Forum Jump: 

post #3181 of 3183 Old 11-28-2014, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
You're going to need to explain it a little more. When you say artifacts does it appear as noise or some other kind of interference?
You have a black area of a scene, including letterbox bars. It gets red splotches, digitized and semi-static, i.e. the edges vary bit by bit but the shape stays ~the same. Around a face, you get a similar effect but not all red.

Quote:
In the meantime you could always try resetting the TV to factory defaults. That would give you a good idea of whether or not the problem is due to a setting adjustment you made.
I had read here of some secret front-panel button sequence to put it in a test mode, but can't find that post now. I'll try the factory reset, but not until after Grimm is on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3182 of 3183 Old 11-28-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfs View Post
You have a black area of a scene, including letterbox bars. It gets red splotches, digitized and semi-static, i.e. the edges vary bit by bit but the shape stays ~the same. Around a face, you get a similar effect but not all red.

I had read here of some secret front-panel button sequence to put it in a test mode, but can't find that post now. I'll try the factory reset, but not until after Grimm is on!
That doesn't sound promising. I'd try the reset and see if that helps but somehow I doubt a setting could cause an issue like that.
post #3183 of 3183 Old 11-28-2014, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
That doesn't sound promising. I'd try the reset and see if that helps but somehow I doubt a setting could cause an issue like that.
Nod..
I'm reading Black Friday ads for another set.....

I'm trying a DVD and the results look similar. The mystery is the menus, solid colors, are all stunning. But people's faces look blotchy as well.

Last edited by mkfs; 11-28-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page