Originally Posted by SnowFox
Doesn't everyone agree that if it's made in November or beyond it's fine? I think one or two got defects in November but it seems like the wisest thing to do, right? Would that be even possible? To ask the employee "Hey look I want this model with a production date of so and so." Also how many agree that this problem will dissipate within the next 2-4 months?
I have personally seen two 46XBR2s with November 2006 build date.
This was at two local BB stores. One was on display and one was
brand new out of the box. The latter was purchased by me and opened
while still in the store... got a refund 5 minutes later.
Both had the cloudy issue. The one on display was much worse, but the
one in the box still had unacceptable amount of white clouds.
I now have a 46XBR2 on order with SonyStyle, which won't ship for another
three week. However, I'm seriously considering cancelling that order and
wait a couple more months. While I may get a 46XBR2 from a newer batch,
it is still possible to get one with the white clouds. I really don't feel like
dealling with taking delivery and having to make arrangements for a return.
Too much hassle....
Perhaps I'll just wait a copule of months, or until
no more reports of white clouds are posted?