Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 03-21-2008, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroG View Post

Well, it's been awhile since my last post on this issue. Toshiba had offered me a new 42lx177 to replace my existing 42lx196 with this "ghost bar" issue. I really didn't want that due to not having cable card. After some time, they were able to find a refurbished 42lx196, which I did accept. So far, the refurb is just great. No ghost bars. The picture is what I'd expect. Now, you're thinking I'm crazy for taking another TV which will most likely develope the same issue over time. Well, Toshiba has agreed to warranty this refurb for one year. So it's just like getting a new tv. If it does go bad again, well, them I'm in the same situation, and hopefully, by then, there will be a newer model with cable card, that they can offer me.

wish me luck.

Well, my luck ran out. The refurbed, after about a month, has the exact same issue as my first unit, even worse. This is warrantied until Feb of 09. So, I'm going to wait until the new Toshiba's come out and then try to get them to replace this pos with the latest models. Hopefully that will be my final swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 03-21-2008, 06:56 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroG View Post

Well, my luck ran out. The refurbed, after about a month, has the exact same issue as my first unit, even worse. This is warrantied until Feb of 09. So, I'm going to wait until the new Toshiba's come out and then try to get them to replace this pos with the latest models. Hopefully that will be my final swap.

That really sucks.
post #63 of 67 Old 03-21-2008, 02:40 PM

Ah man my 42HL167 just start showing that bar mid right of the screen today been logged into the PSN store.

I'm gonna have to call the shop and talk something out. This time a different brand replacement.

I had enough with that green push which I finnaly got under control. Nothing like yellow subtitles showing with a green tint. But now this problem started appearing.

The first warning sign was when the driving board was shot. No picture, menu ui but audio playing and able to flip channels. Had them replaced with a July 07 model from a March 07.

Well good luck to everyone.
post #64 of 67 Old 03-21-2008, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does this only happen in the older ones?

As another poster said, all the big manufactures have BIG issues in their tvs and I was about ready to get a 42rv530 too maybe this is fixed by now? Any way of telling if it is?
post #65 of 67 Old 03-22-2008, 12:59 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph00p View Post

Does this only happen in the older ones?

As another poster said, all the big manufactures have BIG issues in their tvs and I was about ready to get a 42rv530 too maybe this is fixed by now? Any way of telling if it is?

I think this issue was with the older xx196 models. This is a backlighting issue I believe. But I agree with the other poster. If you research enough, you'll find out that just about every manufacturer has some issues with their bigger panels. I think that's the biggest thing, most problems are with the larger 42" and up panels. I really haven't heard too much about smaller panels. And it's mostly the lcd's. I think I may just switch to plasma. I haven't heard too much problems with plazma.
post #66 of 67 Old 04-22-2009, 03:07 PM

Liked: 11
I had the same problem with the line on the right. It went away all by itself when I stopped watching 4:3. I ajusted theater wide 3 to the best fit for 4:3 and after a month or two the line went away. It will come back if I watch 4:3 for sometime.

I think the line is some sort of burn line related to 4:3 created by an error in the electronics and by watching the TV in full mode all the time, it corrects itself.

So to the remaining problem with my Toshiba, Audio Stutter only on the premium HD tear of channels with comcast cable and cablecard.

The stutter seams to follow a pattern, its on one channel 918 most of the time and moves around to other 900 channels some of the time. If I do not add or delete channels for a week or two the stutter goes away almost completly, except for Fox News HD and QVC, no big lose they both sell junk.

But as soon as add/edit or comcast moves or adds a new 900 channel Bill'O starts sounding like Jimmy on South Park a good thing.

I get no stutter on channels 2~912 the basic HD comcast tear. Toshiba said the problem was the cablecard. Comcast has replaced the card 6 times and they will no longer replace it again for free. They blame Toshiba.

The real rub is that I didn't get the higher tear of channels 913 and up until the warranty had run out on the TV. I never new I had a problem until I was to late and no one can even guess as to what the problem is for less than 750 bucks.

If there is anybody still on this thread that can help, HELP, Gregg
post #67 of 67 Old 11-27-2009, 01:22 PM

I am having the exact problem with my 52" Regza. Of course i am 3 months out of warranty and Toshiba says Im on my own. If I have found an interesting recall/advisory on the Toshiba wesite under notices. The 40" and the 46" have had their warrenties extended due to complaints. I now have a leg to stand on when I call tomorrow. Check, you may be covered
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page