Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clmrt View Post

1. The "Model" you have.

LG 47LW5700

Quote:

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model.
3. What you like best about your LCD.

• Price
  • Picture quality
  • It's size for the room it’s in
  • 4 HDMI ports
  • 2 USB ports
  • Good array of audio connection options
  • Plays many formats from 1TB HD or thumb drive
  • Matte screen
  • It can be mounted on desktop with included stand
  • TV's overall thinness of the screen, I’m sure there’s other things I like but can’t think of them now

Quote:

4. What you don't like about your LCD.

• Buffering for wireless video sucks when streaming video wireless (I have not tried direct router connection but I hope it works better)
  • It does not record to thumb drive or HD (I’ve seen this feature on other smart TV’s)
  • 2D to 3D conversion is nothing special (yea it adds depth, but that’s it) and gives me a headache so I don’t do it but in reality this isn’t an issue IMHO

Quote:

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had.

see reply to #4 and memory is not user expandable

Quote:

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD.

• Increase the buffering memory
  • Make these TV's so we could actually increase the memory ourselves (ie like adding RAM to a PC/laptop)

Quote:

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD.

None that I’ve noticed yet other than the poor wireless speed and not enough memory for buffering video wirelessly

Quote:

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD.

Wireless buffering is unacceptable!

Quote:

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.

Yes I think some prices are worth it, I bought on a very good sale and it was listed for way below market price.

Quote:

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged

Not enough 3D content available on the market but then again I didn’t buy it for it’s 3D capability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1507 Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk_Good View Post

LG 47LW5700

• It does not record to thumb drive or HD (I’ve seen this feature on other smart TV’s)

Ability to record OTA content can be enabled through the service menu. Search the "5600" thread for details. If you do make the effort to access the service menu, you might also consider enabling local dimming, which I've read is also an option.
post #1443 of 1507 Old 02-16-2012, 09:47 PM

Not including non flat panel HDTV's

First 1080P Flat Panel LCD HDTV was the SONY KDL-40V2500 i owned back in 2007...
Second was the Samsung LN46A750 120Hz for my living room back in 2008
Third just recently got the Toshiba 42TL515U for the bed room...just got it a week ago...the CEVO Engine and IPS panel attracted me to it...oh snd yeah its 3D as a bonus hehe...
post #1444 of 1507 Old 02-19-2012, 01:27 PM

Samsung LN40D630 which replaced a 225lb Sony XBR 36" wow what a difference after 8 years...now to dump the Sony DAV-FR9 Surround Sound for a small 5.1 BlueRay HTIB type system
post #1445 of 1507 Old 02-19-2012, 03:51 PM

I just bought my friend's Sharp LC-46D64U yesterday as a 3rd tv set. I already own a 52" Samsung LCD and a LG 42" Plasma.

He sold it to me 200$ since it has an intermittent vertical red line at about 1-2" from the right side, something I am discovering to be common.

I'd just like to know what you think about that deal and where to find the best info about this problem.

Thanks!
post #1446 of 1507 Old 02-22-2012, 05:06 PM

Just bought a Sony 46" NX720 for our relatively new addition to replace a 4 year old 37" JVC LCD (which will now go into the old family room so I can finally get rid of that 25 year old 250 pound Sony 32" tube TV which requires a VCR to use as a tuner. Still 25 years from that TV - I have to say I got my moneys worth!)

Best Buy was selling it for about $400 less than other retailers - this site alerted me to that fact.

Looking forward to the wireless & an elimination of that blurring the JVC would show during fast motion (60hz vs 240 hz)
post #1447 of 1507 Old 02-25-2012, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Been looking at it, and felt tempted, but I felt that it was a bold move, but...should make a good display for both my PC and PS3, mainly for gaming and Blu-ray:

Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 1080p 3D LED TV

Replacing two aging 24" PC monitors, and gaining 3D display capabilities, as I'm looking towards an nVidia 3D Vision setup down the road.
For the short term, tho, I might try out the 2D - 3D conversion on my existing graphics card, and see how well it works.

