Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 507 Old 02-24-2007, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post

On two different occasions my set has turned off when I pressed any key on my Tivo remote. (I pressed every key on the remote and they all had the same effect) Each time taking out the batteries out of the remote and then putting them back in would fix this. Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks

I had the same experience, but not with a Tivo remote. I can't recall for sure b/c I have 6 remotes now, but I think it was one of the buttons on my Zentech Z500 remote that turned the TV off. This has only happened to me once thus far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 507 Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squawker View Post

I had the same experience, but not with a Tivo remote. I can't recall for sure b/c I have 6 remotes now, but I think it was one of the buttons on my Zentech Z500 remote that turned the TV off. This has only happened to me once thus far.

My girlfriend also somehow turned off my TV using our DishNetwork remote. Unfortunately we don't know what button did it and are not able to recreate it. It's happened twice to her, but never to me.
post #183 of 507 Old 02-27-2007, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I bought the radioshack cameleon remote (learning and lights up) it is only 20$. Learned and works the Olevia 337+ TWC DVR box easily.

Never Say Never
post #184 of 507 Old 02-27-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrylum View Post

My girlfriend also somehow turned off my TV using our DishNetwork remote. Unfortunately we don't know what button did it and are not able to recreate it. It's happened twice to her, but never to me.

If this happens again I will call tech support, the only problem is recreating it but once it happens it keeps on turning off I have the latest Firmware BTW.
post #185 of 507 Old 02-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrylum View Post

Same problem here. My wife insists the TV is going off by itself but I've only seen it once. And I was pressing buttons on the Dish remote. I've never seen it do when no one is pressing anything on a remote.

"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov
post #186 of 507 Old 02-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I got an Oppo player last week and a few times while using the Oppo remote it shut the tv off.
post #187 of 507 Old 02-28-2007, 07:25 AM

I have a cablebox connected via component cables to my 337H. Any recommended settings for optimal picture??? Also, anyone have luck with remote code for Cablevision Scientific Atlanta 4200HD box??? Thx all...
post #188 of 507 Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Hi all,
I see there is no Audio-Out on this 337H. Any tips on how to hook this TV to a HT/receiver?
Looks like the green labeled headphone mini-jack at the back is the only option. Use an adapter (Mini StereoPlug to Left and Right RCA Jacks) to HT?
post #189 of 507 Old 03-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowealth View Post

Hi all,
I see there is no Audio-Out on this 337H. Any tips on how to hook this TV to a HT/receiver?
Looks like the green labeled headphone mini-jack at the back is the only option. Use an adapter (Mini StereoPlug to Left and Right RCA Jacks) to HT?

What is your source? Does it have audio outs that you can send to the receiver?
post #190 of 507 Old 03-01-2007, 11:09 AM

Audio source is the headphone mini-jack at the back of 337H. I just tried hooking it up to my HT. Works ok... Thanks
post #191 of 507 Old 03-01-2007, 01:05 PM

New to the forum and really happy that I found this thread.

I just got a xbox 360 so I started looking into hdtv's that fit into my budget. This one would be great, but I'm a little worried about the posts about the tearing when playing games. Is there a way around this?
post #192 of 507 Old 03-01-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki232323 View Post

I just got a xbox 360 so I started looking into hdtv's that fit into my budget. This one would be great, but I'm a little worried about the posts about the tearing when playing games. Is there a way around this?

Yes just use the regular component cables instead of VGA.
post #193 of 507 Old 03-01-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki232323 View Post

Ok, a couple things. First off, I've read a few things that said that no matter what TV you use, the Xbox causes screen tearing, therefore making it a problem with the Xbox (not sure how much I believe this).

Second thing, I was having screen tearing issues too (even when watching DVDs via my xbox 360) when the resolution on the xbox was set to 1360 x 768, this TVs native resolution. I switched the resolution on the xbox to 1280 x 1024, didn't notice any difference in picture quality, but I swear I haven't seen any screen tearing since then. I watched a few movies, saw nothing, played some Halo 2 (which was tearing once in a while before) and haven't seen any tearing since. It really doesn't make any sense at all to me, but so far it seems to have worked.

If there are other people out there with the screen tearing issue, see if changing the resolution helps, and tell me im not crazy.
post #194 of 507 Old 03-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Is anyone using vga for games or video and not getting tearing? I'm thinking of getting a new laptop and DVI is hard to find on laptops.
post #195 of 507 Old 03-02-2007, 11:00 AM

Hey all,

I got this 337H as a present just last week. Im a complete moron when it comes to hooking this stuff up as I have been out of the loop for quite some time.

