Olevia 337H Official Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 507 Old 12-21-2007, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finally got comcast DVR and HD Package however the "display" button shows that the selected resolution is 480p. For the life of me I can't figure out how to change it to 1080i, can anybody help me out?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 507 Old 12-24-2007, 08:50 AM

Was asleep this morning and wifey wakes me up, as if the house were burning down, to tell me that our T.V. just shut off. I immediately notice that the blue stand by light isn't even on?? I unplugged the power cord and tried another socket and same outcome. Cansomeone shed some light on what may be my problem?
post #453 of 507 Old 01-10-2008, 01:21 PM

I was updating my harmony 880 today for some other things and noticed that on the section for the tv (337h) they added InputComponent1, InputComponent2, InputHDM1, InputVGA, etc... I loaded these keys onto my remote and they didn't work, then read some sites where the 537 had a firmware upgrade that added discrete input codes. I went to the olevia site and found a new firmware, but it took me like 2 hours to flash this thing. But after doing so, the new codes on the harmony 880 worked perfectly. If anyone wants to learn howto upgrade the firmware (believe me it's not easy, and some files are missing that you have to find) I can post further.
post #454 of 507 Old 01-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I would love to get discrete input working. What are the missing files that you mention?
post #455 of 507 Old 01-10-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oguzhan View Post

I was updating my harmony 880 today for some other things and noticed that on the section for the tv (337h) they added InputComponent1, InputComponent2, InputHDM1, InputVGA, etc... I loaded these keys onto my remote and they didn't work, then read some sites where the 537 had a firmware upgrade that added discrete input codes. I went to the olevia site and found a new firmware, but it took me like 2 hours to flash this thing. But after doing so, the new codes on the harmony 880 worked perfectly. If anyone wants to learn howto upgrade the firmware (believe me it's not easy, and some files are missing that you have to find) I can post further.

You update your TV firmware or the remotes ? When I go to Olevia site I can't find any firmware updates for the 337H.
post #456 of 507 Old 01-11-2008, 07:54 AM

I need to post at least 3 times before URL's in my big post work. sorry
post #457 of 507 Old 01-11-2008, 07:55 AM

Next message will contain the details. Sorry
post #458 of 507 Old 01-11-2008, 07:55 AM

This is how you upgrade the firmware on 337h. Now I don't know if there are different versions out there, but this works for the B11 version. Goto Menu, Setup->Firmware version you most likely have 337_B11 V0130_L. After upgrading you will have 337_B11 V0133_L which has the discrete video input codes.

I'm attaching the files necessary to this post. Download the zip. The firmware files are available from Olevia's site directly, but they don't have the USB drivers for it. After suffering with tech-support I finally found it through some luck on their site. They're included in the zip.

Power off the TV with the power switch in the back. And while holding CH+ and V+ on the front panel, turn the power switch back on. The blue LED in the front will blink once, release the CH+ and V+ buttons. The TV won't show a picture and is now in flash mode.

Attach USB cable to your PC and windows will ask for drivers. Choose, I'll specify location of drivers. And point at the unzip directory.

After successful USB connection, execute the FlashUpgrader.exe It will have automatically chosen appcode.inf as the Flash file, if not, choose that file. And after choosing, you'll see Flasher.HEX and AppCode.hex in the Files to Download section. Choose USB connection on the right hand side.

Now it got tricky, no matter how many times I tried I couldn't just hit Flash. All it would do is Copy the Flasher.HEX and then say waiting for target to reset and app would just hang. If I closed the app and tried again, this time it wouldn't even get that far and had to reboot my winxp box and powercycle the tv into the same flash mode again. So Do this instead

Then double click on the Appcoder.hex so that icon next to it becomes a "no" sign (red circle with a slash through it). It will say This file will not be downloaded. Then hit flash. This should take only a few seconds and your computer should beep as if a new device got connected. You also need to specify the driver for that as well. But don't close the app during this process.

Now switch the order, and disable the Flasher.HEX, and enable the Appcode.hex and also uncheck Reset Target After Download.

This will take a minute or two, but you should see the progress bar.

