OLEVIA 32" 2 Series LCD HDTV (232V) - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1473 Old 05-04-2007, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Where did you buy yout TV from?? I'm guessing Circuit City? Did you get an EW?? If not call the store you bought it from, CC honors the 1 yr warranty, they will fix it or give you another. Have you tried to contact them, or is this contempt prior to investigation?? I did that with a Sony LCD without problems.

Remember this is just a TV, your problems could be alot worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDphile22 View Post

As I said repeatedly, I had this TV for 5+ months, so it's Way past return policy at any stores!

And, how am I lucky? I am not understanding what makes me lucky to have a TV fail on me later than other people have it day 1 or first 3 months?

I couldn't even return it to the Store anymore!

If anything I AM NOT Lucky, at all! I have to pay for Shipping & Handling to Olevia to Fix my TV now (Unless it's firmware issue, then it need to come out ASAP)

Then what? I get another TV from Olevia, who knows how good that will be?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1473 Old 05-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIch2putt View Post

It's been 45 days since I owned the Olevia 232v & had very good luck so far. May-be it will **** to bed in a few more months, who knows........

All brands of LCD's has one type of issue or another regardless of price point. I don't play games or used it as a pc........

I have Comcast - HDMI connection from Motorola DVR. Remote control unit & figuring out the menu is Olevia's low point.

So far picture quality has been very good to excellent.........

Yeah Yeah, that's what I Said even a week ago myself, BUT once it has problems for you so early in life, you will React Much differently about it!

NO product I ever Owned in my life have had such big problems this Fast. Almost ALL of them last for 2+ years!
post #543 of 1473 Old 05-04-2007, 09:44 PM

I just want to chime as someone who owns two Olevia tvs, one of which for over 1 1/2 years, and have had NO problems. Does that mean they will last forever? Who knows..

I am sorry that you are having this bad experience, but f-ing grow up. Calling people out sayin they work for Olevia? And you've left about 15 posts whining about your situation, repeating the same crap over and over again. Here's an idea...do something about it! If it's that bad, get a replacement. I know it has a one-year warranty.
post #544 of 1473 Old 05-05-2007, 02:44 PM

Hey guys I have a question about the qam tuner
What do you guys use to tune into channels? Its really wierd. I get a lot of channels when I do standard search for channels, but most of them say "no picture" at the bottom right
I am suppsoed to get tnt hd, espn hd, msg hd etc but all I get are 1-13.
The cable I use to hook up to the tv isnt rg-6 though. Could it be a problem with the cable istelf and not the tv? I mean its really wierd, because I have around 200 channels from around 90-116 which are mostly "no picture"
The hd channels which I spoke of before that I dont get arent .1 under the sd channel
So is it the cable? Or is it somethign with my tv?
post #545 of 1473 Old 05-05-2007, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
you won't get EPSN HD, or discovery HD, unless your cable operator doesn't encrypt them. But most if not every cable operator i've seen so far encrypts those channels. Mainly you'll only get to see your local channels in HD.

- Josh
post #546 of 1473 Old 05-05-2007, 04:35 PM

I have them from the provider. I am supposed to get them with my cable package. Do they still encrypt them anyway or can I get them with qam?

I also have a splitter before the connection gets to my tv, and that goes up to 1000hz. Do I need a digital splitter?
post #547 of 1473 Old 05-06-2007, 09:04 AM

Just to make it clear, I have the channels form my provider. I just dont want to get another cable box if I dont need it.
post #548 of 1473 Old 05-06-2007, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

yes, even if your paying for those channels they still encrypt them. Pretty much the only HD channels that aren't encrypted are the local channels.

- Josh
post #549 of 1473 Old 05-06-2007, 07:35 PM

Damn it. Another $72 a year. Thanks for the info.
post #550 of 1473 Old 05-07-2007, 01:27 AM

I've been looking around for quite some time to find the hole pattern for the mount. I've been getting conflicting results using google and whatnot with some saying its 200X100 mm or 200x400 mm.

