I have the Samsung, & I am very happy with it for the most part. Other models I considered were the Philips (looked good on paper, but low refresh rate = lousy picture quality) and the Sony KDL. The Sony is actually a pretty nice set, but one thing that steered me away from it was the connection layout. If you plan on running RF into it at all, the only hookup is on the SIDE! I didn't see the point of getting a sleek new LCD panel, only to have a big ol' honkin' cable sticking out the side. All the connections on the Samsung are well placed on the back, with dual component ins, and even a built-in cable tie to keep 'em out of sight.
Plusses with the Samsung:
- Good input selection & layout
- Looks nice, speakers out of sight
- Great, crisp picture for the money
Drawbacks I've found with the Samsung:
- No HD tuner (not a problem for me as I use my cable provider's signal).
- No discreet input selection (this means you toggle or menu through input sources, so if you're using a universal remote, you can't use a macro to automatically select the input source).
Hope that helps,