So let me first tell you of what I currently have and maybe you all can help me out here. In my posession I have currently:

1 - 337H
1 - Samsung DVD-V1000 DVD/VCR Combo(I believe thats it)
1 - Xbox 360
1 - set of component cables
1 - set of audio cables(ya red and white lol)

So thinking Ill get one thing at a time working. I already have the coax going into the dvd player (ant in) ...I figured out I cannot go from the ant out to the tv as it doesnt have a spot for the coax like my other crt set(ya ancient).

I then took my component cables hooked those up to the back of the dvd/vcr and ran those to the tv. I proceeded to do the same with the audio.

Now when i turn on the dvd/vcr player and then the tv I get nothing but a picture that says samsung digitall. I tried a bunch of settings dvd, vcr, tv/vcr but no cigar. I tried to play a dvd and it actually played(looked pretty good too!).

However, now i try to play a video tape and no matter what setting i try I get nothing. It stays at teh samsung digitall screen and since it feels im not interacting with it the screen goes to a screensaver that says samsung digitall.

So apparently the tv has no tuner which I get. My dvd/vcr should have it right? If so then why cant i see it?

Also I live in a hotel so its just standard cable just a coax out of the wall. Now I ask you folks how to see some tv?

Apologize if Ive horrendously butchered some terms here.
post #196 of 507 Old 03-02-2007, 11:52 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcxman View Post

Hey all,

I got this 337H as a present just last week. Im a complete moron when it comes to hooking this stuff up as I have been out of the loop for quite some time.

So let me first tell you of what I currently have and maybe you all can help me out here. In my posession I have currently:

1 - 337H
1 - Samsung DVD-V1000 DVD/VCR Combo(I believe thats it)
1 - Xbox 360
1 - set of component cables
1 - set of audio cables(ya red and white lol)

So thinking Ill get one thing at a time working. I already have the coax going into the dvd player (ant in) ...I figured out I cannot go from the ant out to the tv as it doesnt have a spot for the coax like my other crt set(ya ancient).

I then took my component cables hooked those up to the back of the dvd/vcr and ran those to the tv. I proceeded to do the same with the audio.

Now when i turn on the dvd/vcr player and then the tv I get nothing but a picture that says samsung digitall. I tried a bunch of settings dvd, vcr, tv/vcr but no cigar. I tried to play a dvd and it actually played(looked pretty good too!).

However, now i try to play a video tape and no matter what setting i try I get nothing. It stays at teh samsung digitall screen and since it feels im not interacting with it the screen goes to a screensaver that says samsung digitall.

So apparently the tv has no tuner which I get. My dvd/vcr should have it right? If so then why cant i see it?

Also I live in a hotel so its just standard cable just a coax out of the wall. Now I ask you folks how to see some tv?

Apologize if Ive horrendously butchered some terms here.

You might have to hook the vcr up thru s-video or composite. HD- Ready Tv is kinda useless unless you feed it a HD signal IMO. Have you gone into the TV's menu and tried anything in there yet? I have the 537h so I am not to familiar with the 337's menu. Just a suggestion
post #197 of 507 Old 03-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Thank you I will try the S-Video suggestion as I do have a cable for that. Will report back my findings.

Thanks.
post #198 of 507 Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 PM
DLW

I just received my 337H on Wednesday, so far I'm loving it, great picture, I don't even mind the OSD. However, I can't get the audio from my digital cable box to play through the TV speakers. The cable box is hooked up through the S-video port, with an A/V cable for audio. I also have a VCR plugged into the composite port, with it's audio run into my HT receiver. I know the speakers on the TV work, because I can get audio from my DVD player which is plugged into the HDMI port, and I know my cable box is outputting audio because I have it plugged directly into my HT receiver as well, through it's digital coaxial output. Has anyone else encountered this, or have any ideas? Or do I have a defective TV? Thanks in advance.
post #199 of 507 Old 03-03-2007, 05:06 AM

Purchased the Kameleon remote. Works great. Was able to program the 337H and all my devices..... One question- do you notice a humming noise from the remote when blue light sensor gets activated? Also, when you shake the remote , does it sound like something is loose? Just want to make sure that my remote is working "normally".... Thanks.
post #200 of 507 Old 03-04-2007, 08:35 AM

When I hook up either of my computers, one which has a ATI 9800 or the other with an NVIDIA 6800 , the picture goes off the screen on the edges about a quarter inch or so. I have my resolution set to 1360 x 768

I've tried all kinds of adjustments and nothing will make it fit. It doesn't appear the 337 has vertical and horizontal size adjustmems either.