AVS Forum...The Final Frontier. My continuing mission. To explore strange, new equipment, to seek out new movies and technology. Boldly going where no enthusiast had gone before.
post #1448 of 1507 Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 PM

Just got a new LCD Flat Panel? Post it here ONLY. Please do not post projection models.

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model" you have. = LN-T5271F 52

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model.= Step by step instruction guide, reviews, picture quality

3. What you like best about your LCD. = picture quality

4. What you don't like about your LCD. = love everything except clicking noise

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. = Perhaps the LED feature - neighbor has one and it is brighter

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. = Make it perform better and last longer before tech issue arises

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. = Crisp Picture Quality and colors

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD. = y Samsung LN-T5271F 52" TV was making a clicking sound when I turned it on. It would click on and off for about 2 minutes and then finally turn on. I found this website selling a capacitor repair kit for this exact model, so I bought it - and was I glad I did. I learned that if you don't fix that clicking caused by bad capacitors in a short time, the clicking relay could burn out causing a very expensive repair. Their repair guide was step by step and I followed all the pictures - it was really very easy to do. When you know how to do this and have the correct replacement parts, it's easy. I don't know if you can use this repair kit for other 52" Samsung models - I suppose if they use the same power supplies then the repair would be the same. This is the one that worked for me LN-T5271F.prnc.net - My TV has been working perfectly now for 6 months and it only cost me about $20 and 40 minutes.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. = Yes, they keep getting more cost effective

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.= It is hard to beat the picture quality of Samsung. Cost is worth it. I already have 2 of them.
post #1449 of 1507 Old 02-28-2012, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 33
[quote=vegout;8783306]Just got a new LCD Flat Panel? Post it here ONLY. Please do not post projection models.

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model" you have. LG 55LW5300

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. Wanted a BRIGHT display for a sunlit room.

3. What you like best about your LCD. Brightness, black levels, closeout pricing -- it's all good. Plus, the 3-D functionality is effortless with the passive glasses, bundled 3-D disc player and DirecTV's 3-D channels. As a bonus, it's larger than my old plasma, twice as bright and uses half the juice.

4. What you don't like about your LCD. Haven't yet found the right codes to make it click with my DirecTV remote -- gotta dig deeper. That's about it.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. Analog and/or PCM audio outputs would be nice, but you don't see that much these days. I'll just use the Headphone Out to drive things from the TV.

I could say "WiFi and Internet goodies," but for that (1) you get the LW5600 model instead, (2) it would cost more, and (3) you don't get a 3-D BluRay player included. If I want to do Internet, I'll just dig out my old Wii or buy a cheap PC (or resurrect one of the older 'puters in the closet with a new video card).

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. Maybe have LG pick up the slack from Sony and Panasonic and sponsor some big-name 3-D sporting events (Masters? Olympics? Tour de France? Breeders Cup?).

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. How difficult it is to get a bad-looking picture -- can't really imagine what the putative benefits of calibration might be. Off-axis viewing is better than I have previously seen on LCDs. Black levels are good enough to make one think twice before buying another plasma.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD. None yet. (I bought the floor demo unit, as it was the last train out of Dodge for this model.) I should say that I don't game on this display, so input response lag is not an issue.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. At the $2399 "list price," maybe not. At half that (which is what they're going for at year-end closeout), definitely yes. My nine-year-old Pioneer plasma, which still looks pretty good, sold for $6,000 in its day. This display is definitely an improvement (not to mention bigger).

