Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1504 Old 01-05-2008, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1. The "Model" you have.
Philips 47PFL7432D/37

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model.
Ambilight, 1080p, price.

3. What you like best about your LCD.
Ambilight.

4. What you don't like about your LCD.
too new to tell

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had.
120Mhz refresh. PIP would be nice.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD.
none yet.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD.
none yet.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.
i'm happy with the philips however with today's lack of content, i think most folks would do fine with 720p

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1504 Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Sharp Aquos LC-42D43U

It was a gift.

Great picture for gaming. I haven't tried HD tv service on it yet.

I wish the blacks were blacker

I can't think of anything I would add to it

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD.
Move the input connections to an easier to reach spot so you don't have to move the tv to change connections.

The tv was the surprise 8-D

No issues yet

Yes

post #543 of 1504 Old 01-06-2008, 10:04 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung LNT4061F

Price ($999 day after Christmas), Reputation, 1080P

Football in HD on it...looks sweet

Nothing so far.

120Mhz refresh and LED backlighting

Nothing a very good LCD

none yet.
Watching football in HD on it

none yet.
None so far

Yes

post #544 of 1504 Old 01-07-2008, 01:34 PM

Liked: 11
1. The "Model" you have. (olevia 537h)

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. (the price and the size of screen, also the reviews)

3. What you like best about your LCD. (The PQ that is as good as a crt when in SD but Incredible when in HD)

4. What you don't like about your LCD. (the black levels in very dark scenes can be annoying)

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. (1080p)

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. (none really, Its a great tv for the price)

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. (the HD quality, amazing)

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD.( NONE)

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. ( for my brand of tv, YES)

check my about me to see my HT gear

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/member.php?u=7747546
post #545 of 1504 Old 01-07-2008, 08:43 PM

1. The "Model" you have. Sony Bravia KDL-40XBR4

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. It has the best looking picture of all of the TVs I looked at, and there were many.

3. What you like best about your LCD. The beautiful, clean, clear, picture.

4. What you don't like about your LCD. I love everything about it.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. It has them all.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. Lower the price!

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. How pretty it looked even when it was off.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD. None at all.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. For sure.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. If you are going to spend big bucks on an LCD HDTV, buy the best, buy a Sony XBR.
post #546 of 1504 Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 PM

1. The "Model" you have. (Toshiba 47HL167)

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. (the price and the size of screen, )

3. What you like best about your LCD. (Incredible in HD, SD is so so.)

4. What you don't like about your LCD. (1080p)

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. (PIP)

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. (SD performance needs some work)

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. (the HD quality, amazing)

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD.( NONE)

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. (1080p/47'' at a 42'' price)

post #547 of 1504 Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

The Sharp LC46D82U

A few things. Firstly, the size and viewing distance of my room. One of the regrets some people seem to have is the size of their tv (they regretted not buying a bigger tv). Much research showed that, with my viewing distance, a 46 inch tv was a really good size. Secondly, I compared screen quality images on multiple tvs, including Sony, Sammy's, and Panny's. The Sharps had the best image quality, with the Sony BXR series just behind it.

The image quality. Combined with the minimized glare on the screen, along with Sharp's 120 Mhz (which works pretty darn well), you get a really great image.

Like every Sharp, the tv has banding'. But luckily, it's very unnoticeable unless the entire screen turns to a light grey colour, which the PS3 uses during a few points of its setup/installation. There are about 15 bands running vertically through the entire screen. Someone who knows nothing about bands might actually notice the two on the far sides of the screen next to the edges - they're the worst. But the other 13, well, you have to be a total nut and know exactly what to look for to see them. Unfortunately for me, I do. Lol The great thing is though, looking at the big picture, you cannot see the bands during normal viewing unless you have exactly the right colour image on the tv. 99% of the time you can't see the bands.

I have no idea! I like it a lot.

Well, it's minor, but get rid of the banding' problem. For some unlucky buyers, they've had to return their tvs because of it. Solve the problem please

When I was putting my Bell-O stand together I swung a heavy glass piece around and slammed it into the center of my LCD - which was sitting propped up on the floor at the time. SMACK!! Ohhhh $*(#&' I thought. I think I almost cried. I examined the tv closely and did not find a scratch! Then, after turning it on, I couldn't see any damage from the area. I think I cried in relief!

