Question regarding Panny Plasma and LG LCD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-30-2006, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been looking for a 42" set for a month or so now and I have been reading a lot of feedback on these forums (which are awesome by the way :D ) and I am torn between two sets (TH-42PX60U and the 42LC2D).

I went to a friends store today to look at the Panny and saw the LG LCD and thought it was an awesome tv and the picture, to me, looked better than on the Panasonic. After talking with my buddy it turns out I could get the LG for $100 more than the Panny would run me so I am really leaning towards the LG right now.

I have found a ton of positive feedback for the 42PX60U but not so much on the LG. Would it be a mistake to go with the LG?? I am looking for some first hand feedback if possible. Also, the Panny has a 90 day warranty and the LG comes with a 2 year.

I am going to be using the set in my family room for HD TV, Video games and DVDs.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-30-2006, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You've pretty much answered your own question here. If the LG looked better to your eyes, that is what you should purchase. It is your eyes that are going to be watching the set! You're not going to find a whole lot of negativity on these boards regarding Panasonic plasmas...especially for the price. As far as the warranty...Panasonic having a 90 day warranty is news to me. I've never heard of ANY manufacturer of tv's not having at least a one year warranty.

John from Boston
post #3 of 3 Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FYI the Panasonic warranty is one year. I have been torn between the Panasonic 42px60u and the 45" Sharp LCD (720P model). I have both sets in my house at the moment. I have been watching the Sharp for the last two weeks and just got the Panasonic today. After 5 minutes of seeing the Panasonic in my house i decided- there was NO contest. The plasma was so much better- better colors, better blacks, more detail. I thought it was going to be a tough choice but for me it is not. Even if the sets cost the same ( which they dont- the lcd is more) I would still go with the plasma. Also i noticed that the LCD looks similar in the store and at home while the plasma looks MUCH better at home. I think that with the brighter screens LCD will show better in a store but at home is a different story. I would strongly suggest buying both and viewing them in your home and then returning the one you dont like. You just cant decide accurately in a store. Good luck
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page