Forum Jump: 

post #781 of 803 Old 11-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar5287 View Post

When you got your TV back, what is the firmware version number now?

Just curious, because I did email a complaint to Westinghouse about a year ago for the audio sync issue on analog channels. I just lived with it by changing the channel every commercial, and then eventually not watching anything but digital. If you have a new firmware version, I might be interested in seeing about getting it upgraded on my TV to see if it will fix a few minor niggles that I don't like.

The one I got back was still 1.00, version .23 or something like that. I shipped it out yesterday to get it fixed again and don't remember for sure. Sorry. I'll try and repost when i get it back if the audio works with the next one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 803 Old 12-08-2007, 01:28 AM

If anyone has advise I would appreciate it, they are going to replace my W3213 but I don't want another 32' tv, I would ideally like to get a TX -42F430S 42'' inch lcd tv, I hear that their are problems, but I would like to have a 42' tv 1080p tv. If anyone knows what to say to the manager, please help me out. Like, should I ask for them to meet me half way for the 42" Westinghouse, because I don't have a lot of money, but I will be working over winter break, and then graduating in the spring, from college, so hopefully I will be making money from there on out. Any other TV that comes recommended for around $1000 from Best Buy would be appreciated.

Update: So the price went back up on the Westinghouse, so I am thinking the NS-LCD42HD 42 inch 1080p Insignia set.
post #783 of 803 Old 12-14-2007, 01:40 AM

Does anyone have the problem with the tv randomly changing/scanning for channels or inputs, or does anyone know how to fix this issue. This is very annoying especially when i'm in the middle of a game or movie. Thanks in advance.
post #784 of 803 Old 12-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Got the second refurb today. Same black line problem as soon as I plugged it in. Have to send it back again and i'm trying to get either money back or a newer model. Spoke to a supervisor and she's sending in a request. She seemed surprised by the same problem 3 times in a row because they supposedly have a 2% failure rate. I'll update when I hear more. For everyone with the audio problem I've got firmware version 1.0 microversion 23. Seems to be working ok so far.
post #785 of 803 Old 12-18-2007, 06:24 PM

Ok I just got my call returned. They are going to replace it with a different model. I can choose between the LTV-32w6 or SK-32H240S. Anyone have any experience with either of these models? The SK-32H240S has two HDMI ports and a slightly better contrast ratio, so I'm leaning towards that one. I just want to make sure it doesn't have any of these ridiculous problems again. I'm going to check else where on AVS for forums pertaining to these two models but any input would be greatly appreciated.
post #786 of 803 Old 12-29-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicle View Post

Ok I just got my call returned. They are going to replace it with a different model. I can choose between the LTV-32w6 or SK-32H240S. Anyone have any experience with either of these models? The SK-32H240S has two HDMI ports and a slightly better contrast ratio, so I'm leaning towards that one. I just want to make sure it doesn't have any of these ridiculous problems again. I'm going to check else where on AVS for forums pertaining to these two models but any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have the SK-32H520S which is basically the same thing and it has the audio sync issue on analog channels. I believe the sync issue is only on the SPDIF output. When I have the audio output set to "Mixed" the TV speaker seems to be perfectly in sync but the SPDIF out gets more and more out of sync as time goes by. Changing channels fixes it a little but it never gets perfectly synced. This is a shame since the speakers on the unit are horrible especially at any medium to high volume level and obviously don't support digital surround sound.
post #787 of 803 Old 01-10-2008, 03:18 PM

I bought the same W3213 HD (Does it have the same guts as LTV-32w6 HD???) on BF and I use antenna only.

The TV freezes (HARD FREEZE) - does not respond to remote or buttons on TV - and I have to UNPLUG the whole thing to get it back up. I used to think that I noticed it more on channels that have lower signal strength - but that is not true - it happens even with great signal strength with a big honken' antenna. Anyone have a fix or have this problem? (I think I am just going to buy an HD Tuner Box...)

I called Westinghouse and they acted like it was no problem. None of my other LCD TVs freeze to the point of having to unplug them, but they couldn't care less and can't even acknowledge it is a problem. (For the record, it was "Roxanne" and her boss, they were both terrible CS reps...)

AND I have the white line on the left side ... and I have the black stripe on the right side too (I thought from too much 4:3, but why is it only on one side???)

Summary: This TV is poor.
post #788 of 803 Old 01-10-2008, 05:03 PM

My 3213 has some IR (Image Retention) right now on the right due to the black bar from watching SD. Is the black bar issue everyone seems to be having?

I have a slight one on the left, but I would think would fade over time from watching full screen/HD

http://www.practical-home-theater-gu...-sticking.html

Only real problem that has cropped up had to due with the inputs. HDMI would work if I put the TV set to component (had to have something plugged into component), component input didn't. SVideo (input1) worked, otherwise, all inputs displayed "Invalid Input" on the screen.

After unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in, it was back to where it was before - analog stations on the tuner would get signal bleed from Input1...otherwise all other inputs were/are working

Mongo only pawn in game of life...
post #789 of 803 Old 01-23-2008, 09:14 PM

I had the problem with the black bar (actually it was white) when i watched directv. You can fix the problem by adjusting the centering position in the setup menu. I did that and haven't noticed it since. I haven't experienced any problems besides that except when I first ran HDMI from the satelite box to the tv it used to flicker. Turning off the speakers in the tv menu fixed this problem (its hooked up to my receiver via optical cable). Over all i am very pleased with this tv it hasn't failed me yet and still looks terrific. I still even get compliments about the tv and people always inquire about where i got it and how much it was and cannot believe the low price I paid. I am fortunate to not have had a bad experience like most of you report.
post #790 of 803 Old 01-27-2008, 04:10 PM

Liked: 12
Just noticed this issue on the TV I bought for the folks. Mine is the 27W7. I purchased it last 1/31/07 (still within the 1 year warranty...and yes, I still have my Best Buy receipt.) Dropped Westinghouse and email but will probably call them tomorrow when they are open. Hopefully they can just let me swap at Best Buy instead of sending it in. The line is only about a quarter of the way down the picture on the right. Not totally noticeable unless you really look at it but still there regardless.

Thankfully, no issues with my 32w6 (yet.)
post #791 of 803 Old 02-03-2008, 01:26 PM

I too have had hard freeze issues with the 3213 requiring unplugging.... Use antenna but good signal. I was able to live with that pesky annoyance.

Woke up this Super Bowl Sunday, however, and all my channels said "not available" even though it showed strong signal strength. DVD works fine so I attempted to rescan all my channels just to see what happens. I see a picture and initially think all is well but it turns out it picked up only analog channels. So, I think my HD tuner is shot 2 months after the warranty expired. Anyone with tips on getting this fixed or thoughts on perhaps another diagnosis?

Thanks in advance.
post #792 of 803 Old 02-03-2008, 04:11 PM

This TV's a piece. Bought one on BF 2006 and as of yesterday, it won't power on at all. Being the first of their new line of TV's based on ATI technology, it was a bad idea to take a risk on this even at the BF price. All the little issues with the video output was already annoying without their low quality components dying after 14 months (in this case, I'm guessing the Power Supply). Thank goodness I bought on Amex.

my friend bought a SK model Westinghouse, also based on the newer ATI chipsets and the PSU had issues - TV would turn on/off by itself. My LTV-32W1 has been issue-free for the 18 months I've owned it so I really feel like the Westy's using lower quality suppliers or their QC has gone down.
post #793 of 803 Old 02-24-2008, 06:47 AM

I always had the freeze problem with the tuner (I have a Tivo now, so that's not a problem anymore), but just this week I have the black line down the side and a streak starting to form down the middle of the screen.

I got this in Nov. of 2006, so of course the TV waits until after the 1 year mark to start acting up. Do think I still have a chance at getting this thing repaired or replaced?
post #794 of 803 Old 04-20-2008, 08:31 AM

For those who have the black line here is how I corrected it. I had the black line on the right side about 3" from edge. I believe the line is an image persistance problem, a result from watching channels in 4:3 mode. I have since corrected it and there is no sign of the line having appeared.
1) Displayed a blank white screen for 24 hours (or longer if possible).
2) Never watched in 4:3 mode again or atleast for any extended period. Always stretch the picture to fit.
post #795 of 803 Old 04-23-2008, 11:58 PM

Hey guys.
I found a deal online for this model, a refurbished one for $399.
As far as refurbished models go, am I more likely to have a problem out of it than a new one?
It comes with a 3 month warranty, and I'm buying a 1 yr ext., "just in case"
Thanks.
btw, I'll be gaming on it a lot with my xbox 360, how good is this tv with handling that?
post #796 of 803 Old 04-27-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmchea View Post

For those who have the black line here is how I corrected it. I had the black line on the right side about 3" from edge. I believe the line is an image persistance problem, a result from watching channels in 4:3 mode. I have since corrected it and there is no sign of the line having appeared.
1) Displayed a blank white screen for 24 hours (or longer if possible).
2) Never watched in 4:3 mode again or atleast for any extended period. Always stretch the picture to fit.

I'm trying this now. I'll post back in about a day with any results.
post #797 of 803 Old 06-07-2008, 06:45 PM

I have a problem that I don't think has been mentioned yet. I searched through most of the thread and didn't see anything. I have a greenish block, exactly the size of the black area displayed when watching 4:3 content, on the right side of the screen. It's on the left as well, but not nearly as bad.

