AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp LC-37D40U and OPC Troubles

394 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Xcalibur_255 
#1 ·
Folks:

I want to start out this message by saying I am an AV newbie, but would like to know more. Hence, the reason why I came to the AV Forums. A wealth of information is here.

Anyway, I am having a sporatic problem with my Sharp Aquos 37D40U LCD panel. For the 3rd time in 5 months, when I turn on my panel, it delays, seems to be switching (the screen darkens/lightens for a few moments) but then gives up. The Power and OPC light then start flashing together.

At times, it can take hours for the ability to turn my panel back on. I've unplugged the power for 2 minutes, as suggested by someone, possibly even Sharp. My memory fails me right now. Anyway, that procedure doesn't seem to work in all instances.

With that said, I am perplexed as to the problem actually is. I'm also interested in finding a solution. If my panel needs to be replaced, now would be the time to do it while still under warranty.

Any information/advice that you wise folks can offer would be appreciated.

Cheers!

-- Xcalibur2572

See less See more
#2 ·
An AV newbie whose taste in screennames is just as bad as mine apparently. ;)

A problem like this can be awfully hard to diagnose. I'd suspect problems with the set's powersupply first. The backlight could be failing to light for this or other reasons. Of course if you haven't contacted Sharp and gotten a trouble ticket with support yet obviously you should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.