Syntax 332H going back (huge disappointment) - what's a decent 32" LCD ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-20-2006, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered Syntax Olevia 332H for my coffee room, expecting to get an OK TV for use as a secondary TV with my Panasonic 42PWD8UY plasma. What a disappointment with Syntax. I am running Sony 777ES changer and Motorola Comcast DVR to Autopatch Matrix switcher to both locations. While watch Ice Age opening i can see a squirrel running on a snow on Panny, Syntax will only show a brown thingy moving across blue background.
On syntax 332H i couldn't see a difference between white snow and blue sky !!!!!
I played with all the adjustments but couldn't get an acceptable picture - so i had to send it back, lucky i bought it from retailer who takes returns.

So why did it suck so bad ? And what should i check when shopping for replacement ? Possible candidates Viewsonic 3251, HP LC3760N

Some problems problems:
Syntax's picture looked like it got 256 colors - will HP's "up to 16.7 million colors " be better ? Or there is no LCD that can match panny's "29 billion colors"
Syntax was loosing small details (like nose on family guy) - will good scaler in brand name LCD work better ?

I am looking for relatively small TV that must hang on a wall and not have screen door effect when watched up close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-20-2006, 11:02 PM

kirill--toshiba 32, panasonic 32lx60, ,samsung 3251 ,( sony 32 xbr--but expensive!) can't go wrong with either of these. good luck jeroldd
post #3 of 5 Old 11-30-2006, 04:27 AM

You had a bad set man, no other way around it. I have the 337H, same exact TV only 5" larger and its GREAT. For the price it absolutely cannot be beat. It is quite comparable with my dad's 40" Bravia. The Bravia is of course better when sitting 2 feet from the screen (less pixelation in SD), but sitting 10 feet away there is no noticeable difference whatsoever in 1080i. The only TV that i have seen that i could consider far and away better than the 337H is the Sharp Aquos. And i think that set is far and away better from ANY LCD ive ever seen. I couldnt be happier with my 337H and i only shelled out $500 for it.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-30-2006, 02:08 PM

Looks like a bad set, I have nothing but good things to say about the 332H.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-30-2006, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Kirill, if you are willing to spend around $900, check out the Sharp Aquos LC-32D41U which is the replacement for the LC-32D40U model that received a glowing review by PC magazine.
Apparently the 41U uses a better panel - read : manufactured by Sharp at the Kameyama 1 plant - than the 40U, whose panel is manufactured by another company....Just don't quote me on that !
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page