Budget 32" LCD in a month - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-27-2006, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I'm new to the forums and am looking to get a 32" LCD TV within the next month. I'm in college and am not loaded so it looks like i will be going the budget route. I have been looking at Westinghouse's and Vizio's 32" offerings and after spending probably 10+ hours researching...I still have no idea what to get. I'm sure that this problem has come up before, but has anyone bought / seen both and would be able to give a comparison / recommendation?

The specific models are:
Westinghouse LTV-32w6
Vizio L32 and VX32L

This will be used as my primary TV in my dorm room, and will be hooked up to an XBOX 360 (once i get it), my Wii, my shuttle, and cable.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-27-2006, 10:43 AM

Westinghouse is a decent budget set. I have one now (37") and it's a good set. I plan to take it back however, because I figured if I'm gonna spend so much money, I might as well spend a bit more and try to get the best set possible.

I don't know if you've had an LCD set before, but there is slight image blur with fast moving scenes (like in sports), and in games. I set up a shooting game to see how it worked on the Westinghouse, and is super-blurry when swinging around to target different stuff. Again, maybe this doesn't affect some people, but it was enough to make me take the set back. I think even higher-end models have a slight problem with this, I guess it's just a limitation of the technology right now.

I would check out the sets to make sure the blur effect isn't too bad, and then purchase one. Again, the Westinghouse has been fine outside of that. The only experience I have with a Vizio is with a very large one that I have at my work (50"?), and it's ok. It seems to accentuate red tones, but again, maybe the people didn't adjust the settings correctly. Maybe it's comparing apples and oranges, but the 37" Westinghouse seemed to have better picture quality, while the 50ish" Vizio seemed to be better at reducing the blur effect. But again, they are completely different sizes so I'm not sure you can really compare them.

So again, even though I'm taking my Westinghouse back, I would recommend it for budget shoppers. It's not perfect, but it's a good set given the prices you can probably get it at.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-27-2006, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, thanks for the quick response. I do not own an LCD tv but i know the phemonenon that you are talking about. Does anyone who owns any of these sets have anything to say about their respective ghosting qualities?
post #4 of 8 Old 11-29-2006, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone able to help me on this?
post #5 of 8 Old 11-29-2006, 10:16 AM

Check out the 32" Westinghouse (W3213) from BestBuy. It's on sale this week (plus there's a $20 coupon floating around on the web). It has a sub-8ms response time which should help with your Wii and XBox. And for the price, you can't beat it!

That being said, I've not used it but there is a forum here about this model.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-29-2006, 10:36 AM

I love my Westinhouse 32w6. I've noticed ghosting only after turning it on, after it warms up I don't get any ghosting. The w3213 has been on sale but as of right now it very hard to find on in stock. I'm curious to see if it was a Thanksgiving/BF model or if more will come in stock. Overall though, I could'nt be happier with my Westinghouse. There made by one of the largest LCD producers (CMO/Chi Mei Optoelectronics) in the world so quality was'nt a concern of mine.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-30-2006, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

I'm looking at the W3213 and it looks perfect, but whats the difference between it and the 32W6?
post #8 of 8 Old 11-30-2006, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

A quick response from anyone who has had experience with this set would be great, as i have a coupon that would make this an absolute steal!
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page