Could someone please verify this for me?
post #551 of 1473 Old 05-07-2007, 01:35 AM

I have to comment on the performance of this unit when used as a monitor...

wow!

...after seeing a Viewsonic connected to a laptop in office depot the other day (this is Viewsonic now who makes a great deal of pc monitors) it couldn't touch this set! I mean it was two different worlds!

Now, if I could only figure out how to get GRAW to play at 1024x768 without cutting the pictre down I'd be without issues of any real issues of any kind.

BTW, I liked it so much I ended up getting another for the bedroom! For $440 it can't be beat!

I do wish there were more support for this set on this forum but I guess if the majority of owners aren't having any issues to speak of it...
post #552 of 1473 Old 05-07-2007, 06:05 AM

I'm confused... how do you pick up unencrypted HD channels from Cable? Do you just connect a regular coaxial cable to your tuner? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Also, does anyone have/can anyone take pictures of their Olevia? I want to get a better idea of what their TVs look like, but all the stores that carry it split their HD signal like... 50 times, which completely ruins the picture.
post #553 of 1473 Old 05-07-2007, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSparks View Post

I just want to chime as someone who owns two Olevia tvs, one of which for over 1 1/2 years, and have had NO problems. Does that mean they will last forever? Who knows..

I am sorry that you are having this bad experience, but f-ing grow up. Calling people out sayin they work for Olevia? And you've left about 15 posts whining about your situation, repeating the same crap over and over again. Here's an idea...do something about it! If it's that bad, get a replacement. I know it has a one-year warranty.

Well said..............
post #554 of 1473 Old 05-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PengyTeK View Post

I've been looking around for quite some time to find the hole pattern for the mount. I've been getting conflicting results using google and whatnot with some saying its 200X100 mm or 200x400 mm.

Could someone please verify this for me?

The pattern on my 232V is the 200x100 VESA pattern except that it doesn't have the middle holes, meaning it's got four holes 200mm horizontally spaced and 100mm vertically spaced. The two VESA-pattern holes in the middle horizontally aren't there. I used a third party articulating wall mount (a very nice one from Costco for about $89) and I used its large VESA plate and the four holes that were there.
post #555 of 1473 Old 05-07-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:

Do you work for Olevia or something?

No. Do you work for one of their competitors and you're just trying to badmouth Olevia products?

Your name calling really got on my good side and really makes me want to help you. Fer sure.

Quote:

It is pretty Obvious, that if you read this thread. Many of people were complaining about either Green Tint issue, or the Fuzzy/Blurry video quality earlier on. Like 1-3 months from November.

"Many" from a forum point of view where most posts are for the purpose of complaining, but I don't think a majority of all the posters on all 19 pages have had the 'green problem' (many don't even use the component interface where it has been seen) , and not a large number compared to the number of units sold. You read all 19 pages of postings?

Quote:

What I did to get this to happen?

Set probably picked up on your karma.

Quote:

Now, I don't know why people Aren't replying to this thread anymore, I wonder? Maybe people returned this TV and got another Brand?

Dunno. We've still got the one I bought for my wife in our bedroom. She
still loves it so far.

Quote:

And, the actual people still owning this TV that dies after just 5 months of owning, WTF is the wrong with this quality and DON'T you defend it!!! Most of other products I bought lasted for YEARS without such crappy problems!

In most cases I'd have sympathy for someone who pays good money and gets crap in return. Don't know why but I don't feel that way for you just now.
post #556 of 1473 Old 05-07-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSparks View Post

I know it has a one-year warranty.

Yep we couldn't agree more with you Marc. Not only does Olevia have a 1 year warranty, but it's also a in-house warranty, so all they have to do is make a simple phone call, but they'll probably just wait until the warranty runs out - so they can complain more

We've got a 37" 537H Olivia an it's hands down the best TV we've ever owned! At $699 it was a steal

Quote:

I have to comment on the performance of this unit when used as a monitor...

wow!

