Samsung LN-S4092D - VGA Input Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2007, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This will be my first time posting here, but I have been looking ALL over for 3 days now and read a million posts here and haven't found anything related to this.

I have a Samsung LN-S4092D LCD TV and I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to it via the VGA (PC) Input. The reason is that the VGA input looks about 100x better that the component input for the xbox 360. Anyways, I get my custome brightness and contrast adjusted just how I want it and play my game. After I am done, I turn the Xbox 360 off, a few seconds later the TV display "shuts off" by itself and then the center ring "flashes", then I turn the tv off. The next day I go to play the 360 again and the brightness and contrast settings have been reset back to factory defaults. Not just the custom ones I was using, but ALL of my settings have been reset to default.

Is there ANY possible way to keep this from happening? I basically have to adjust my picture settings EVERY time I want to play Xbox 360. This does NOT happen when playing it with the component cables, but I REFUSE to play with them because the picture quality is not nearly as good.

Can some one please help me here? Or at least acknowledge that you have the same problem so I know I am not alone.

Thank you,

- Jayson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Bump!~
Old 01-13-2007, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

I guess no one has these issues...I am going to contact samsung and see if they have a clue whats going on... But please reply!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:45 PM

I'm a little confused. Is it saving your settings on the other inputs such as HDMI, S-Video, etc.? Is this only happening on the VGA input?
Old 01-14-2007, 01:24 AM

Liked: 11
I'm using VGA input to my 4051 from my 360, and I'm not having that problem. The TV does go into standby mode when I turn the 360 off, but when it comes back on, the settings are still intact. Different models, different firmware maybe...
Old 01-14-2007, 03:36 PM

can't say for sure, but i did read on the cnet forums of a similar situation that the TV was in "showroom" mode and kept going back to default settings. I don't remember the exact fix, it was something like hold the 'menu' button for 5 seconds, try to search over at the cnet forums
Old 01-16-2007, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

I have yet to read the cnet forums, but I will soon...

But the settings stay just fine until I use the vga connection to the xbox 360. It seems that when it goes into standby mode it erases my custom settings. I can use any other inputs all day long, turn the tv on/off and have no issues. When I use the 360, turn it off, it goes into standby, I turn the tv off, then turn it back on, all settings are gone. However, if I use the 360, change inputs on my tv to anything but the pc input, then turn the 360 and the tv off, everything is fine.

The problem seems to be when the tv goes into "standby mode" on the pc input. But it seems that it only erases when I turn the tv OFF while it is in standby mode. I have found that when I use the 360, turn it off but leave the tv on in standby mode, then turn the 360 on later, the settings are still there. It ONLY erases them when I turn the tv off while in standby mode.

If you have any additional input, I would appreciate it. I will look around on the cnet forums in the morning. Thank you for responding.

Quick Edit: It definatley erases ALL my custom picture settings when it "resets" itself. So I have to adjust EVERYTHING, even my dish dvr hooked up to the hdmi input. Frustrating...
Old 01-16-2007, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

I talked to Samsung support and they had me try the "showroom" mode that you mentioned and found its actually called "shop" mode That apparently wasn't the problem, the tv was alredy out of shop mode so this unfortunatley was no help. But at least you are at least as Samsung support

Anyways, they told me I have to call back tomorrow to talk to "tier 2" support which I guess means that the "tier 1" support isn't smart enough to help me with my issues. So I will post tomorrow to let you all know what they have told me. At least if in the future someone is having a similar issue, they can refer to this post. We'll see if I have to get a firmware upgrade or something, that would be upsetting...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:12 PM

Why not just switch the TV to another input before you turn it off?
Old 01-16-2007, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

That is what I typically do and yes, that does work... But really, I forget to do this at least once per day. Not only that, but my wife forgets too... But thats what I try to do, just doesn't always happen
Old 01-17-2007, 12:17 AM

mine actually switches to the next mode when there is no signal from the "PC".

I hook my laptop up to the tv for dual screen usage and sometimes when the connection doesn't work at the beginning it just changes mode.

You can always turn off the tv before turning off the xbox and then turn on the xbox first than the tv.

Good luck.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, that is true also. And yes, it does work...But I don't always remember...I am so used to turning off the tv last. Anyways, thanks for the tips guys..
Old 01-17-2007, 04:57 PM

You got me curious, so I tried this on my 4051. It didn't reset my settings like your's does. Sorry, mate...