It isn't evident when the screen is white and it's really not that noticeable, but it's there when watching HD content and it's really bugging me. I'm guessing it's from watching too much 4:3 content.

jmchea mentioned using a white screen for 24 hours to correct another problem, but would this help me out as well? Is there any risk with displaying a white screen for that long?
post #798 of 803 Old 12-07-2008, 07:53 PM

I am new to the site but will add my opinion. The TV is not that bad although I do have the Black line of death. I took the TV back to BB and they sent it off to be "repaired" still waiitng on the outcome...
post #799 of 803 Old 12-08-2008, 12:42 PM

I've had the TV since Black Friday 2006 and have not had any problems with it to date.
post #800 of 803 Old 01-02-2009, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I haven't hand any problems with it either, but now I am worried that I will :-/
post #801 of 803 Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 PM

I have a positive experience with Best Buy/Geek Squad to share with this forum:

I bought a Westinghouse LTV-32W6, 32" 720p, for $699.99 in 11/2006 at the Best Buy in Nashua, NH store. I never buy any extended warranty on electronics but I did buy the 4 yr extended warranty from Best Buy on this unit for $99.99 because it was a new brand (for TV).

Ever since I brought it home, the screen will freeze from time to time, sometimes multiple instances within a day, sometimes once a week. As others mentioned in this forum, I had to unplug the unit and re-plug it to have the TV working again. In Jan this year, 2009, I finally decided to call the Geek Squad to exercise my warranty and get this taken care of before it expires. I called the Geek Squad and explain to them the screen freezing problem and they scheduled a tech for a home visit in 2 weeks, that would be 1st week of Feb. Two weeks went by and the tech called that Feb morning and showed up within the 8am to 12pm window at 8:40am. He looked at the TV and in less than 5 minutes, he said he needed to order a new part and it'll be there in 1 1/2 weeks. Three weeks gone by and I called at the end of Feb to follow up. The phone rep said the part is still not in and won't be in until the end of March. I said it's unfair for me to have to wait that long and the rep followed up with "let me see what the hold up is for the replacement part, if it is taken too long, I can have your TV replaced". She said it'll take 2 to 3 business day to find out. Well, I got a call yesterday, 3/3 and the rep said they'll replace my TV and gave me my RMA #. Of course, the stipulation was a comparable replacement model. Hmm...I surfed over to Best Buy website and see if they still carry the Westinghouse and what other models are available. Well, they don't carry any big Westinghouse anymore (Target does) and I saw the other comparable models are from Dynex, Insignia, Samsung, Sony, etc... The Dynex and Insignia models are selling at way below the price I purchased and since I have never heard of those brands, I was kinda bummed that BB will force me to take one of these unknown brand as replacement.

Today, I packaged up the Westinghouse and drove to BB. It was relatively quiet on a Wednesday afternoon. I went to the Geek Squad counter and there are 2 other customers in front of me. I waited about 10 min and explained to the Geek Squader my situation, she told me to bring the TV inside to the customer service area while she'll print out my paperwork. After I dropped off the TV and got my paperwork, I was directed to the Magnolia's counter. The sales rep was very friendly and took my paperwork and started to data entry all the stuff from the paperwork. We made small talk while he was entering the data. At the end, he said he did his best and got me a $650.00 credit. So, I guess 2 years of depreciation was about $49.99.

I was quite happy with the credit and I upgraded to a Toshiba 40RV525U 40" 1080p LCD TV for $250.00 more. I didn't get the extended warranty because I didn't want to spend any more money, it would have been $149.99 for a 4 yr warranty.

I got the new TV home, set it up and viola, the picture was better, the digital reception from the antenna was slightly better, the audio was better, the UI was a lot more intuitive than the Westinghouse. The only problem is that the Toshiba remote control does not have my LG DVD player code.

I'm happy to report that not all experience with Best Buy/Geek Squad are bad and stressful.
post #802 of 803 Old 09-22-2009, 01:53 PM

I also have the extended service plan from Best Buy, and I'm also seeing the random hard locks on the set.

Best Buy has come out twice, once replacing the mainboard, and once to just reset all the settings on the TV and do a new channel scan (yes, that is all he did). I asked what actually has to happen for a replacement, and they said that without proof (having it lock while they are there), they can't\\won't do anything about it.

I'm pretty disappointed in Best Buy right now
post #803 of 803 Old 03-30-2010, 01:50 AM

Hi..im new here,i hope someone can respond?!
i have a westinghouse 32w6,and seeing the pictures from the post of elixir way back,.seems like i accidentally miscalibrated my vga picture in the service menu..and now the menu is back to the non-service menu and i cant see the factory setting option..

can somebody help me with the code to access the service menu?!..
i hope someone replies!!TNX!!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page