None. Works exactly as the manual says it does.

No, I think they are too expensive. I got this tv during the 2007 Boxing Day sale in Canada. I found it online in the USA for $1699. I bargained it down to $1850 Canadian at Future Shop because I bought a stand as well. But this tv was retailing for $2299 at Future Shop and $2399 at Best Buy - both which were discount prices and not regular prices.

There is a really noticeable difference between 60hz tvs and 120hz. It also depends on the brand as well. Some tvs boasting 120hz don't do a very good job minimizing motion stutter. 120 hz Sharp LCD's do a very good job of minimizing motion stutter - it's not smooth as butter (there's room for improvement), but it's head and shoulders above the competition. Sharp is among the best for reducing motion stutter with their 120hz tvs.

I'm slightly above average strength and the 46 inch LCD was light enough for me to lift onto the tv stand by myself. I don't think it weighs more than 80 lbs.
post #548 of 1504 Old 01-09-2008, 09:17 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
Sharp LC46D64U

Great price, 3 HDMI, 1080p, 10,000:1 Contrast

PQ and being able to run 1080p from my computer over DVI -> HDMI

I've had one instance in the month I've owned the TV where I had my Wii over component and the TV didn't recognize it. Had to unplug and reattach cables.

PiP would be cool, but not sure how much I'd use it.

Some people complained about banding, but my set doesn't appear to be suffering from it.

How thin it was. Also, the set looks really awesome even when off.

Just the one instance of not recognizing the component input.

Yes

post #549 of 1504 Old 01-09-2008, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 64
1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung 216BW

Great price, RGB and DVI HDCP inputs, great contrast ratio.

Nice contrast, high res, looks way better than most HDTVs that size

Nothing so far.

Maybe vertical tilt feature but nothing more really

Advertise it more it rocks

Nice style, looks beatifull on or off on my desk and very easy setup

No problem whatsoever.

Yes

It has 5ms response time , Contrast ratio of 1000:1 Dynamic Contrast at 3000:1, WSXGA+ 1680x1050, Gloss Black, DVI-D, D-sub, 300 cd/m2 brightness

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #550 of 1504 Old 01-09-2008, 02:41 PM

1. The "Model" you have. Mitsubishi LT46244

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. Size, picture quality, 120Hz.

3. What you like best about your LCD. Picture quality

4. What you don't like about your LCD. Not much

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. It has everything I was looking for.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. None

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. No big surprises about the LCD, but was really surprised how well the Harmony 880 remote that I bought at the same time works with my setup.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD. None

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. They don't seem out of line with other consumer goods. We got this one for $600 under the prevailing "sale" prices that I've seen, so I'm good with the price.

post #551 of 1504 Old 01-09-2008, 05:22 PM

Just got my new TV set up today, been without a good set for about 2 months after my Samsung 30" flat-screen hi-def tube died after 2.5 years. Anyways, on to the details:

1. Toshiba 42HL167

2. Price was great (Video Only sale, plus another discount because it was backordered, won't tell you final price, though, since we aren't supposed to do that in this forum); it's a 1080p set, which will match up great with my PS3 and Blu-ray movies; it's bigger than my old set (42" vs 30"), but lighter and takes up less space (LCD vs tube).

3. What I like best so far is that it's finally here (bought it almost 2 weeks ago, but the wait saved me money), and that it looks great so far. Only been using it for a few hours so far, though.

4. Only thing I don't like so far is the remote sensor seems to be a bit wonky, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Went back to Video Only with the remost, and it works there, so if the hard reset I'm doing right now (TV unplugged for a while) doesn't work, I'll probably need a new set

5. Well, it's brand new, so I'm still finding out what features it does have, have no idea what features I'd like it to have that it doesn't yet!

