few panasonic questions/furniture help needed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-25-2007, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all
I decided to post here because I still have a few indecisions over whats going to be my new HDTV set for my bedroom. I'm already set on getting a Panasonic LCD LX60/600 and will be buying within the next two weeks.

This set will be in a 13' x 11' room siting on top of my black laminate dresser about 4 feet away from my computer workstation/desk and about 9 feet from were my head will be in bed. So I'm leaning towards the 32" for that reason as I'm thinking the 26" would just be to small.

However the 32" brings up an issue of not enough space because my stereo receiver also sits on top my dresser(both because I have no were else to put it and best radio reception for my fav noncom fm station) so both the receiver and new tv wont fit up there unless I can find some sort of stand to raise the tv up above the receiver or allow the receiver to sit inside it that sits on my dresser. Unfortunately since i don't own this house I'm not allowed to use a wall mount as that would make things easier.

according to panasonic the TV stand base is 19.8" x 11.8" for the 32" so I would need something at least that big to sit atop my dresser which has a depth of 18" and raise the bottom of the TV panel at least 5 1/2".

I envision a 3 or 4 sided black box without a front and back siting on my nightstand however I cant seem to find such a thing anymore for a reasonable price. I'm thinking in the range of $30 or less.

Does anyone have any ideas for a piece of furniture that might work?

Also does anyone think its worth waiting the full two weeks in terms of price difference or just ordering the TV now? I don't think a couple of bucks will mater all that much.

Thanks for your time
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page