AVS Forum banner

OLEVIA 32" 2 Series LCD HDTV (232V)

344K views 1K replies 431 participants last post by  deshayzilla 
#1 ·
OLEVIA 32" 2 Series LCD HDTV (232V)

does the 232 version exist?

is that the model number?

its was being sold on cc on black friday.

when was this model made?

is it a good?

does anybody have one?

any info wll help.

#1,179 ·
Regarding the323v, are the settings saved for each source? For the Tuner source options are Analog, 1080i, HDTV, 720P, does that mean when selecting hdtv that the tv toggles between resolutions automatically?

Anyone care to post their settings?

Thanks,

Ray

#1,180 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayven /forum/post/12588478

Regarding the323v, are the settings saved for each source? For the Tuner source options are Analog, 1080i, HDTV, 720P, does that mean when selecting hdtv that the tv toggles between resolutions automatically?

Anyone care to post their settings?

Thanks,

Ray

those settings are for the picture settings as in color, brightness, sharpess, contrast, etc..

Also the tv saves each setting for each source. If you calibrated your tv, it would be listed under custom, but u have to do it for each source.

#1,181 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgep01 /forum/post/12544228

After I updated the firmware and removed the flash drive, I turned the TV back on and, on "HDMI" source, got a black screen with the "no signal" display to the lower left. The HDMI had worked just fine right up to the point I upgraded the firmware.

When I set the TV to "Tuner", with direct input from the cable, the set worked fine. If I used "Tuner", but instead set it to channel 3 and used the RF output from the cable box, everything was also fine, including all the cable box functionality. So the basic operation of the TV and cable box was OK; only HDMI was affected.

I suspect this was a "handshake" problem, as the cable box was also confused, flashing "dul" on its display every 5 seconds or so (unless I turned off the TV). My understanding is that, with HDMI, the cable box and TV communicate with each other to work something out, and were failing to do so with the new firmware. This was indicated by the "dul" message, which is apparently the way that "dvi" has to be represented on a 7-segment display. So my guess is that the cable box thought it was supposed to be speaking DVI instead of HDMI (very similar but not similar enough?).

I got this TV for chrstmas and it has the latest firmware. I am having the same problem as George.

#1,182 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtiak /forum/post/12588510

those settings are for the picture settings as in color, brightness, sharpess, contrast, etc..

Also the tv saves each setting for each source. If you calibrated your tv, it would be listed under custom, but u have to do it for each source.

thank you

#1,185 ·
Hey...

Ok, I know this is a 40 page thread, so I assume my question has been answered in it, but I honestly don't have the time to read it all... I know, I suck.

That said, I had decided on this tv a few days ago, and was just about to order it when I found this thread. I see most of it is a year old, but wow, is this tv really crappy or something?

This is my setup:

Xbox 360 NOT using HDMI (that seems to be the source of a problem?), I'll hook it up using component.

DVDs being played through the 360

Satalite TV connecting into the cable input.

The 360 is connected via optical audio to my surround sound, and I plan on connecting this TV to the surround sound as well, for 2ch, normal TV viewing.

Does any of this setup cause any of the problems people are discussing?

Thanks much for answering what is probably already answered.

#1,186 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Horne /forum/post/12605832

Hey...

Ok, I know this is a 40 page thread, so I assume my question has been answered in it, but I honestly don't have the time to read it all... I know, I suck.

That said, I had decided on this tv a few days ago, and was just about to order it when I found this thread. I see most of it is a year old, but wow, is this tv really crappy or something?

This is my setup:

Xbox 360 NOT using HDMI (that seems to be the source of a problem?), I'll hook it up using component.

DVDs being played through the 360

Satalite TV connecting into the cable input.

The 360 is connected via optical audio to my surround sound, and I plan on connecting this TV to the surround sound as well, for 2ch, normal TV viewing.

Does any of this setup cause any of the problems people are discussing?

Thanks much for answering what is probably already answered.

Why plug in the satellite tv into the coax input? the tv won't be able to change channels, you need to connect it with rca or s-video (or higher if your satellite box supports it).

I have all the components you listed and more connected, and I have 0 problems. Only problems I have with the tv is the hum (which i can't even hear since I use my sound system) and the blue led light that keeps turning on.

