Philips 42PF9731D - PC input cut off with DVI->HDMI at 720p or 1080i? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-28-2007, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hi Everyone,

I just set up the Philips 42PF9731D a couple days ago and love it so far. The picture is fantastic, but there is one thing that I can't figure out.

It is listed as supporting PC resolutions including 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768- problem here is that these are all 4:3 formats. No good for widescreen gaming. Thankfully, it states that it also supports 720p and 1080i video formats from the PC. This SHOULD translate into 1280x720 and 1920x1080 resolutions on the PC.

The good news is that both resolutions produce a picture. The bad news is that the video resolutions have a little bit on the top and bottom cut off. For PC use, this makes these resolutions kind of useless, since a lot of functionality of full-screened windows is at the very top or bottom.

Anyone have any ideas? I've completely exhausted any options on the TV. It's almost as if I need to *zoom out* just a little bit. I've tried turning off all post-processing, and any auto-screen size options. The only options I think I have left are to somehow crop the image I'm sending to the TV through my PC's drivers (NVIDIA) but I haven't found anything.

Calibration Equipment:

Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro

Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL

Televisions:

Panasonic TC-P65VT50 (currently own)
Samsung UN55D8000 (returned) Calibration and Settings Thread

Plasma IR Removal:

Post 1 - Post 2 - Post 3

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page