Yep, they are an amazing monitor. We're using ours @ 1360x768 via the HDMI input and the picture is razor sharp and crystal clear. I used to drool over the Apple 30" - but this 37" Olivia is even better. Whenever someone comes over to see it their first three words are usually "oh my God!"
post #557 of 1473 Old 05-07-2007, 07:32 PM

Does anybody have an xbox elite yet? If so how good is the dvd playback on the 232 V? Is it a good upscaler?
post #558 of 1473 Old 05-08-2007, 07:14 AM

If anyone is experiencing colored lines, waves etc.......You can try these experiments.

Assuming you have a cable box:
1) Disconnect the cable from the cable box & connect directly to the cable connection behind the TV.

2) Use the TV tuner & see if the picture is the same or improved.

3) If no improvement, adjust the colores via menu.

4) Try a different HDMI cable or change to a component cable.

5) If all else fails, call tech support.

I used Olevia tech support only once. I was on hold for 45 mins (seems to be an average time on hold these days). Spoke to a tech who knew his english & was very knowledgable & helpful.

After several minutes on the phone trouble shooting, the fault was with the cable box & not the Olevia. ( I had audio issues).

Good Luck to all...........
post #559 of 1473 Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 AM

Interesting post.
Looking at the circuit city special for this week, i'm about to pull the trigger on the 232 today.
I understand that the 232 does not have a in-home warranty which is making me anxious.
Also, I have a 10% off coupon for CC which makes the deal even more attractive.

so, i'm on the fence between a CC 232 and an online vendor for a 532.

initial plans are to buy a 32" and use it in the living room until BF.
Then, during black friday, move this tv to the bedroom and buy either a 42/50" for the main room.

I would also upgrade to the dish vip622 this month, so that will take care of my hd signals.
seeing that once this olevia goes into the bedroom and will be fed through coax, i guess I do not care much about the hd quality of the set.
it is an all black bezel, has 1 hdmi for my divx player and is not a CRT and under 5 benjamins....i think that should be enough.

things are making me tremor a little bit to place the order
1) should I spend the $150 more and get a 532 from an online vendor
2) should I spend about $200 more and get a 537!
3) should I gamble and buy a refurb 232/532 online?

my citi cc will give me an additional warranty of 1 yr in either case.
but, if I have to ship my 232 out, it will cost $100!!!

sometimes, I think I will get paralyzed with so much analysis.

any thoughts?
post #560 of 1473 Old 05-08-2007, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

I'd say buy it for CC. get the 10% off. You don't like it, you've got 30 days to return it.

Nothing better than buying it local and giving it a try.

- Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordita View Post

Interesting post.
Looking at the circuit city special for this week, i'm about to pull the trigger on the 232 today.
I understand that the 232 does not have a in-home warranty which is making me anxious.

so, i'm on the fence between a CC 232 and an online vendor for a 532.

initial plans are to buy a 32" and use it in the living room until BF.
Then, during black friday, move this tv to the bedroom and buy either a 42/50" for the main room.

I would also upgrade to the dish vip622 this month, so that will take care of my hd signals.
seeing that once this olevia goes into the bedroom and will be fed through coax, i guess I do not care much about the hd quality of the set.
it is an all black bezel, has 1 hdmi for my divx player and is not a CRT and under 5 benjamins....i think that should be enough.

things are making me tremor a little bit to place the order
1) should I spend the $150 more and get a 532 from an online vendor
2) should I spend about $200 more and get a 537!
3) should I gamble and buy a refurb 232/532 online?

sometimes, I think I will get paralyzed with so much analysis.

any thoughts?

post #561 of 1473 Old 05-08-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet HDTV View Post

Yep we couldn't agree more with you Marc. Not only does Olevia have a 1 year warranty, but it's also a in-house warranty, so all they have to do is make a simple phone call, but they'll probably just wait until the warranty runs out - so they can complain more

We've got a 37" 537H Olivia an it's hands down the best TV we've ever owned! At $699 it was a steal

Yep, they are an amazing monitor. We're using ours @ 1360x768 via the HDMI input and the picture is razor sharp and crystal clear. I used to drool over the Apple 30" - but this 37" Olivia is even better. Whenever someone comes over to see it their first three words are usually "oh my God!"

