Sharp 46" 1080p AQUOS LC-60C46U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 654 Old 02-06-2007, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
NippsDXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any other data on this model just posted today on the Costco Website?

Not even listed on the Sharp Website.......
NippsDXer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 654 Old 02-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
alaskaman1666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LAS VEGAS
Posts: 591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SHARP 46" LC-60C46U

As far as I know it's a SHARP LC-46D62U with a different lower front grille for the speakers.
I just received a 46D62U from SHARP YESTERDAY. Read other D62 threads about BANDING!

ALL MY MONEY I SPENT ON AUDIO AND VIDEO; THE REST I JUST WASTED!
alaskaman1666 is offline  
post #3 of 654 Old 02-06-2007, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
NippsDXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I do believe that the 60C series is a different line. Not sure what the difference is - That is why I posted in here.

Anyone got a contact or way to check with Sharp?
NippsDXer is offline  
post #4 of 654 Old 02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Member
 
WSP1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone ever returned 0 search results by searching the model number of a TV on the major search engines? I search LC-60C46U (as on Costco's web) and hit 0. I bought the Phillips 47" 1080p??? from them but this looks interesting since it does support a 1080p input. Can't wait to hear more about the TV as well as the banding issue.
WSP1013 is offline  
post #5 of 654 Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think they usually change the product number a little when they sell it at Costco so other big boys like BB & CC won't whine about cheap prices from Costco. Therefore, I don't think you will see any info regarding Sharp AQUOS LC-60C46U on Sharp's site. But it does look a lot, spec, like the LC-46D62U model. Now, the million dollars question is whether this model suffers the banding problem like the LC-46D62U model.

Just hope Costco has this one in store here so I don't have to wait 20 days and pay $100 for the shipping.

Can anyone in the Kirkland area check this one out in store and offer your opinions on this model?

Thanks.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #6 of 654 Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
alaskaman1666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LAS VEGAS
Posts: 591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Go To Sharp Website

See Lc-60c52u

Same Set As Lc-60c46 But Bigger

ALL MY MONEY I SPENT ON AUDIO AND VIDEO; THE REST I JUST WASTED!
alaskaman1666 is offline  
post #7 of 654 Old 02-06-2007, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaman1666 View Post

Go To Sharp Website

See Lc-60c52u

Same Set As Lc-60c46 But Bigger

Yip. Looks like the same model except it's larger and of course, Costco also sells that LC-60C52U model too.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #8 of 654 Old 02-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Member
 
Nihilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So will this model be available only online like the Phillips 1080p tv? If they get this model in store, I will return my crummy Vizio 1080p to Costco in a heartbeat.

For Christ's sake! Could you turn the music down for a second?
Nihilism is offline  
post #9 of 654 Old 02-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
klas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just placed an order online, but will check if they have it in stores

Mac Mini HTPC (Win7)
klas is offline  
post #10 of 654 Old 02-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Member
 
Nihilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post

just placed an order online, but will check if they have it in stores

I checked Tuesday night at my local, regular Costco, and they don't have it on display or in stock. Maybe a Costco home location has it in stock and on display...

For Christ's sake! Could you turn the music down for a second?
Nihilism is offline  
post #11 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Member
 
djblaze805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cali
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilism View Post

I checked Tuesday night at my local, regular Costco, and they don't have it on display or in stock. Maybe a Costco home location has it in stock and on display...

My Costco should have had it in stock on Monday. I'll check today (the 7th) and report back later.

I'm strongly looking at purchasing this one. Its priced much better than the current 46 inch at BB and CC. I'm excited for it.
djblaze805 is offline  
post #12 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 03:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblaze805 View Post

My Costco should have had it in stock on Monday. I'll check today (the 7th) and report back later.

I'm strongly looking at purchasing this one. Its priced much better than the current 46 inch at BB and CC. I'm excited for it.

BB and CC have the LC46D62U for $2,659.99 while CompUSA has it for $2,799.99. However, you can get it for $2,096.95 from Home Depot through amazon plus shipping and tax.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #13 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
klas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i would still get it from Costco

Mac Mini HTPC (Win7)
klas is offline  
post #14 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
NippsDXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Will post any reponse they send. Asked for data - specs - any info on it....

Also asked if the internal design was new and if the banding issue was addressed in this particular 46" design.

NOT that I expect them to answer but had to try.
NippsDXer is offline  
post #15 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
klas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NippsDXer View Post

Will post any reponse they send. Asked for data - specs - any info on it....

Also asked if the internal design was new and if the banding issue was addressed in this particular 46" design.

NOT that I expect them to answer but had to try.