Has any one else had this , or know how to fix it? I may have to return the set if I can't fix this problem..

thanks
post #201 of 507 Old 03-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Have you tried setting the Aspect to 1:1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaxial View Post

When I hook up either of my computers, one which has a ATI 9800 or the other with an NVIDIA 6800 , the picture goes off the screen on the edges about a quarter inch or so. I have my resolution set to 1360 x 768

I've tried all kinds of adjustments and nothing will make it fit. It doesn't appear the 337 has vertical and horizontal size adjustmems either.

Has any one else had this , or know how to fix it? I may have to return the set if I can't fix this problem..

thanks

post #202 of 507 Old 03-04-2007, 03:41 PM

Hi there 337H owners, I need a measurement. How tall in inches is the bottom part of the TV? i.e., The part from the base to the bottom of the screen?

In other words, if the TV is sitting flat on some sort of surface, how high above the surface is the bottommost part of the screen? (I'm presuming all 337H's have speakers below the screen and not on the side.)

Thanks in advance!
post #203 of 507 Old 03-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

7 3/4"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtf1979 View Post

Hi there 337H owners, I need a measurement. How tall in inches is the bottom part of the TV? i.e., The part from the base to the bottom of the screen?

In other words, if the TV is sitting flat on some sort of surface, how high above the surface is the bottommost part of the screen? (I'm presuming all 337H's have speakers below the screen and not on the side.)

Thanks in advance!

post #204 of 507 Old 03-05-2007, 07:49 AM

Ok. Hopefully this will help somebody someday. My picture was about 1/4 inch too big all around on the 337h when hooked up to a computer.

After hours of messing with it, the final solution was to TURN OFF CROPPING. I am not sure why it was on, and this doesn't make since when I think of cropping being on, I think of a smaller image, not bigger. Whatever, it works great now!! Awesome computer monitor.
post #205 of 507 Old 03-05-2007, 09:17 AM

Problem: Every time I power off the Olevia and then turn it back on (immediately or hours, same behavior), the set cannot show the signal. Olevia support says that this is due to losing the HDCP authorization when power is off and it does not have the ability to request a new auth unless the TV sees the signal lost (i.e., cable box is power cycled or HDMI cable is removed/reset). This is annoying and even slightly difficult since the cable is out of the way in the back.[/color]cult since the cable is out of the way in the back.

Same problem here - any thoughts?
post #206 of 507 Old 03-05-2007, 10:14 AM

Liked: 11
I believe the Tv has to be powered on before the STB. That is if your hooked up thru HDMI
post #207 of 507 Old 03-05-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmonkey15 View Post

Ok, a couple things. First off, I've read a few things that said that no matter what TV you use, the Xbox causes screen tearing, therefore making it a problem with the Xbox (not sure how much I believe this).

Second thing, I was having screen tearing issues too (even when watching DVDs via my xbox 360) when the resolution on the xbox was set to 1360 x 768, this TVs native resolution. I switched the resolution on the xbox to 1280 x 1024, didn't notice any difference in picture quality, but I swear I haven't seen any screen tearing since then. I watched a few movies, saw nothing, played some Halo 2 (which was tearing once in a while before) and haven't seen any tearing since. It really doesn't make any sense at all to me, but so far it seems to have worked.

If there are other people out there with the screen tearing issue, see if changing the resolution helps, and tell me im not crazy.

Changing the resolution to 1280x1024 seems to have gotten rid of the tearing for me. Not sure why/how this works as it makes no sense at all. I notice a small amount of reduced quality on things like text running this way but its very miniscule and looks far better than running thru the component cables.

BIG THANKS!
post #208 of 507 Old 03-05-2007, 07:46 PM

Anyone have any good custom color settings for this TV yet?

Randy/noTe
post #209 of 507 Old 03-05-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsNoah View Post

Changing the resolution to 1280x1024 seems to have gotten rid of the tearing for me. Not sure why/how this works as it makes no sense at all. I notice a small amount of reduced quality on things like text running this way but its very miniscule and looks far better than running thru the component cables.

BIG THANKS!

Glad I could help! I guess I'm not going crazy then!! Now if only we could figure out why this actually works....
post #210 of 507 Old 03-05-2007, 09:29 PM

Anyone have any luck using the RS232 control port to change DIRECTLY to a source on this monitor? I am the only person this bothers. I would like my Home theatre master mx-800 be able to send the code to change directly to VGA or HDMI for example.

The only solution I can find is through the use of the RS232C port and the serial control codes they give on olevia support site. I built a cable and tried echo'ing the codes out through my serial port and could not get it to work.

I may have to take this thing back if I can't figure it out. I also have another post on this if you search for rs232 control 337h with more info.

help!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page