I am sorry but there is no way its better than the apple 30 inch. That display is capable of 1440p output! there isnt even any 1440p video source yet!
post #562 of 1473 Old 05-08-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmakstudios View Post

I'm confused... how do you pick up unencrypted HD channels from Cable? Do you just connect a regular coaxial cable to your tuner? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Also, does anyone have/can anyone take pictures of their Olevia? I want to get a better idea of what their TVs look like, but all the stores that carry it split their HD signal like... 50 times, which completely ruins the picture.

Yes that is exactly what you do. Simply put in the coax cable and autosearch for channels.

I would take a picture but I dont have my digital camera right now
post #563 of 1473 Old 05-10-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordita View Post

Interesting post.

I think that the CC price is pretty good (especially if you can get one or more discounts) and I like the fact that it can be returned easily during the first 30 days if there is some problem early on.

I do agree that I would be more comfortable if it had the in-home service, but looking at FedEx Ground I think the shipping would be about $50 for me (south east to west coast). If something did go wrong I'd still be saving a fair amount over the price of the 532h.

So, IMO, I don't think that the 532h is really worth the extra $$$.
post #564 of 1473 Old 05-11-2007, 08:07 AM

Ok guys I just got this TV and I have been looking for a wall mount. I went through this thread and saw someone has a VERSA 200x100 mount and it works fine. I have a question if these would work as well?

THE PRICE IS 24.50 USD

From Monoprice HOME > PARTS > LCD Plasma Bracket > Adjustable Tilting Wall Mount Bracket for LCD Plasma (Max 165Lbs, 23~36inch)

(I cant send links becuase I am a new member

Specs: Adjustable Tilting Wall Mount Bracket for LCD Plasma (Max 165Lbs, 23~36inch)

Easy to install.
High Quality Toughened Steel,Scratch resistant surface,Silver Finish.
Tilt adjustment system offers either fixed 0 degree position or fixed 15 degree downward tilt.
Fits most large flat panel plasma and LCD TVs 23-36".
Supports up to 165 lbs / 75 kgs.
Mounting bolts and screws included.
Fits to 23~36inch
Universal Mounting Bracket: Fits most VESA Standard mounting patterns of 450 or less.
Mounting holes
post #565 of 1473 Old 05-11-2007, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

post #566 of 1473 Old 05-11-2007, 08:40 AM

I guess we're not supposed to post prices here, but I hope I can at least say that I picked up a 432V at Office Depot last weekend on an unadvertised clearance special and got a great deal! Check your local Office Depot if you have one nearby, it was significantly lower than the web price and it wasn't just the one store, I drove 10 miles north to get one still in the box as the one by my house where I found the deal only had the display model left.
post #567 of 1473 Old 05-12-2007, 05:24 AM

Vizio VX32L HDTV vs. Olevia 232V LCD TV? Whats the best of the cheap 32's?
Hello everyone on AV forums. I was just wondering which is the best cheap 32 inch flat display out there right now.Anyone have any comments? Thanks for your help.

-peter-
post #568 of 1473 Old 05-13-2007, 07:42 PM

I just got one today. How do you watch analog cable TV? I installed the coax into the input and nothing shows up. There's no source for analog, aren't I suppose to get a snowy input for analog cable? The sources are HDMI, Component, VGA, S-Video and that's it?
post #569 of 1473 Old 05-13-2007, 11:54 PM

Do you need the plate adapter for this wall mount (the 200x200) one that monoprice sells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by umdivx View Post

Yup I got the same mount.

here's some pics of my isntall:
http://picasaweb.google.com/umdivx/HDTV_Bedroom_Install

here's the mount: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

- Josh

post #570 of 1473 Old 05-14-2007, 12:50 PM

Hi all,
Just picked up the set last night and plan to hook up to PC via VGA. I tried it through the standard Comcast (no box) and the TV detected some HD channels with black bars on both sides in full mode. Did I get a defect TV or is it normal since I don't have HD box?
Thanks in advance and sorry for noobie's question.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Olevia , Lcd Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page