or India and then Mexico. This is a process we're unlikely to uncover now that Mike53 has been banned and perhaps something they do not want to publicize in the first place.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #207 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:

Uh...You may want to look at the rest of the pics of the sharp from the other forum you are referencing. It is very bright in the room.

Therese knows what good black levels are and if she says they are good, they are good.
post #208 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 10:12 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

46 for cdistasi + plus a pioneer 1080p receiver[/b],

Congrats. BTW, which receiver did he get?

-Tom
post #209 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:

Well well well ! along with cdistasi , we decided to hit up best buy in LI city.

Meeting a stranger on the web hun !!?? The wife said to me. hehehe.

There is a Magnolia there, and on display was the 52".

I met cdistasi who was already standing there. smiling

So what do you think I asked him. He looked over and smiled....wow !!

The 52" was surrounded by a pany 50x600u , samsung 50" plasma and a pioneer elite plasma as well.

We stepped back and sufficed to say the 52 sharpy stole the show.

Beautiful design, awesome Pq, top not sexy design. damm How many times have I said this on this forum.

I made my way to the panel, only to realize that the feed was 720p which already we were more than happy with. ( multi-fed to over 20 sets in the magnolia section ) * using Direct Tv HD and SD on component.

To kill some time while the manager's interest went up.. he followed us and wondered if we were interested. duhhh !! ofcourse we are.

I have a small request....well 2 requests ehehe.

1 ) can you change the feed to SD ( the wife still loves gillmore girls )

2) what do i have to do get this in my house.

let me state that again. what do " we have to do, cdistasi and I to get these sets ...

1 hr later, dunno why the saleguy took so long, crunching numbers....blah...lets just say I should work for Sharp since I found that Therese tourough teachings ringing in my head. There was no need for the sales pitch, we knew what we wanted.

Somehow I Made cdistasi eye the 1080p pioneer receiver ..heheheh I am evil !

After drooling over it....screw this. let's get it.

so Total for us.

52" for me

46 for cdistasi + plus a pioneer 1080p receiver

I will get the receiver later.

So kindly consider us now, proud owner of the 62U line .......wooot !!

cdistasi looked at me, and said, I left my house with the intent to buy a small 20" lcd ( which I forgot to buy....ehehe) and ended up with a godsend 46" plus a top notch faroudja 1080p receiver. all for a LOW price. * no price quotess

We both get delivery this Wed.

Now to those issues of red, bleeding back light.....STOP IT !!

go to the stores. compare the sets, view it for yourself. Make sure the set is fed 720p or 1080i.

Now here is the Kicker and cdistasi will back me up. This set held its own against a 57" samsung , as well as a pioneer elite and a super nice Pany 600 50" plasma. in terms of blacks, whites, color reproduction and let me state........ZERO NOISE !!! f well minor, very minor hehehe.

As cdistasi " this is the first item I ever purchased with no buyers remorse. * I regret not getting his sweet @ss deal on his receiver.

Made our way to parking lot....jumping around like 2 japanese school girls...happy and grinning. I walked into the night home, to break the news to the wife...who is more than happy.

view pix below. No red push, nice blacks....I cant wait to run my 360 on this and cdistasi cant wait to get his Ps3.

P.s: Therese THANK YOU for all your help, teaching and I look foward to many tweaks!!!

That is so tight! The set looks AMAZING! Congrats

DROOL...Those blacks are very nice.
post #210 of 12250 Old 10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
xwl

Congrats Shinraven,

That looks sick! I can't wait to get mine.....oh will christmas be sweet this year

Therese,

Here is what I mean by bright, I plan to put the tv in the corner, above where the current CRT is:

(sorry about the quality, it's from my camera phone)

Yes, I'm getting sun filtering blinds.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc42d62u 42 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page