6. My advice to the manufacturer: "Keep making nice sets for a good price."

7. My biggest surprise was... not sure yet, haven't hooked up the HDMI cable to the PS3 yet, so haven't been able to check out 1080p movies yet. I guess the biggest suprise I have seen is the size, both screen and over-all. Remember, coming from a 120 pound 30" tube with a huge footprint!
Edit: OK, biggest surprise to me so far is that the built-in speakers are pretty decent.

8. Only problems have been the remote issue (above) and picture issues with the PS3 using the component cable (shadow lines scrolling bottom-to-top, but the HDMI I just got should take care of that, I hope; those lines aren't there on the TiVo or cablebox inputs, so it's not from the TV).

9. Was it worth the price? I think so. I wish I could tell you what I paid for the 1080p set, I'm so happy about it!

10. I know the contrast ratio is kind of low on this set, I guess, but so far, it's not bothering me, I think the picture looks great, so don't let that discourage you. I was watching something abput the Concorse d'elegance at Pebble Beach earlier on Discovery HD, and I thought that Ferrari F50 was going to fall onto my living room floor! Haven't noticed any of the green shadow stuff I've read about, but I've seen settings for the colors that seem to take care of it for others (search function is everyones friend).
post #552 of 1504 Old 01-09-2008, 08:03 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
SONY KDL-46XBR4

I always wanted a SONY XBR, now I can comfortably afford one, so I won't settle for anything less.

Amazing picture quality without any adjustment right out of box (used with my PS3).

Can't save both cable channel and off-air channel (antenna) in favorites.

Wi-fi interface to allow adjustments set via a computer since there are so many of them. May be there is a way that I don't know about yet.

Improve the remote control to match the technology used on the TV.

The size and weight when I put it up on the articulating mount. But it sure looks very nice in the solid mahogany "bookcase" I made for it.

What problems?! People who have problems with their LCD's must've bought something else other than a SONY XBR.

I retired a 27" Sony TV that I bought 12 years ago for $600. My 37" Sharp LCD costed my $1600 about over a year ago. I looked at XBR2/3 when they came out and I doubted that was worth it, but I think now is the time.

You have to mount the XBR set on a wall mount. It looks way better off the stand than on the stand. If you have a PS3 and Blu-ray player, get the Planet Earth Blu-ray disc set. It's better than any Blu-ray movie you will find.

post #553 of 1504 Old 01-09-2008, 11:27 PM

hitachi 32hdl51 from 2003 best tv ever made if you dont know about it then you dont know avs.

4071f samsung 1080 120 hurtz
post #554 of 1504 Old 01-10-2008, 10:10 PM

Just got a new LCD Flat Panel? Post it here ONLY. Please do not post projection models.

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model"
Samsung LN-T4061F

Price, picture, connectivity, and 1080p

Great picture for watching HD channels! Lots of connections for gaming systems, DVD players, and Blu-ray.

So-so sound from the speakers. Not as cool looking as the 65 series.

Wish it had the cool blue light that the other Samsungs had. 120 Hz processing. That cool 3D/realistic look that the 71/81 series and the Sony XBR 4/5 have. Also black levels that the Pioneer have

Have better out-of the box picture settings. Using other people's picture-calibrated settings make this T.V. way better!

The picture quality. I wasn't expecting much for the price I got it at.

Had dead pixel issue with the first one. Easily replaced, and very satisfied.

I still don't think the prices are worth it. This is my first HDTV purchase ever. Some people have gone through like 3 HDTVs already. I kept waiting for the technology to get better and fix all the kinks, but I couldn't wait any longer...
post #555 of 1504 Old 01-11-2008, 04:53 AM

1. The "Model" you have:

Vizio VW47LF LCD.

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model:

Price was a huge factor. The set was very well priced for a 47" LCD. After reading reviews and seeing it in store, I was impressed by the picture quality and the overall design.

3. What you like best about your LCD:

Great value for the price. Full 1080p, 3 HDMI, 47" for less then $1500. The picture quality is absolutely outstanding and black levels are very very good. The picture is on par with any LCD I have ever seen by any other maker, even the most expensive sets. Viewing angles are excellent. It looks good from any seat in my living room.