I love the tv, but that said, the Vizio 32" (the competitor) has more connections. It has 2 hdmi, and 2 component. the olevia has 1 hdmi and has "2" component with 1 a real component jack and another being a vga-component jack which sucks since you have to buy a converter. Also the Vizio has discrete input selection, the olevia you have to keep pressing the input button to get to the right one. the remote on the vizio is also much better.

Also for Over The Air digital tv/hdtv, the vizio has a GUIDE!!! the olevia doesn't
(my friend has the vizio).

the remote is also better and universal for the vizio.

remote on the olevia is junk.

If I had another chance, I probably would have gotten the Vizio.

the Olevia does boast better contrast ratio etc.. but that's all subjective.

EDIT.. Oh also, the Vizio supports picture in picture and side by side picture.

#1,187 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtiak /forum/post/12606415

Why plug in the satellite tv into the coax input? the tv won't be able to change channels, you need to connect it with rca or s-video (or higher if your satellite box supports it).

The satalite goes coax because it's one of those "two room" systems, where one tv gets the nomrla connectors, and the box outputs signal to the other tv through the in house coax.

It means that I currently set my tv on channel 3, and the sat box displays all my channels on that specfic channel. Not the best system ever, but it also means I only have to use the (apparently crappy) remote to change sources.

Quote:
I have all the components you listed and more connected, and I have 0 problems. Only problems I have with the tv is the hum (which i can't even hear since I use my sound system) and the blue led light that keeps turning on.

I love the tv, but that said, the Vizio 32" (the competitor) has more connections. It has 2 hdmi, and 2 component. the olevia has 1 hdmi and has "2" component with 1 a real component jack and another being a vga-component jack which sucks since you have to buy a converter. Also the Vizio has discrete input selection, the olevia you have to keep pressing the input button to get to the right one. the remote on the vizio is also much better.

Also for Over The Air digital tv/hdtv, the vizio has a GUIDE!!! the olevia doesn't
(my friend has the vizio).

the remote is also better and universal for the vizio.

remote on the olevia is junk.

If I had another chance, I probably would have gotten the Vizio.

the Olevia does boast better contrast ratio etc.. but that's all subjective.

EDIT.. Oh also, the Vizio supports picture in picture and side by side picture.

I think I can live with all that... I'd never really use the remote (except to change sources,) I have an audio system too, so I guess the hum is negligible, and in the 5 years of owning a PIP tv, I've literally never used it...

You're right, more connectors would be nice... That said, I don't think it's worth it... I have no need now, and can always just buy a switch later.

Thanks much for the input. I was thoroughly convinced this tv was exatly what I needed, then randomly decided to search here, and got terrified...

Thanks much.

#1,189 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzticaznfool /forum/post/12606861

did anyone's tv just died on them?? the software in mine just wont boot up when i turn it on.

What software? oh and my HDMI is working fine again and it does make the picture fantastic i just had to switch something in my dvd player to auto 1080p which made it 1080i, there was a 1080i feature but it didn't work as well as the auto 1080p.

Also on my xbox360 i changed the output to 1080i because i think the graphics look better even though i said to leave it on 720p, i might as well use it's full potential rather then worry if it's gonna mess it up.

#1,190 ·
I have a 360, but I don't have a green tint problem. It seems when I have a dark area, like the inside of my ACOG scope (for those of you who know what that is) on Call of Duty 4, I get blue lines through it that look like electricity... I guess that's the best way to describe it. Any known fixes? Also I have a 232 S13...

#1,191 ·
try restarting the xbox or turning off your tv and turn it back on for those blue lines...i think i have had the same problem...and about switching ur xbox to 1080i doesnt really matter cause your tv resolution is still 720p...the 1080i is slightly compressed...what i do know is 720p is better for watching fast moving things(sports, games) and if you notice most all hd vids on the marketplace are for 720p...

#1,193 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_j05 /forum/post/12611637

try restarting the xbox or turning off your tv and turn it back on for those blue lines...i think i have had the same problem...and about switching ur xbox to 1080i doesnt really matter cause your tv resolution is still 720p...the 1080i is slightly compressed...what i do know is 720p is better for watching fast moving things(sports, games) and if you notice most all hd vids on the marketplace are for 720p...