After it's done, turn off the TV. Remove the USB cable. and power back up. I remember having to power cycle it twice, but I'm not sure right now. Anyway, tv came back up, turn it on with the power button in the front, and goto the menu's again to verify that you have firmware 337_B11 V0133_L

For Harmony 880 owners, update all firmware and software for your remote. First modify the Watch TV activity and add additional buttons. Put the InputComponent1 and other discrete input keys on your menu and try it out. If it works for you, then you can Change the settings for the TV device and do Adjust Inputs and choose Method 2 for discrete input buttons and set it up accordingly.

Hope this helps.

After writing this, I see that I can't post zip files over 500K,

So here's the location of the files from Olevia.

Firmware: There are LOTS of these on their site for different months in 2007 but I've checked and they're all identical.

http://64.168.125.230/support/Syntax...0V0133_L-C.zip

And the elusive USB drivers

http://64.168.125.230/support/Syntax.../USB_Drive.zip

Good luck
post #459 of 507 Old 01-12-2008, 11:37 PM

Thanks, oguzhan! Your instructions worked perfectly for me and now I have discrete device codes! My Harmony remote works much better with the TV now (it used to lock up a lot when it tries to send multiple InputNext commands to the TV, forcing me to pull out the remote that came with the TV and hitting the Source button).
post #460 of 507 Old 02-02-2008, 07:56 PM

I have an Olevia 337H from Fry's also i bought last year after thanksgiving, and I recently got Comcast HD Cable. I have it hooked up with the component cables and this picture is fine. I recently bought a HDMI cable and tried to plug it in to the Digital Converter HD Box, I think its a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD and i had to reboot the box and only have the HDMI cable plugged in. I did this a couple times and no picture on the HDMI Source on the TV. Then once it worked for a little while then the picture went out and I went back to component input.
I tried a few times and that digital cable box will only let you have one output plugged in at once for copy protection or something. and then when i try to plug in both the HDMI and the components it gives me a message saying that my TV is not compatible. I dont recall the exact message, but I will try and get it again.
I want to get my HDMI working because the picture is much better. Can anyone help me to figure out what is wrong and how I can fix it???
Any help would be appreciated.
post #461 of 507 Old 02-10-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swvodoo View Post

I finally got comcast DVR and HD Package however the "display" button shows that the selected resolution is 480p. For the life of me I can't figure out how to change it to 1080i, can anybody help me out?

Thanks

If you're using one of the Moto boxes you just need to press Cable > Power (to turn the box off) > Menu You should open up the service menu and from there you should be able to adjust output to 480i 480p 720p or 1080i and you can change the 4:3 override to 480p or stretch (stretch just upconverts to the high def option you chose) I personally have it on 1080i and 480p for the Override setting

post #462 of 507 Old 02-17-2008, 12:14 PM

Does anyone have the USB drivers for the 337h that they can either email me or post on rapidshare or something? The links to them in this thread aren't working anymore (I guess Olevia decided it wasn't enough of a challenge again to do the firmware upgrade) and I can't find them anywhere.
post #463 of 507 Old 02-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

I scanned through some of the recent posts. I was curious if there is a fix for the minimum volume setting. In my bedroom, the lowest volume can still be quite loud.
post #464 of 507 Old 02-18-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinwiZ View Post

Does anyone have the USB drivers for the 337h that they can either email me or post on rapidshare or something? The links to them in this thread aren't working anymore (I guess Olevia decided it wasn't enough of a challenge again to do the firmware upgrade) and I can't find them anywhere.

This link is for firmware ans usb drivers

Does anybody have a problem with the 337 B11 turning off when using another remote? Whenever I turn on my TV then turn on my Coolsat my TV turns off; this happens sporadically too. But mostly happens when I first turn the TV on.
Any solutions?
post #465 of 507 Old 02-18-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealrockguy View Post

Does anybody have a problem with the 337 B11 turning off when using another remote? Whenever I turn on my TV then turn on my Coolsat my TV turns off; this happens sporadically too. But mostly happens when I first turn the TV on.
Any solutions?

Gotta post 1 more time so I cab post that link for OLEVIA updates
post #466 of 507 Old 02-18-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:

Gotta post 1 more time so I cab post that link for OLEVIA updates

One more post. I am not a spammer. Just wanted to help someone with a link a few posts ago
post #467 of 507 Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:

One more post. I am not a spammer. Just wanted to help someone with a link a few posts ago

http://64.168.125.230/support/OLEVIA/
post #468 of 507 Old 02-18-2008, 10:21 AM

post #469 of 507 Old 02-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Any solutions?