4. What you don't like about your LCD:

It could have better speakers and be a little louder. The stock speakers are more then enough to fill an average living room, it certainly doesn't sound bad, but it could use a little more. The set is much heavier then I expected, but for 47" I guess that's not really a valid complaint. The remote is very plain.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had:

The set has all the features I require.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD:

Make more of them. The set was very hard to find in stores, most places are sold out. The model is a "VW" with the W standing for Walmart, which means it's the only place to buy this set. It would be nice if it was available in more places since the Walmarts sell out quickly. Also the Vizio logo on the front lights up, it would be nice if that could be disabled.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD:

Biggest surprise was actually how big it is. I looked at it in the store, but when you see it hanging on a wall next to other 47"+ sets, you lose conception of how large it really is. When I got it into my living room it seemed to be about 30% larger then I remembered. I was also surprised by the quality of the black levels compared to other LCD's I have looked at. This set really has a top notch picture. I would have accepted slightly less due to the low price, so this was definitely a pleasant surprise.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD:

When the HD was hooked up at first, there was a very thin white line that ran across the top of the picture. It was a little annoying, but increasing the V-Size by 2pts fixed the problem.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it:

Overall, I think most sets are pretty over priced. I am happy with the price to features ratio of this set, so I don't really have a complaint, but I wouldn't mind seeing them a little cheaper.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged:

The biggest knock on this set is the brand name. Vizio isn't one of the big dogs like Sony, Samsung, etc, but this set is really nice. I have seen some older Vizio models that really didn't impress me even for the price, but this new line seems to be better then previous offerings. If you looked at Vizo in the past and weren't impressed, I don't blame you, but I encourage you to take another look. This TV is a great value and it's a REALLY nice TV.
post #556 of 1504 Old 01-11-2008, 08:46 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung LNT5265F

SIZE, price, picture. I have been researching hdtv's for over a year waiting for the price on LCD's to drop into my range for the size I wanted, finally they have. This model had everything I was looking for hdmi inputs, 1080p, good reviews (after the firmware hdmi problems).

Hard to narrow down, I guess just the fact that for the 2000 range you can get a huge tv with an unbelievable picture. I was originally looking at DLP's because of price and size, but with this Samsung you can get the size and an even better picture in my opinion.

My wife has learned how to use the DVR. Actually, nothing so far, the picture is great on all channels, HD or Standard.

1. Get me a beer from the fridge.
2. Help my Browns make the playoffs next year!

Put a commercial on tv advertising the price and specs of this tv and you will sell millions more. I had to search and repeatedly look online to find this model. It is rarely advertised in the big electronic store adds.

How much work is involved in scheduling installation, Directv upgrade, rearranging basement, building new stand, etc.............

None

Ask me in 10 years.
Awesome TV, I love it.

Knibb High Football Rules!
post #557 of 1504 Old 01-12-2008, 07:34 AM

1. The "Model" you have:
Samsung 4669
2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model:
MotionFlow and the amazing Contrast and Black Levels sold me
The Motionflow adds a really nice look to my Blu-Ray's, but my favorite part is how amazingly crisp and vivid the colors are, even just right out of the box.
Nothing so far!
I wish that it had a Wi-Fi feature to pick up some of the media on my Computer somehow, but WISELink gets rid of most of the need for that.
Just make sure the firmware updates keep coming, Samsung has been surprisingly aware of the issues that some people are facing, which is nice to see!
This TV actually looked BETTER at home than in the store. I am blown away by the colors and contrast on this set, and I had a 60" SXRD and a 4065 before this set.
None Yet! (Knock on Wood)
Absolutely, this TV ran me around 1900, which seems pretty good for a 46"
post #558 of 1504 Old 01-12-2008, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
1. The "Model" you have. Panasonic 32 LX70

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. Panny fanboy

3. What you like best about your LCD. the colors

4. What you don't like about your LCD. No PC input

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. PC Input

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. Add PC Input

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. the clarity

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD. None

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. Yes paid $650.00

post #559 of 1504 Old 01-12-2008, 02:45 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Olevia 537H

Price, features, good warranty, lots of good reviews.