I totally understand you but for some reason when i play battlefield 2 it hurts my eyes alot faster when the xbox is on 720p rather then 1080i. When it's on 1080i it takes a long time for my eyes to start hurting, it's really confusing cause i would think this being a 720p it would be better on that.

Also the upconverting dvdplayer on 1080i looks life like.

#1,194 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranny /forum/post/12609309

What software? oh and my HDMI is working fine again and it does make the picture fantastic i just had to switch something in my dvd player to auto 1080p which made it 1080i, there was a 1080i feature but it didn't work as well as the auto 1080p.

Also on my xbox360 i changed the output to 1080i because i think the graphics look better even though i said to leave it on 720p, i might as well use it's full potential rather then worry if it's gonna mess it up.

the olevia logo won't show up at all during startup and the display stays blank but on.

#1,195 ·
I like the 232V's HD picture but playing XBOX 360 games feels a bit choppy....perhaps I shouldnt say choppy because it gives the perception that games are visibly choppy. Their not noticeably choppy, they just dont feel as fluid as when I plug my 360 into a CRT tv or even my big screen Hitachi V500 Rear Projection LCD. Playing on the Olevia has this slight unfluidness to the motion of everything

#1,196 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge /forum/post/12618223

I like the 232V's HD picture but playing XBOX 360 games feels a bit choppy....perhaps I shouldnt say choppy because it gives the perception that games are visibly choppy. Their not noticeably choppy, they just dont feel as fluid as when I plug my 360 into a CRT tv or even my big screen Hitachi V500 Rear Projection LCD. Playing on the Olevia has this slight unfluidness to the motion of everything

Do you have your setting on 1080i or 720p?

I've noticed on the 1080i i think it takes out the blur.

#1,198 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzticaznfool /forum/post/12618165

the olevia logo won't show up at all during startup and the display stays blank but on.

so ur saying ur tv turns on but nothing displays...did you upgrade ur firmware and if so did you forget to pull out the usb drive(someone has done that before)...maybe try shutting off the main power on the back the turn it back on...if anything ur going to have to call olevia for repair, hope you have warranty

#1,199 ·
had it for like a month, like steven_j05 said, nothin display when i turn it on. I have not upgraded my firmware and it is a 232v s13, tried shutting main power but didnt work. i do have my warranty.. im on break from college right now and the tv is at my dorm so i will try to call for repair when i get back. thanx

#1,200 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by egrutsch /forum/post/12556741

I've had the 232V-S13 for 5 or 6 months, and everything was working fine until the night before last. Now, when I push the "source" button (on the TV itself or the remote), the only sources available are: tuner, s-video, and composite. There is nothing for component, VGA, etc. Only those 3 show up. I've read all 39 pages of this thread and done several searches, but I can't find an fix. I've sent a couple of emails to Olevia support, but have yet to get a response. Any ideas?

S/N: VCLN771XXX11

Firmware: ADB1_AQ_232CL_A34-11L.A20.PM24L.Adx.T30

Have you found a solution to this problem? I have this exact same problem. I was in the middle of watching an DVD via HDMI upconverting DVD player and the TV just blacked out with a "No Signal" message. Now I can not cycle to HDMi,VGA,VGA-Component, or Component. Just Tuner, Composite, and S-Video. I have reset factory setting. I have never upgraded the firmwire and I have the same firmware version as you.

#1,201 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joflow /forum/post/12647433

Have you found a solution to this problem? I have this exact same problem. I was in the middle of watching an DVD via HDMI upconverting DVD player and the TV just blacked out with a "No Signal" message. Now I can not cycle to HDMi,VGA,VGA-Component, or Component. Just Tuner, Composite, and S-Video. I have reset factory setting. I have never upgraded the firmwire and I have the same firmware version as you.

i would try upgrading the firmware...maybe there is a bug in that version

#1,202 ·
I tried updating the firmware and that doesn't seem to be working either. The first time I updated it, I was able to get to HDMI with the source button but there was no sound or picture. I turned the TV off then turn it back on and it was back to only allowing Tuner, Composite, and S-Video.

I've only had this TV for little over a month. Worked perfectly fine until today. I got it from Kmart during the Thanksgiving Day sale. Does anyone know what Kmart's return policy is? I misplaced my receipt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.