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. Looks like Sony knew what they were doing when they chose LCD tech way back when -- it's finally coming together. And: Glad that I waited a bit longer to buy a set like this and get the cool, passive 3-D.
post #1450 of 1507 Old 03-07-2012, 10:15 AM

1. The "Model" you have. = Sharp 70-LC(or e?)632U

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. -- great price on close-out at Costco ($1850+$99 square trade 5-year warranty total). Performance, in my opinion, on par with more expensive 7xx series quattron models

3. What you like best about your LCD. = size and overall HD picture quality

4. What you don't like about your LCD. = apps are a little slow (but not terrible), some clouding on completely black screen, color uniformity issues on black screen, motion blur on fast moving scenes

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. = full-array with local dimming, 3D would be nice, but not at current price premium (~$2800 street at this time) so i couldn't justify the difference in price for the twice / three times a year that we might actually watch 3D movies. Also, big family means more expense for glasses to cover everyone and the worry that comes along with spending a lot on glasses that can be lost or broken

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. = add YouTube to apps, improve screen uniformity. i know this is trivial, but i'd prefer a detachable power cord like the one on my Panny (3-prong female standard PC style power cord). now i have to fish the power cable through the wall while it's attached to the TV as i mount the TV on the wall... then again, i guess i could just fish an extension cord through the wall and connect it that way, but why need the extra cable?

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. = the colors appeared much more saturated, blacks darker, and crisper than i expected. i had lowered my expectations for LCD vs the Panny 58" plasma that we're replacing it with and was pleasantly surprised at what i saw straight out of the box

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD. none thus far

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. = i was very pleased with the bang for the buck i got for $1850, especially considering that 4-5 years ago i paid $4k for my 58" panny and thought that was a deal.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.= i have what i feel is a discerning eye and I honestly cannot see a difference between my 632 vs the Quattron 7xx series. I even got in on the $1999 Tuesdaymorning.com deal over the weekend for the 734 and cancelled my order after calibrating my TV. i don't like the effect of the 240Hz aquomotion so would have never had it on anyway. now i'm just waiting on my $27 Monoprice tilting wall mount and i'll be set.
post #1451 of 1507 Old 03-09-2012, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
1. The "Model" you have.

32LC7D

Nothing I got it because it was broken and I fixed it for $23

It was free

The typical shortcomings associated with LCD

More picture controls. Swivel base

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD.

Quit using cheap crappy chinese made capacitors

baclight is still very strong. Base does not swivel.

cheap chinese capacitors. VGA does not resolve every pixel (black border on right and botton

Not applicable in this case but generally speaking today you get a lot of TV for the money.

Set has 16K hours on it and still runs very well once I corrected the power supply issues.

Strong or weak in the end we are all dead
post #1452 of 1507 Old 03-22-2012, 02:49 AM

So it's the glass? I too bought a new Sharp 32" with great clarity and deep
blacks, but the angle viewing is a problem for me as well.

Fisherman & Audio Nut
post #1453 of 1507 Old 03-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

kool thread...

Rich
post #1454 of 1507 Old 03-26-2012, 09:52 AM
wkc

1. The "Model" you have.
Vizio E3D420VX

That's the only 3D TV under 42" available within 50 miles in any retail stores around me.

3D

Takes a few seconds to turn on. When the TV is too busy, it takes a long while to response. I can't even turn down the volume nor turn it off while the TV app is too busy. When the task it was doing finally over, all the buttons that I pushed finally get out from the control queue and all executed. This is not an appliance, it is like a computer.

Picture-in-Picture

Able to adjust the size of the displaying picture.

Very light! I have a couple of 42" plasma in the living room and basement, they are freakin heavy. This is my first 42" LCD. It's so light I have to went to basement to try to lift my plasma to confirm I was not imagining things.

It's not an issue per se. The screen is soft! Now I think about it, all my computer LCD screen is just as soft. My tiny RC Helicopter crash into it and it destroyed the display when the TV was only 2 days old. Compare to my plasmas, they are all glass. The screen would not have been damaged at all.

Yes, totally. Under $700 for a 42" 3D 1080p? That's crazy!