I've experienced this myself. Once in a while the remote signals from another device will turn off the TV. Pretty rare though, and it does seem to be if the TV has been recently turned on.

"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov
post #470 of 507 Old 02-18-2008, 08:13 PM

Ok, I got the firmware updated finally, but now something seems goofed up with the picture. For example, when the screen changes, it doesn't seem to clear completely and some of the previous image is left behind. For example, I just had ESPN HD on (where it has the ESPN HD banners on both sides of the screen around the 4:3 picture), then I changed the channel to another 4:3 channel and you can still faintly see the ESPN HD banner where the black bars now are on the sides of the screen.

I've noticed a few other similar issues where "ghosting" seems to happen. I'm hooked up via HDMI.

This never happened before the firmware upgrade. I first upgraded to the 133_L firmware, and just today to the 134_L, and the problem exists on both. Anyone else seeing these problems? And does anyone have the old (130_L if I remember right?) firmware files so I can go back and see if that fixes it?

I took a couple (bad) pictures of the problem:

- 16:9 feed -> Photo
- 4:3 program guide -> Photo (notice the ESPN HD banner still visible faintly)
post #471 of 507 Old 03-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

I updated the firmware for the discrete inputs. The device on my Harmony remote shows two of each input except for one vga. I found that the vga and the first listing for each device works. However, none of the hmdi inputs work for me. Without the hdmi working I can't change the setup to have the Harmony use discrete inputs.
post #472 of 507 Old 03-10-2008, 06:48 PM

does a firmware update reset settings in factory service menu. i think i changed setting or does any one have a picture of the factory settings. thanks in advanced
post #473 of 507 Old 03-21-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroteddy View Post

A couple of days ago at Radio Shack I saw an 8 device remote that listed Olevia on the list of brands on the back of the remote. I believe the remote was $30.

Come to think of it I believe this is the remote....

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...rt&tab=summary

From this link I went to the user manual on page 36 I found the code for universal control 11331 hope this work.
post #474 of 507 Old 03-24-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

I updated the firmware for the discrete inputs. The device on my Harmony remote shows two of each input except for one vga. I found that the vga and the first listing for each device works. However, none of the hmdi inputs work for me. Without the hdmi working I can't change the setup to have the Harmony use discrete inputs.

Check again, there should be an InputHdmi I think. Or maybe it was InputHdmi1 that worked for me.

I know if you press an input button that doesn't work, like InputComponent2 or something, it seems to break the discrete inputs. I thought it wasn't working until "all of a sudden" I had it all set up right and it worked great.
post #475 of 507 Old 03-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim James View Post

Check again, there should be an InputHdmi I think. Or maybe it was InputHdmi1 that worked for me.

I know if you press an input button that doesn't work, like InputComponent2 or something, it seems to break the discrete inputs. I thought it wasn't working until "all of a sudden" I had it all set up right and it worked great.

For me pressing an input that doesn't work, doesn't break the discrete inputs. But neither of the two HDMI inputs work for me.
post #476 of 507 Old 03-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

But neither of the two HDMI inputs work for me.

I just noticed that somehow I have two Olevia TV devices set up in my remote. The HDMI input works for one of them but not the other. So it looks like I will be able to make this work after all.
post #477 of 507 Old 04-04-2008, 08:35 AM

Anyone know if the 337h has a service menu for extra settings??
post #478 of 507 Old 04-12-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki232323 View Post

Anyone know if the 337h has a service menu for extra settings??

Yes, I believe this is how you access it:

1. Press and release Menu
2. Simultaneously press source, channel down, and volume down.

A new menu called "Factory" will pop up. It might take a few tries, it did for me.
post #479 of 507 Old 04-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy View Post

I get the same problem. only it does it all the time. the HDMI input randomly "blinks" in and out.

I was hoping its not the TV.....

This is happening on my tv also.. But only using HDMI .. any solutions?
post #480 of 507 Old 04-24-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLa View Post

This is happening on my tv also.. But only using HDMI .. any solutions?

I get that too but mostly with hi-def stations. I thought it was from my 3way hdmi switcher not giving the signal enough juice.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page