Help! Would you trade in a Sammy 23" LCD for Sceptre 32" LCD? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-12-2006, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, long time lurker - first time poster here!

The answer might be obvious at first glance but hear me out - I have an opportunity to trade in my Samsung LN-S2338W (the black glossy one you see at "C") 23" LCD HD-ready TV for a Sceptre X32GV 32" HDTV for no additional cost. I am currently very satisfied with my Sammy (love the styling and PQ) and am having a hard time deciding whether it might be worth it to trade it in for the "no-name" ho-hum styled Sceptre (23" to 32" is quite a leap).

I feel this is a once in a lifetime (OK, maybe once a year-ish) chance to upgrade size-wise from a 23" to a 32" for free but am held back by my apprehension of using a generic brand over the well-constructed Samsung that I am currently happy with. The Sceptre model also includes a built in ASTC tuner and the Sammy does not... I am planning on using my TV set for HD Xbox 360 play, viewing DVD's, external laptop monitor, and light HDTV viewing. Any suggestions / comments? What would you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-23-2006, 09:33 PM

Samsung is by far a better lcd. Sony owns half of one of the samsung plants (there are two samsung plants) from what I remember and make an incredible panel. I however ordered 2 of these lcd's you speak of for other uses. If the sizes works for you now, by no means should you upgrade. you have a great lcd.

Unless you need the HD Tuner, I can't remember if that model had one. Those are nice to have every now and then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-02-2006, 02:23 AM
Advanced Member

I looked at trading my Sammy 23" up for a Vizio 32" that was $50 more...I looked and looked at them side by side and I just couldn't do it...couldn't sacrifice size for PQ..The Sammy IMO has unbeatable PQ...the Vizio looked pretty good, but no where near the outstanding PQ of the Sammy...I stuck with the Sammy and never looked back...

Hitachi CMP-4202U Pro 42" HD Plasma
Samsung LN-S2338W 23" Flat Panel LCD
Sony SVR-3000 460 Hour Network DVR w/Tivo
Tivo Series Two 40 Hour
Sony RDR-GX-7
Sony RDR-GX-300
Sony RDR GX-315
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page