Just a quick summary for you....
- Black levels are weaker than plasma
- Some people say the color isnt as accurate, but the jury is still out on this
- Not the best off-axis viewing, picture gets washed out.
- Less resolution per screen inch ( fewer pixels )
- Glare issues during anything other than dark-room viewing.
- Lower inherent brightness gives picture less "snap" than LCD
Really, they are both excellent choices and each of them have come a long way in masking their weaknesses and improving on their strengths. With your viewing itinerary, I would say LCD serves you best. For someone doing mostly movies, Plasma all day long.
Hope that helps....