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.
For some reason the TV shows and movies I've just test watched look so... fake. They look like they are shot in a studio instead of movie quality! I'm not sure if it's because the TV is so good that it is showing so faithfully about what it was or something else yet. Only have this TV (well, my 2nd E3D420VX) for just a week.
post #1455 of 1507 Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 PM

looking for information on the sharp 70 inch model 6400U
post #1456 of 1507 Old 03-30-2012, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
  1. The "Model" you have: Panasonic TC-L32C3
  2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. Size, Picture, Price and a "blacker" than normal LCD
  3. What you like best about your LCD: It's dark. We have Plasmas in the rest of the house, and I like a deep rich picture rather than a bright vibrant one. Personal preference. Plus it's a bedroom and we're only falling asleep to it.
  4. What you don't like about your LCD: Not a thing so far, other than it not being quite as good as even my oldest Plasma.
  5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had: 120hz might be nice for future use (PC/Console gaming). Really nothing major other than that, which I never would have gotten (120hz) for a fall asleep an hour bedroom TV.
  6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD: None so far, possibly in a few months I might have some better insight on the product.
  7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD: The weight, I'm so used to hanging and moving my Plasmas I couldn't believe how light it was. Picture was better than I expected.
  8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD: None so far. Set up was easy, no "glitches" or bugs, not even a vague or ambiguous menu.
  9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it: Yes. In this particular circumstance. My wife told me to go "cheap" because it was just the bedroom. But she's used to plasma quality and I told her she wouldn't like the "bottom of the line". We opted for somewhere in the middle, and it was "worth it".
  10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. None.
post #1457 of 1507 Old 03-30-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsky View Post

looking for information on the sharp 70 inch model 6400U

same boat looking to get me one of these 70" or hold out for the samsung 65 smart tv
post #1458 of 1507 Old 04-05-2012, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinomulisha View Post

same boat looking to get me one of these 70" or hold out for the samsung 65 smart tv

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/Home...C70C6400U.aspx
post #1459 of 1507 Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

Samsung 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) LED 8000 Series Smart TV

There were a lot of variables I used to reach this consideration, but in the end, it wasn't really a contest. I was very much set on purchasing a Plasma, as they are very price-competitive in the market right now, with a very strong picture. However, when you set the Plasma next to an LED, it is a dismal, sad and distance 2nd to the LED. I couldn't bear the thought of going home and watching content on the Plasma, while thinking of the LED.

Picture quality is simply amazing. Anything you THOUGHT you knew about quality is quickly put in a back seat when you watch a 1080P HD Blu Ray on this TV. Amazing.

Nothing so far.

Right now, based on where the technology is, I can't think of anything that my TV doesn't do well.

There's always the price consideration, but I purchased my TV at an excellent price and I am very happy.

How quickly it "sync'd" with all my other components, computers, PS3 and stereo equipment. It was very "SMART"!!

NONE.

YES

I have had it for just over 3 weeks now, and I just can't rave about it enough. Blu-Ray movies are just amazing. I literally get Vertigo sitting in front of some of them, the clarity is that strong. HD Content from my cable box is VERY good. - I watched The Masters golf tournament over the weekend, and with the stereo sound, I felt like I was standing on the fairway with Tiger Woods!!! - I'm still not 100% on the 3D yet; although I haven't technically watched a 3D movie - only converted from 2D to 3D on some movies and content - which is pretty darn good, all things considered.

I am also impressed with the "connectivity" of the Samsung LED TV. I have a LAN in my house, and all of my computers recognize the TV when it is on. I can stream content such as AVI, WAV, MPeg movies to it very easily. My kids love that feature.

Anyway, I thought I would circle back and close the loop on my HD TV Journey. I am VERY happy with my decisions - and suggest everyone go through an "In-Store" test with their models that they are considering purchasing.
post #1460 of 1507 Old 04-12-2012, 06:45 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
SONY XBR 55HX929

Picture quality. My doctor loves his, and highly recommended it.

Brightness, contrast ratio, color accuracy, styling.

Nothing so far.

A great iPad app. The current one is average.

Improve on build quality, reliability. I've heard others complaining about their problems, but so far, so good.

It was half the weight of the 42" plasma it replaced.

None.