3. What you like best about your LCD. Great colour, surprisingly good SD picture (no HD hookup yet), lots of picture controls, lots of inputs.

Not much to complain about so far.

Be nice to save screen settings for different inputs.

See above. Also, do something about the Olevia website there are design and bandwidth issues.

Sound is very good

None really; the odd popping or clicking noise from the back of the set as it comes on.

Hmmm... good question. Even watching SD signals, the viewing experience is so much better. This is a comparatively low priced unit so I'd have to say I definately got my money's worth. Will I still think so 2 or 3 years form now? Check back then.

So far I've only had the unit a week so can only offer initial impressions. It seems very solidly constructed, with the possible exception of the base which seems a little flimsy. The sd picture quality is great, and despite some comments I've read, the initial setup is a snap. Subsequent tweaking and adjustment is only slightly more complicated. All in all, I think it is a great bargain. I suspect the 5 seeries are something of a loss-leader for Olevia/SyntaxBrillian, and that they are trying to create brand loyalty. Guess what, it's working!
post #560 of 1504 Old 01-12-2008, 09:17 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Philips 42PFL7422D/37

1080p, inputs, picture quality compared to others in same price range

picture quality and colors

I use as a computer monitor hooked up dvi to hdmi, has issue with red text on black background, very out of focus/blurry

PIP would be nice

Fix the red on black issue when using through pc (others have spoken of this problem in the official thread for this screen)

problem mentioned above

mentioned above

I feel prices are finally coming down to make it worth it.

post #561 of 1504 Old 01-13-2008, 09:28 AM

1. Model -- LNT-4053H

2. What Covnicned Me-- Reviews, Consumer Reports, This forum, 3 HDMI Ports and I got it for 999 when it was on sale for 1199 and it regularly was 14 or 1599. But CC matched my price since I bought an HD TIvo and an Upconvert DVD Player which I returned and got the Samsung HTIB instead HT-X50. I thought I got a good deal and no interest for a year was a plus for me.

3. What I like best -- Picture Quality, Nice 40 inch screen, And that it swivels HD looks great and even SD looks pretty good. I use HDMI from HD Tivo to TV and from the HTIB upconvert to the TV.

4. What I don't like -- The black finish is like a piano black and it gets so dusty I am always having to wipe it off.

5. What feature you wish Your LCD had -- Another tuner where PIP worked on all channels not just analog and where I could do 1/2 computer on one window and watch my Tivo recorded show on the other.

6. Advice or suggestion I would give -- I don't have any right now. Had my TV since around New Years.

7. Biggest surprise -- How nice of a TV I got for such a good price.

8. What probeelms or issues i've had -- None so far.

9. Do you really think today's prices are worth it. I would say so cause I almost bought a cheaper brand Vizio which I thought was worth the price. Then I looked at a 37 inch LG which was on sale for a good price and worth it but then it went back up in price and after researching LCD's for a month online I decided on the Samsung 4053H and it was worth the price.

10. Any Additional Info -- I haven't had this TV very long but it is very nice and I would recommend to others. Actually one of my co workers heard me talking at work and is buying the same TV and the same Samsung upconvert DVD player. I got that to match so I could use my same remote. But then decided I wanted the HTIB cause I needed FM radio and Samsung recommended the HT-X40 or X50. I gopt the X-50 5 cd changer at CC on-line at a good price and the sound is great. I had a cheaper surround sound before with just a little subwoofer and 5 speakers no receiver that was like 45 bucks at Walmart but still did a good job. I have yet to use just the TV speakers. But it's nice that it swivels and that you can hook your computer up to it. I am hooking up my laptop to it here soon I ordered VGA cables with Audio from Mono Price and a wireless keyboard from Amazon. I just haven't tried it yet.. Great TV! Just a little upset that my HD Tivo the remote won't work the Sasmung home theater. No code matches so I have to use the remote from the HT-X50 for sound. BUt that has nothing to do with how nice the TV is.
post #562 of 1504 Old 01-14-2008, 10:16 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
Insignia NS-LCD37

Excellent price/performance.

