Buying 26" LCD for video gaming - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-11-2006, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm new to the forums, but I've been in a serious dilemma concerning what TV I should buy. I'm buying a 26" LCD, and my price range is nothing above the mid-USD 700s. That price range is for online retailers, because I know I will pay more at a brick and mortar store (unless there is a big TV sale, such as one going on at Circuit City).

After weeks of intense research, I've narrowed the choice down to 3 26" TVs:

Samsung LN-S2641D 26" LCD TV
Toshiba Regza 26HL66 26" LCD TV
Sharp LC-26D40U 26" LCD TV

I will be using this TV to play on my XBOX 360, which will account for 99% of TV use. Maybe once a month I will watch local HDTV broadcasts, but this is a secondary TV which will be used strictly for gaming.

I've read some bad things on this forum about the D40U-series TVs exhibiting ghosting, but I haven't heard anything about this specific TV. I'm not concerned about the inputs -- I know all the TVs have at least 1 component and at least one HDMI. I am concerned about speakers, however. The Samsung has only 5-watt speakers, whereas the other 2 have 10-watt speakers. I'm not expecting great audio, but I want something that isn't totally flat. Also, the Toshiba scored the highest on Consumer Reports' October 2006 reviews.

I almost have my mind set on the Toshiba, although I'd like to hear some opinions on the other TVs. Any specific information on any of the TVs would be greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page