Yes, absolutely. 10 years ago, a 42" plasma with inferior performance was $6K, and 10 years ago, a 25" XBR was $1.2K. In today's dollars, that would be around $7.5K and $2.5K, respectively. You're getting a lot of bang for your buck in consumer electronics these days.

I am using the TV as the hub for all my components since my older AVR does not have HDMI in/outs. It's worked out well. I'm using all 4 HDMI inputs (Apple iTV, Blu Ray, HD DVD, DirecTV HDR) and the component/composite for my wife's Wii. Now, I wish it had another HDMI because I want to hook up a PS3/4 or a Xbox. The AVR is fed from the optical output. The WIFI hookup was fast and straight forward.
post #1461 of 1507 Old 04-18-2012, 04:16 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic 42E50

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model
Looked great at BB-bought elsewhere online, great viewing angles,under $700, Panasonic's rep and 0 issues with all my Panny gear, best spec 42 inch Panny lcd without 3d.

Brightness, colors, speakers are great for bedroom use with acceptable performance. Nice sturdy build quality, no flex when moving from room to room

Some flashlighting depending on the shade of black displayed. Some shades of black are handled impressively, there is an improved black display mode, but it seems to only make the entire picture darker instead of just improving black performance.

Picture tuning functions on the remote instead of having to dig through menus. Twin tuner Picture in Picture+ screen pause like my 27 inch Panny from 1998 has, SVideo port/s

Where is the web browser? Put Netflix button on remote like my Bluray player has

Stand is very sturdy and easy to attach.

None.

Yes, this is my first HDTV. Saw a 32 inch Sony lcd for $189 at Target yesterday and a D6000 series Samsung at 50% off.. good bang for buck pricing especially clearance items.

TV remote has buttons to control the new Panny BluRay 320 slot load player which comes with a remote without those buttons
post #1462 of 1507 Old 04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic 47ET5

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model
Seemed like a good TV for the price, passive 3D and fairly low lag for gaming (25ms according to two websites).

Bright, nice game mode, colors

Banding. I noticed it pretty shortly after I got the TV and have spent the past couple weeks seeing if I could just live with it. I can't. It's pretty much instantly noticeable and I am planning to send it back to Amazon.

Good quality control

QC your TV's.

Two European websites mentioned an advanced setup option which this not present in the US version from what I can tell.

See above

Not if the tradeoff is shoddy QC. I see major problems with every TV. While I realize nothing is perfect, these types of problems should not be so widespread on TVs that cost over $1000.
post #1463 of 1507 Old 07-03-2012, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

1. The "Model" you have.
TC-L32S1

extremely low input lag, IPS Alpha

low input lag

blacks could be better

that it was still in production

please continue making these

The fact that it existed!

none

$450 is what I paid and I would have paid 650
I now have two of these biggrin.gif
post #1464 of 1507 Old 08-06-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddix View Post

1. The "Model" you have.
TC-L32S1
extremely low input lag, IPS Alpha
low input lag
blacks could be better
that it was still in production
please continue making these
The fact that it existed!
none
$450 is what I paid and I would have paid 650
I now have two of these biggrin.gif

this is a very good choice. i have been researching this product and have seen GREAT reviews bro

post #1465 of 1507 Old 08-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Liked: 20
1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung UN55ES7100

Our DLP finally died (HLP4663w). Really like the Samsung line of TV's...did not need all of the extra stuff the 8000 series includes.

picture quality and appearance!

viewing angle could be slightly better

can't think of anything right now

improve the viewing angle

How well it looked in our living room on the wall

none

YES - especially compared to 2004 prices (when we bought our DLP). You get 10x the TV for 1/2 the cost.

post #1466 of 1507 Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM

Hi Everyone

I've just bough a Sony Bravia Led ex410 .. so far it's so good when i play HD channels .. but i discovered a problem

i downloaded a movie in a bluray 720p Quality .. i putted it in a usb and plugged it in but the movie didn't work well

i tried a lower quality movie and it worked great .. i don't know what can solve this up but i hope anyone can tell me how

and thnx for giving me the opportunity to share and connect with all of you
post #1467 of 1507 Old 09-26-2012, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 229
1. The "Model" you have.

