post #481 of 507 Old 04-27-2008, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealrockguy View Post

This link is for firmware ans usb drivers

Does anybody have a problem with the 337 B11 turning off when using another remote? Whenever I turn on my TV then turn on my Coolsat my TV turns off; this happens sporadically too. But mostly happens when I first turn the TV on.
Any solutions?

Sometimes the down button on my dish remote will shut the TV off.

I really like this TV quite a bit, but it's annoying that you can't program it to a dish remote. I really don't want to invest 100-200 into a remote, just to be able to reduce the volume/turn off a 700 dollar TV. Generally I'm quite happy with the picture. I don't think that it's the best TV out there, but I think this Olevia performs quite a bit better than several of the other Olevia Models that I've seen in stores. We sold the 237t(I think that was the number) at work, and it looked like trash compared to the 337.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 507 Old 04-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

I get the occasional shut off by stray remote commands from another device, too.

The $68 I spent on the Harmony 676 was fully worth it. One of my best HT purchases.

"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov
post #483 of 507 Old 05-23-2008, 01:22 PM

After doing an upgrade to 133 and since then to 134, I came across problems while changing inputs. Sometimes the tv would just lock up (especially changing from hdmi to vga and vice versa)

Anyway, today I found a newer firmware (listed for the 332 b11) version 137.

This one loaded fine for me and I can definitely say that tv is a lot more stable now. It hasn't given me a single problem or lock up. Give it a try if you're having such problems.
post #484 of 507 Old 05-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Do any of the firmwares fix the minimum volume problem? When using it late at night in a bedroom it is just too loud on the lowest setting.
post #485 of 507 Old 05-24-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxMan1 View Post

Do any of the firmwares fix the minimum volume problem? When using it late at night in a bedroom it is just too loud on the lowest setting.

Just turn the Treble and Bass down.
post #486 of 507 Old 05-25-2008, 12:13 AM

Anybody have any luck getting the DISH remote to control this beast? I like the picture, and for the price I paid, it's still a good value. I think it has a much better picture than most of the Olevia's I've seen. But not being able to use the DISH remote is freakin tiresome. With 2 small kids, it's not really a good idea for me to get a harmony. And as I said earlier, 200 dollar remote to control a 700 dollar TV is stupid
post #487 of 507 Old 06-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew75 View Post

Anybody have any luck getting the DISH remote to control this beast? I like the picture, and for the price I paid, it's still a good value. I think it has a much better picture than most of the Olevia's I've seen. But not being able to use the DISH remote is freakin tiresome. With 2 small kids, it's not really a good idea for me to get a harmony. And as I said earlier, 200 dollar remote to control a 700 dollar TV is stupid

My kids are 9 months old and 2.5 years old.

As I said before, pick up a lesser Harmony model - a 676 or a 550 or such. My 676 cost less than $70 and totally worth it.

Admittedly my 9mo old kept getting ahold of it and chewing on the end of it. I had to use an electronics cleaning wipe to clean baby food or something out of the end of it to get the USB port at the front of it working again. It has survived being tossed down the stairs. My 2.5 yr old gets ahold of something (like the Harmony) and runs...we stop her and she throws whatever it is (I think just to spite us).

Needless to say it still works fine after 2.5 years of that.

You can also get a dumb learning remote like a One For All and teach it the necessary commands. But the Dish vip622 remote was nice. The only remote I like better is the Harmony.

Oguzhan - I'm going to try that newer firmware. EDIT: I can't find which one to use because my FM number is covered up by the LCD mounting arm. Grrr. Is there any difference, really, between firmwares for each FM number?

"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov
post #488 of 507 Old 06-19-2008, 08:42 AM

Oguzhan - Just wanted to let you know that I used your instructions to successfully update my firmware to 134 after trying and failing with Olevia's instructions. Thanks!! I just saw your post about version 137 being available. I'm not having any luck finding it on the Olevia site. The May 08 firmware directory for the 337-B11 still contains the 134 version. Where did you find 137? Thanks again.
post #489 of 507 Old 07-06-2008, 07:57 AM

Oguzhan, Thanks for the instructions, and RealRockGuy, thanks for the updated links. I would have never gotten through it without your help. One thing i learned, you can't just jump to the 137 version, have to do the 134 first. Every thing worked without having to change any of the default settings. I was hoping that the newest update would get my Dish remote to work my Olevia 332, but no such luck. Oh well, the quest continues. Thanks again.
post #490 of 507 Old 07-24-2008, 08:35 AM

Anyone have a user manual for the 337H? I lost mine and the download from Olevia's web site is busted.
post #491 of 507 Old 08-01-2008, 10:04 PM

my 337H doesn't have a sticker on the back with the FM number, so how do i how do i update it. i also tried going into the menu and using the number there but every time i plug that into the olevia website it says "firmware not found"
post #492 of 507 Old 08-31-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternorth View Post

Was asleep this morning and wifey wakes me up, as if the house were burning down, to tell me that our T.V. just shut off. I immediately notice that the blue stand by light isn't even on?? I unplugged the power cord and tried another socket and same outcome. Cansomeone shed some light on what may be my problem?

Same thing happened to mine, can anyone help? I've only had my 337h since thanksgiving '06. Is it time to get a new TV or is there something that I can do?? Help!?
post #493 of 507 Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM

Liked: 11
Firmware Links - The links I have found here to download the latest 337H firmware don't seem to be valid. Does anyone have updated links?

Vizio M701d-A3 70" TV - 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SONOS Playbar / SUB / 2 PLAY:3 surrounds - 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #494 of 507 Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazeesurf View Post

Same thing happened to mine, can anyone help? I've only had my 337h since thanksgiving '06. Is it time to get a new TV or is there something that I can do?? Help!?