Fantastic for gaming- minimal/unnoticable input lag and motion blur isn't bad at all. The panel is pristine- no clouding, stuck pixels, backlight bleeding around the corners/edges.

I shopped around pretty seriously and I just wasn't impressed with the black levels of the major brands for their $1100 - $1500 37" - 40" LCD panels, but this Insignia has awful black levels. If the Samsung or Sony had that much better black levels for their panels I would have paid more for one of those, but that wasn't the case at all.

A backlight level adjustment!

How perfect the panel was- completely even, no issues at all.

The speakers are absolute garbage on this TV. Might as well not even put speakers on this model, they are HORRIBLE.

No. I bought this TV for $749, and it is more than adequate vs. the major brands for hundreds less.

The Xbox 360 Elite (HDMI) on this TV is phenomenal.
post #563 of 1504 Old 01-14-2008, 10:31 AM

Liked: 12
I'll edit my post out later, but i just have to say that i've been released from Plasma hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a 5070 for 10 months and it's been the worst decision i've had to regret for too long. I loved my Sony V2500 LCD, but thought i couldn't live with the clouds issue so i returned it. Well, i would have much better dealt with the clouds instead of the "looking at a tv with sunglasses" issue i experienced converting from LCD to Plasma. The plasma panel was the sunglasses in my life and now my Sony 46" XBR4 is my saviour that has bitch-slapped the glasses off of my face. Switching to plasma was the BIGGEST mistake of my life. Now i can see again. YAY!

Anyone pointing at stats and numbers telling me one is better than the other can shove it, my eyes tell me differently and that's all that matters to me. And that's the bottom line...cuz Stone Cold said so!

1. The "Model" you have.

KDL-46XBR4

Reviewed the panel and did alot of side-by-side comparison with out comparable models before deciding on Sony. I'm very pleased that i decided to go with the XBR4.

3. What do you like best about your LCD.

I love the "life-like" look on movies. How anybody could NOT like this is plain weird.

I hate the odd sizes of LCD's in general. I wish they made a 50" LCD (instead of 52) panel as the 52" doesn't fit in my entertainment center and the 46 leaves a small gap that drives my wife crazy.

5. What "Feature(s)" do you wish your LCD had?

N/A

Fix the darn clouds issue already. Why can't they learn from the thousands of customer complaints (including myself) to address this issue once and for all.

The biggest surprise with the CineMotion feature that makes a movie turn into what seems like real life. WOW

Only slight clouding, but it's really not noticeable. On a dark scene, the tv is pitch black. When switching inputs, you can see the mura effect slightly.

Most definetly. For the price I paid for my TV, it's the cheapest i've ever seen, however it was an open-box buy bought from an online merchant. Most people tend to shy away from purchasing anything open-box online, but it really paid off for me.

The TV is awesome and it's breathtaking. Pay for quality and great customer service once and be done with it. If you have to second guess your purchase between an XBR4/5 or another set then you're trying to justify paying less for a comparable TV.
post #564 of 1504 Old 01-15-2008, 07:07 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

SAMSUNG LNT-5265F

Research on AVSFORUMS

Sharpness, pop factor, blacks

- Piano gloss bezel scratches too easily.
- Factory finish around edges is pretty poor for such an expensive piece of electronics.
- Sound is flat when compared to other sets.
- Different firmware/main board combo's make it difficult to easily replicate others optimal settings.

True 120hz technology, however it is not something I would pay $600 extra for.

The little things make a big difference.

- Keep the glossy bezel and screen (I really like the glossy screen), however find a more resilient material for the bezel. It is almost impossible not to make small scratches in the bezel - even with 'kid gloves'.

- Improve the overall finish of the product. The edges of the TV feel as if they have been scraped on cement.

- The biggest surprise was the LACK of the reported blurr when watching fast motion sports. IMO, this issue is the one that might keep people from buying an LCD and it must affect only a small peratnage of people because I did not notice any motion problems at all. Football is so clear, you could walk through the screen and be at the game!

- The other surprise was how deep the blacks were. Very good!