Sony KDL46HX750 LED/3D Tv.

Features and the look of the tv.

Its Dynamic Edge LED, The PQ and its 3D.

Nothing....I love it.

Its has all the features I need.

I wouldnt suggest anything, the tv's perfect.

The PQ right out of the box and the plasma like blacks it delivers.

I have none.

For this tv? Yes.

So far this tv is the best HDTV I have yet to own and it was money well spent.
post #1468 of 1507 Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 AM

Liked: 12
1. The "Model" you have.
Sharp LC-60C8470U

Picture quality and price

Picture quality and range of adjustments that can be made

Nothing so far

Has everything I need

Increase availability of apps

Quality of picture right out of the box

None so far

I think so, I paid $1450 for the Sharp and 6 years ago paid around $2200 for my Sony KDS-50A2000

Great picture out of the box, can’t wait to see how it looks after using a calibration disc

post #1469 of 1507 Old 11-21-2012, 05:39 PM

Liked: 26
1. The "Model" you have.
Toshiba 50L2200U

Good reviews regarding contrast, motion, and input lag

Picture Quality, Size, Low Input Lag

The stand seems a little....untrustworthy? I mean it doesn't feel like the TV is going to fall over but I'm considering mounting it on the wall. The remote isn't anything special but it seems to get the job done. I'm also confused on how to turn "Film" mode on, as it seems to gray itself out in the options. I'm still playing with it. Also, when I have the cable on, I can't hear the volume from the TV unless I turn the receiver off. There may be an option for that, but I'm not sure. Anywho, I don't use the cable TV and the receiver at the same time anyway.

I wish that the various video settings remembered adjustments I made. Making an adjustment to "Movie" mode puts the TV in "Preference" mode. It's really not a big deal.

Put a little more effort into the TV stand.

Lighting uniformity, motion performance. It passed my "Lion King" test, where I put on a dark scene from the Lion King Blu-Ray and look for signs of ghosting, and from what I can tell there was nothing

None so far.

It's amazing what you can get these days, especially around this time of year. I paid $550 for this TV, knowing I don't want to play the whole Black Friday game. Honestly it looks better than our Plasma downstairs and we probably paid $1,700 for it.

So far, the input lag has been very low. Some photos showed that it actually had a lower lag than my PC monitor (which I always thought felt very good with lag). From what I can tell, it seems to be a great TV for gamers.
post #1470 of 1507 Old 11-22-2012, 07:43 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung UN55ES6820F

Picture quality and price[got a great deal]

Picture Quality, Size, Smart Feature,Weight

Doesn't seem to have a gaming mode and the speakers are very weak, any movie or tv show i watch i have to crank up the volume. As well connectmovie is quite picky with some files especially mkv format ones. Only 3 hdmi slots and doesn't recognize my 2TB HDD plugged into a generic usb dock frown.gif, nopt to mention it doesnt have any physical buttons for power volume etc

More usb device support and an extra hdmi slot, plus good speakers wouldnt hurt. Physical buttons on the console

Pleas put physical buttons on it

Watching a movie like the Avengers in 1080P and wow just wow what image quality.

Cant seem to find a "calibration" setting for it or a game mode

It was crazy cheap compared to our old 32 inch Sony Bravia upstairs which we paid 800 for in 2009 i believe, and for 600 more we got a bigger,slimmer and much better tv

This is a great budget tv with everything from smart to 3D, and me being a novice i really couldnt see why youd pay more to get a 7 or 8 series tv honestly for someone who just plays ps3 and watches movies/cable tv this is more then enough. Just know that there no physical buttons on the panel itself and thing only comes with two 3D glasses.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc42d62u 42 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv , Sony Bravia V Series Kdl 40v2500 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page