Biggest LCD HDTV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-01-2006, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just recently seen a 32" LG LCD and the PQ was great (was at a hotel). It had a button for a commercial and it stated that LCD's was available from 2" to 100". I have searched, but cannot find anything about a 100" LCD HDTV.

Are there any out there or what is the biggest there is out there? Am trying to see if this route is better than getting a projector. This route would be easier being installing a projector will involve a lot of work on my house.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-02-2006, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathright
Just recently seen a 32" LG LCD and the PQ was great (was at a hotel). It had a button for a commercial and it stated that LCD's was available from 2" to 100". I have searched, but cannot find anything about a 100" LCD HDTV.

Are there any out there or what is the biggest there is out there? Am trying to see if this route is better than getting a projector. This route would be easier being installing a projector will involve a lot of work on my house.
There is a difference between LCD's which are sold and those which were demonstrated. Indeed, a 100"
LCD was demonstrated

http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/08/l...h-lcd-display/

so presumably it will be available in shops one day.

The biggest LCD sold is 65 incher from Sharp

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/Mod...8,1572,00.html

For sales in 2007 there is already announced 70" LCD from Samsung and there should be also coming 82" LCD from Sony. The 82", if it enters production, will be especially interesting because of LEDBL and Deep Color/HDMI 1.3 technologies (but high price may be a big cooling factor :)).

Thus, next year LCD's may indeed start rivalling projectors with respect to the picture size.

irkuck
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page