Recommendations - 40" LCD HDTV with QAM - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-02-2006, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for a 40/42" LCD HDTV for my parents. Doesn't have to 1080p - I don't think they'd really use it. Would like one with a QAM tuner so they can pick up their local unencrypted HD stations (they have basic cable). Preferred price - at/under $1500.

I've spent all last night combing through the thread here to try and help me figure out what to go for. Originally I was thinking of the Samsung LNS4041 or LNS4051, but then I found out that these (and most Samsungs) do not have a QAM tuner. Then I started looking at the Aquos & Bravia S, but they're a little more expensive then I'd like. The other option is the Sceptre or Philips 42" at Costco, however, I'm not a big fan of the external tuner box and I'm not sure how good the Philips is.

From what I've read, Samsung seems to make pretty good LCDs, it's just a bummer that hardly any of them have a QAM.

Ultimately, I'll probably go into Best Buy or Circuit City to take a look and see which one looks better before I make a final call. Can anyone offer suggestions on which sets to look at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlebud
Looking for a 40/42" LCD HDTV for my parents. Doesn't have to 1080p - I don't think they'd really use it. Would like one with a QAM tuner so they can pick up their local unencrypted HD stations (they have basic cable). Preferred price - at/under $1500.

I've spent all last night combing through the thread here to try and help me figure out what to go for. Originally I was thinking of the Samsung LNS4041 or LNS4051, but then I found out that these (and most Samsungs) do not have a QAM tuner. Then I started looking at the Aquos & Bravia S, but they're a little more expensive then I'd like. The other option is the Sceptre or Philips 42" at Costco, however, I'm not a big fan of the external tuner box and I'm not sure how good the Philips is.

From what I've read, Samsung seems to make pretty good LCDs, it's just a bummer that hardly any of them have a QAM.

Ultimately, I'll probably go into Best Buy or Circuit City to take a look and see which one looks better before I make a final call. Can anyone offer suggestions on which sets to look at?
Wal-mart has the Emerson, Symphonic you can check them out...
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page