~Official Olevia 747i/742i owners thread - Page 172 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5131 of 5135 Old 08-12-2015, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am hesitant to post my e-mail up on the forum, and can't send any PM's until I hit 15 posts. Despite having registered in 2007, this is only my second post.

I have the same issue listed previously, audio dropouts on some HDMI connected devices (like the PS4).

I was able to download the firmware from the dropbox link a couple of pages back, but I do not know if it is compatible with my TV. I have the 747i-B11, and I am not sure it is the same as the 747i. The firmware says to check the FM #, but I have no clue what that is.

Also, I see no instructions for the upgrade process and the manual online says to check Olevia's webpage.

So, if anyone can tell me if there is a difference in the TV models (or a difference in the firmware) please reply. If you have a B11 specific version of the firmware, I would love to get a copy (with update instructions).

Or, if you know how to fix the audio dropout problem please reply.

I would also be interested in the process for restoring the TV to factory defaults.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5132 of 5135 Old 08-27-2015, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all.

I'm finally replacing my 747i I bought from TigerDirect for $1000 years ago. It's really been a great TV...just in the mood for something fresher and I really wanted 3d.
I purchased an LG OLED EC9300.

But now I don't know what to do with my 747i....it still works flawlessly, albeit it heavy and bulky as heck compared with the new TVs...
Anyone in Southern California interested in purchasing?
And what do you guys think is a fair price? I realize it could go any day, but I've never had a problem with it.

Thanks!
post #5133 of 5135 Old 08-27-2015, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfilerguy View Post
Hey all.

I'm finally replacing my 747i I bought from TigerDirect for $1000 years ago. It's really been a great TV...just in the mood for something fresher and I really wanted 3d.
I purchased an LG OLED EC9300.

But now I don't know what to do with my 747i....it still works flawlessly, albeit it heavy and bulky as heck compared with the new TVs...
Anyone in Southern California interested in purchasing?
And what do you guys think is a fair price? I realize it could go any day, but I've never had a problem with it.

Thanks!
Good luck finding quality content for your 3D TV. Avatar is good, but that is about it, unless you like anime'.

I still have a 747i, but I only paid $599 for it. It is being used in a bedroom. Still has a great picture, and the SOUND is much better than the late model skinny mini tv sets. As for value, I would not pay any more than $99.
post #5134 of 5135 Old 08-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Unhappy 747i terminal illness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
That's what my regular tube TV's (all Sony Trinitrons) lasted me on average, 5-6 years. The 27" Trinitron I bought in 2004 is still working (watching it right now) because the 747i took over in 2007 and they split my workload since. My 747i is on its 7th year and it still works/looks great, milky blacks and noticeable banding aside. Glad you got six years worth of use out of yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredante View Post
You know, I was thinking along the same lines....at least you can rest easy knowing
one thing....at 134 lbs, no one's walking away with that baby.Not even in your neighborhood.
Do you have any special hook ups to clean the cablevision signal,or do you have FIOS?
Started a few weeks ago - turns on, everything is going well for the first 30 seconds or so and then - POP - no sound (from ANY source). Unplugged for a day - let it rest - retry - same outcome.

Jaredante and dad1153,

Assuming you are both still in the NYC area, would either of you be interested in selling (or better yet gifting ) your fully functional, fully working Olevia 747i set to a fellow AVS member (ME! ) ?

And, as a bonus, if you decide to sell it (her?) to me and you happen to get a little 747i-sick, you can come by to visit it (her?) whenever you like!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I hope you both are enjoying your upgraded gear/t.v. sets.
post #5135 of 5135 Old 09-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
747i Terminal Illness Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebesthereis View Post
Started a few weeks ago - turns on, everything is going well for the first 30 seconds or so and then - POP - no sound (from ANY source). Unplugged for a day - let it rest - retry - same outcome.

Jaredante and dad1153,

Assuming you are both still in the NYC area, would either of you be interested in selling (or better yet gifting ) your fully functional, fully working Olevia 747i set to a fellow AVS member (ME! ) ?

And, as a bonus, if you decide to sell it (her?) to me and you happen to get a little 747i-sick, you can come by to visit it (her?) whenever you like!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I hope you both are enjoying your upgraded gear/t.v. sets.
Update...

Miraculously, I have sound again!

However, still interested in purchasing a used, fully working 747i though. With issues like this, not sure how much longer this set has. Have any of you 747i owners - those of us having problems with the set - taken the back cover off of the set in order to blow dust (using condensed air of course) off of the back of the main board? I'm seriously thinking about doing it. Not sure if it would help prolong the life of the set but at this point, it may not hurt.

Last edited by thebesthereis; 09-02-2015 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added question...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Olevia

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page