I had the same problem for a while. TV wouldn't turn on, blue light stopped showing after a while. Sometimes the TV would stay on for a day if I unplugged it for a couple days or so. Then I got a UPS... Looks like the problem could be traced back to dirty power. My TV works perfectly now, except I haven't seen the blue light since. According to the LCD on the front of my UPS, the power coming in is 116v... A little short of 120 volts. Seems the 337H is a little finicky about its power input.
post #495 of 507 Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonman99 View Post

Firmware Links - The links I have found here to download the latest 337H firmware don't seem to be valid. Does anyone have updated links?

I was just looking for the same thing. Found this:
post #496 of 507 Old 12-19-2008, 09:42 PM

oguzhan - one more thanks for the detailed instructions on flashing the firmware. I tried following Olevia's instructions and although it looked like it completed, the firmware upgrade wouldn't take. I followed your instructions and it worked beautifully. Thanks!
post #497 of 507 Old 12-26-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

I updated the firmware for the discrete inputs. The device on my Harmony remote shows two of each input except for one vga. I found that the vga and the first listing for each device works. However, none of the hmdi inputs work for me. Without the hdmi working I can't change the setup to have the Harmony use discrete inputs.

Hey -

I had the exact same problem with mine; all the discrete inputs were working except HDMI. Using a serial IR interface (IRA-2) I scanned what was being sent for all of the discrete inputs and saw they were command word 68 - 77, but 75 was missing. Using a JP1 cable I set up my JP1 remote to send the following code which works perfectly to set the 337H input to HDMI:

EFC: 43
Device Word 1: 4
Device Word 2: 185
Command Word: 75

Once I did that, I had my harmony 520 learn that IR code from my JP1 remote as the InputHDMI1 command and now it works great. Gotta tell ya, not having to cycle through all the inputs is very nice.

I opened a ticket with logitech letting them know that their database was incorrect for InputHDMI1 on the Olevia 337H, but who knows what they'll do with that.

-Justin
post #498 of 507 Old 01-07-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternorth View Post

Was asleep this morning and wifey wakes me up, as if the house were burning down, to tell me that our T.V. just shut off. I immediately notice that the blue stand by light isn't even on?? I unplugged the power cord and tried another socket and same outcome. Cansomeone shed some light on what may be my problem?

The same thing just happened to my Olevia 337h... The TV was on when I fell asleep, and when I woke up nothing at all. Not even the blue light.! I tried everything to get it back on, unplugging it, changing outlets, ect... no response at all. What should I do? PLEASE HELP!!!???:
post #499 of 507 Old 01-08-2009, 06:36 PM

does anyone know if the 337 uses the same lcd as the 237? I wonder if I can take my 237 lcd and stick it in a 337 housing.
post #500 of 507 Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 PM

Does anyone still have the firmware updates? I just found out that Olevia is gone. What do we do about our tvs now???
post #501 of 507 Old 01-09-2010, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I took pre-emptive action and gave the tv to my in-laws.

Never Say Never
post #502 of 507 Old 01-10-2010, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroteddy View Post

I just found out that Olevia is gone. What do we do about our tvs now???

Use them. Most TV's that are out of warranty are better replaced than repaired.

David
post #503 of 507 Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM

It appears all the links that were posted in this thread for these firmware updates are all dead, and olevia does not post this models firmware on their site. Anyone happen to still have a copy of the firmware and usb drivers that they could post somewhere or send directly to me?
post #504 of 507 Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 PM

Hey all. So did we lose the latest updates for the 337?
post #505 of 507 Old 01-09-2012, 02:51 AM

My poor old Olevia 337-B11 is still stuck on the old firmware version: 337_B11 V0130_L. I am desperately hoping someone on here can please upload the 337_B11 V0133_L firmware and USB Drivers. This TV is still rocking but I need discrete video input feature. Thanks everyone for looking digging up this old stuff.
post #506 of 507 Old 10-02-2012, 06:43 PM

Anyone still browsing this thread? Hoping the latest firmware is still out there somewhere.
post #507 of 507 Old 04-13-2013, 09:30 PM

I hope this wasn't asked already, did my best to search this thread. I have two questions regarding my 337H

First question/issue.
My cable comes in through component (3 RCA connectors). I have a pair of wireless headphones, but when I plug them into the headphone jack on the TV, I get nothing through them. When I read the instruction manual, it appeared that I should get sound through the headphones regardless of what video input I was using, and that it was supposed to auto-mute the tv speakers.

Is there something else I need to do/change for this feature to work? Or did I misunderstand and it only works on the "PC input" mode?

I did try both 3.5mm jacks, just in case I picked the wrong one, and also tried with the cable going to the TV via HDMI.

I'd like to get it to work this way, so that my Xbox will play through the headphones as, instead of the tv speakers - my workaround is to hook the headset to the cablebox, and turn the volume all the way down on the TV.

Second question/issue:
Assuming we can't get the headphones to work as I hope -- I have a Logitech universal remote (Harmony 520). When controlling the TV volume, it would usually turn the volume up, but NEVER turn it down. The first "click" was recognized, because the volume bar would appear, but would not go down. I thought maybe the code I had programmed in was faulty, so I used the "Learn IR" feature the remote has, and reprogrammed all the buttons directly from the TV remote. The TV Remote works flawlessly. All other functions learned from the remote work near flawlessly (need to play with the timing on changing inputs). Is this a known issue with the Harmony, or universal remotes in general?

Thanks all!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page