MAG MA-32EF1AC 32-inch 1080i LCD TV - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2009, 02:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tink you got it wrong the GT321AX does not exist it really GT321xa and it has two hdmi inputs, try finding the original jl version good luck and it would prob burn out in 18 mos again, Im going to use the gt board it should work we will see. it may require a few cuts to get the extra hdmi inout in the back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 02:45 PM

It did work, I had to cut the metal to accomadate the extra hdmi port, but it works and says its a polaroid. thanks
Old 08-01-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbbone View Post

It did work, I had to cut the metal to accomadate the extra hdmi port, but it works and says its a polaroid. thanks

Where did you find your part stubbbone?
Old 08-01-2009, 02:58 PM

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear...ult/?q=GT321xa

I bought one for 119.00 plus 10.00 shipping it really does not matter which one you get (various model) just be sure the jumpers on on the top two spots not the bottom two as that will deliver 15 instead of 5. Been working since I installed it, in fact the firmware is easier to use. 130 bucks to get it running alway check e-bay but shop jimmy stands behind their products.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:36 AM

COOL! Much Appreciated!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:18 PM

I fixed my tv by replacing the JL321XA board with a GT321XA-BH Polaroid board and am happy to say I got it working here is what I did:

Before I removed the old JL321XA board I took a picture of everything connected to refer to in case I had any problems reconnecting anything. I ordered the GT321XA-BH Polaroid board from shopjimmy.com. When I installed it I made sure to reconnect everything the way it was before. I also made sure that the jumper was in the up position to make sure it was getting the correct voltage. The jumper was in the exact same place but had a sticker over it so I didn't see it at first. I reconnected everything and at first nothing happened. I realized I didn't push the board in far enough and the parallel port looking connection on the back wasn't fully connected. I screwed the back panel in a bit to get some of the parts to stay in place and it worked when I powered it on. I also had to use a rotary cutter (dremel) to make room for the HDMI ports. It looks kind of ugly but it works. The only difference is it now thinks it is running a Polaroid board. Picture in picture no longer works with this board but on the plus side there is a second HDMI port. It also thinks I have a card reader and USB in the source options even though they aren't there.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:51 PM

My TV is still up and running with only one real annoyance. When trying to tune a 720p channel the picture is fine on the left side but pixelated on the right side as if it is getting a weak signal and fading in and out. I talked to someone else who added the GT321XA board into his Mag TV and he is experiencing the same problem. When connected to a 720p source from the HDMI port it works fine.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:25 PM

Sorry to bring up an old issue. Just picked up a MAG MA-32EF1ASP and I am going to install the Polaroid GT321XA-BH board, but the power connector on the Polaroid board is 9 pins and the cable in the TV is 7 pins. Does anyone have the pinout requirements for the Polaroid board(voltage, on/off enable, etc)? It looks like I will have to change connectors. The other thing I would like to mention to anyone else doing the modification, is that you also have to remove some of the standoffs from the main chassis and add them in other place so the board will screw down. It also appears that you lose the second tuner input (DTV). Correct me if I am wrong on the tuner.
Thanks
Old 09-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi - does anyone know of a universal remote that works with this TV? Also, if anyone has a stock remote I could buy, please let me know (feel free to PM me).

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:26 PM

Glad to see this post helped a few others out. Two years later, I am happy to report my "Polaroid" tv has outlasted the original, with not a single lock up.

@ajstan99: If you still have the tv, try using codes listed for Polaroid or Mitsubishi. As far as to how I figured out the problem, I used a multimeter to test all the voltages on the set and determined power not to be an issue. Electrically, the whole set is fine. The firmware chip just seems to destroy itself over time somehow. If someone had the microsoldering skills, you could probably just replace that and be fine.

@stubbbone: You are correct, I fatfingered the model#s in that post, it is GT321XA / JL321XA

@dicepackage: My original JL321XA didn't support picture in picture, either. Makes me wonder if there wasn't a second revision of this piece of junk floating around out there?
Old 07-22-2012, 01:55 PM

Does anyone still have the PDF manual of the TV that can post or e-mail?

THanks!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:09 AM

I got this model back in 2006. It worked great! About 2 years ago the motherboard was replaced. ($150.00)
It works great again! I have the manual, if yours is missing