I am curious myself, thanks for doing this

Mac Mini HTPC (Win7)
klas is offline  
post #16 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
 
savage1005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i called my local costco's and they say that it is only available online for my region -charlotte, nc. i am probably going to buy one as early as next week.
savage1005 is offline  
post #17 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since this model is not on sale or anything like that, I think I would wait to hear from others regarding the PQ and especially the banding issue. I hate to order it and then have to haul it back to local store to return it.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #18 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Senior Member
 
savage1005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have a costco only 5 miles from me, so if there is a problem with the set i can return it pretty easily. also, even if the set has some bands, which i am pretty much accepting that it will, i am probably going to hold onto the set until something nicer comes out later on this summer. unless the banding is real severe.
savage1005 is offline  
post #19 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
klas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Called local Costco (Kirkland, WA) and they said they have them on order in all stores in the area. They will be getting them by the end of the week.

Mac Mini HTPC (Win7)
klas is offline  
post #20 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post

Called local Costco (Kirkland, WA) and they said they have them on order in all stores in the area. They will be getting them by the end of the week.

If you don't mind, I would love to hear what's your thoughts about this model comparing to others in store this weekend when you get a chance to visit your local store.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #21 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
NippsDXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation.




We recommend contacting a Customer Service Representative at our toll free number, 1-800-237-4277 and follow the prompts for Consumer Electronics. The representative will need to get more information from you to assist you better. We appreciate the opportunity to review this matter.




We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with this information. If you need additional information please include all information from prior e-mail messages and replies.



We would like to know what you thought about your satisfaction with your email experience. Please click the survey link http://12.20.72.72/metaSurveyExterna...cgi?idx=A5QQ8H to complete our online customer satisfaction survey. This survey should take less than 5 minutes to complete.



Cory Young

Customer Assistance Center

Technical Support Specialist

Technical Support Line: 1-800-BESHARP



If you need to reply, please be sure to include in your message all information from prior email messages & replies. If your email client automatically deletes prior email thread information, it will cause a delay while we look up your support history.
NippsDXer is offline  
post #22 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
klas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NippsDXer View Post

Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation.




We recommend contacting a Customer Service Representative at our toll free number, 1-800-237-4277 and follow the prompts for Consumer Electronics. The representative will need to get more information from you to assist you better. We appreciate the opportunity to review this matter.




We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with this information. If you need additional information please include all information from prior e-mail messages and replies.



We would like to know what you thought about your satisfaction with your email experience. Please click the survey link http://12.20.72.72/metaSurveyExterna...cgi?idx=A5QQ8H to complete our online customer satisfaction survey. This survey should take less than 5 minutes to complete.



Cory Young

Customer Assistance Center

Technical Support Specialist

Technical Support Line: 1-800-BESHARP



If you need to reply, please be sure to include in your message all information from prior email messages & replies. If your email client automatically deletes prior email thread information, it will cause a delay while we look up your support history.


That's no help

Mac Mini HTPC (Win7)
klas is offline  
post #23 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Senior Member
 
c5Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can those size specs for the 46" on the Costco website be right? They are the same specs as the 52" set on the Sharp website -- which don't mach the 52" on Costco???
c5Guy is offline  
post #24 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Don't quote me on this but I believe this set is almost identical in spec to the Sharp AQUOS LC46D62U! The big question is does it also have the same problem with banding like LC46D62U does.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #25 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Member
 
GaryGnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I called my local Costco store in Hanover, MD and asked if they had or will have the Sharp 46" in the store. He checked and no stores in the Northeast have it. He said he has no indication that they will have it any time soon.

YMMV.
GaryGnu is offline  
post #26 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 10,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Can some one direct me to sharp website for Model LC-60C46U] ?

I can see 52U but not 46U.

thnx
zoro is offline  
post #27 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

Can some one direct me to sharp website for Model LC-60C46U] ?

I can see 52U but not 46U.

thnx

As far as I can tell, only Costco is selling the 46U model (right now) and I don't believe Sharp has any listing of that model on their website. However, I think it probably has the same spec as the bigger model, 52U, and from the coupon book, the 52U will be $300 off starting next Monday. Otherwise, I assume this model is the same as the LC46D62U but not sure if it has the banding issue like the LC46D62U does.

Just wish they would carry this one in store so I can check it out myself.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #28 of 654 Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Member
 
djblaze805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cali
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I checked at my local store and due to the fact that they are going to be having inventory this weekend, they probably won't receive them until Monday at the earliest.
djblaze805 is offline  
post #29 of 654 Old 02-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Member
 
GaryGnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblaze805 View Post

I checked at my local store and due to the fact that they are going to be having inventory this weekend, they probably won't receive them until Monday at the earliest.

Where is your local store?
GaryGnu is offline  
post #30 of 654 Old 02-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Member
 
djblaze805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cali
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in CA.
djblaze805 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off