Finding the ultimate calibration

Hmmm...Yes, however I do think the technology is sub par. It really should have the majority of kinks worked out. I really believe the industry has built in sub par performance in order to force early adopters to purchase new equipment in a few years.

I have no regrets with my purchase. The picture on this LCD is so dramatically good, that is makes my 2 year old HDTV LCOS (1080i) look like an old 3 wheel projector television.

My only complaint is with the US electronics industry as it relates to HDTV. I really feel that the industry has gamed the market in order that the people likely to purchase big HDTV's will be forced to upgrade in a few years when the technology released is better from a picture/perfomance standpoint.
post #565 of 1504 Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 AM

1. The "Model" you have: Samsung LNT5271

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: Price and 1080P

3. What you like best about your LCD: 120 HZ and Blu Ray picture

4. What you don't like about your LCD: Wish it was a "58!

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had: Nothing yet, but give it 6 months!

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD: Would like the bezel not quite as wide

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD: How much better it looked than my "57 RPTV

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD: N/A

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it: Yes, especially the prices in the 32-42 inch range are excellent. Hopefully the "65's drop as that will be my next purchase in a few years...

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged: I really wanted a "58 inch but settled for the "52. Felt the price diffrence was just a bit too much. Plan on using this for 2 years and then upgrading to a "65 and putting this "52 in my master bedroom. Also have a "46 inch Samsung in my family room as well...debated between the 52 Aquos and went with the Samsung in the end. The Blu Ray is incredible...just wish I had the Xbox Elite now instead of the regular 360!!!
post #566 of 1504 Old 01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

1. The "Model" you have.
Toshiba 42HL167

1080p, size for the space, image quality vs price, inputs

easy setup...but has everything you want to tweak.

no USB port for easy picture viewing or updates

PIP, USB port

Add USB port and PIP

1080i through Cablevision looks great...even after the compression...and I'm a Video Professional.

None yet

I would have liked to buy a 40-42" 1080p set for under a grand, but couldn't wait any longer after searching for over a year and a half.

a) get a setup DVD and use it...DVE is great...
b) get a Logitech Harmony 520 Universal Remote or similar model...wonderful addition to the set and your system...controls EVERYTHING.
post #567 of 1504 Old 01-15-2008, 08:44 PM

1. The "Model" you have: Samsung LNT4061F

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: Price, 1080P, reviews

3. What you like best about your LCD: Awesome picture right out of the box, lots of connections

4. What you don't like about your LCD: Nothing so far

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had: Nothing yet

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD: None

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD: How amazing OTA HD channels look

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD: N/A

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it: Yes, especially with some of the sales the stores are having recently

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged: None so far, I love this TV!
post #568 of 1504 Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 PM

check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PObNQWhqHo4

1. The "Model" you have.
Acer P241w

2ms response time, 1200p, price.

games

contrast ratio low for tv viewing

vertical adjustability

nothing really

the size

none yet.

not really. with sonys new OLED display these things are caput in no time. albeit we have to run through all of it for it to be affordable

1200p>1080p games look better than movies
post #569 of 1504 Old 01-18-2008, 05:13 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
LG 47LC7DF 47" LCD HDTV - 1920x1080

Price New in Box Under 1000.00 Helps to know people.

Size and Weight

Nothing So far

Still trying to figure out the ones it has .

Nothing yet

All the inputs
None so Far

No they will drop but cant complain about mine The price is the only reason I bought it..

Will report back more when I get everything figured out .Still getting put in and mounted . Still have to figure out how the Eureka Media player works that came with it .
post #570 of 1504 Old 01-18-2008, 09:35 AM

Liked: 16
1. Model: KDL-40XBR4

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. sony/size/price/3years no interest

3. What you like best about your LCD. HD/clarity/color

4. What you don't like about your LCD. Clouding/Flashlights from the corners

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. ?

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. ?

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. Mura/Clouding/spotlighting

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD. none yet

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. a little highly priced, i should NOT have to wait for a $500 off sale

XBR-55X850, KDL-40XBR4 8000+ hours
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc42d62u 42 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv , Sony Bravia V Series Kdl 40v2500 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page